"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 19 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaddix

Did anyone identity the purple glowy girl yet? Because I recently came across a character named Aura, who was an ally of Superboy from the 90's. She was a Chinese teen with magnetic abilities and (depending on the artist) her hands had a pinkish purple glow effect when she was using her abilities.

SOunds rather obscure. Besides why precisely would we need her around when you have Static who already control the entire electromagnetic spectrum?

Also gosh darn this show is taking way too long to come back

RoryWilliams

SOunds rather obscure.

You mean like 80 percent of the people used in the show? I'm not saying it's definitely her but if it isn't the fact that she's "obscure" sure as heck ain't gonna be a factor as to why given some of their character choices.

Skaddix

Yeah well I highlighted the main reason that would make no sense. Static already having those abilities plus extra.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Besides why precisely would we need her around when you have Static who already control the entire electromagnetic spectrum?
And we're talking about a show with 4 guys that can run at super speed, 4 archers, and 4 Green Lanterns to start with. That aside, I don't think the aliens quite have control over what power manifests from any given metagene they discover in the teenagers through their experiments. Two subjects with almost the same power is a boon, it's basically twice the firepower like with the Justice League having two Green Lanterns on the team in season one.

Skaddix

Or they could downplay the breadth of his abilities just like virtually everyone else on the show.

Trailer already showed him magnetizing something. Having a stealth character or someone who could cast some spells would be more useful to the team anyway.

Four Archers? U mean 3. Green Arrow is not on the team so does not count. Although really Clone Roy is in retirement. Real Roy seems to be going AWOL. Artemis is undercover. So I doubt they all be on the team at the same time.

Speedsters. Two are retired. One is on the League. The other is active. Still At most two of these guys would be on the team at the same time.

As for Strength. Lagoon Boy down and out. So that leaves 3. Although Bricks are the most overused ability anyway.

RoryWilliams

You're being obtuse. He pointed out correctly that there are already multiple characters with overlapping powersets and nobody said all the new kids would be joining the team anyway. Heck nobody said Static was joining either. When the failure to balance out screentime between the original kids and the new cast has been this apparent in the first 8 episodes, I can't see the writers adding ANOTHER four new full-timers to the cast. Maybe one of them will stick around.

the greenman

And we're talking about a show with 4 guys that can run at super speed, 4 archers, and 4 Green Lanterns to start with. That aside, I don't think the aliens quite have control over what power manifests from any given metagene they discover in the teenagers through their experiments. Two subjects with almost the same power is a boon, it's basically twice the firepower like with the Justice League having two Green Lanterns on the team in season one.

You just reminded me, didn't the creators say they were going to reveal more about the GL's this season? Or were they referring to the comics? That might go to explain if Despero really does appear, they would definitely be involved.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
You just reminded me, didn't the creators say they were going to reveal more about the GL's this season? Or were they referring to the comics? That might go to explain if Despero really does appear, they would definitely be involved.
On December 28th, 2011, on Ask Greg, Mr. Weisman hinted that "Eventually, the television series and/or the comic will reveal more" about the Green Lanterns. So, both the show and comic. But, we did get mention of Oa and the Guardians in the first couple of episodes of Invasion by John Stewart. And, we know the stories told from Issues #20 and on had to be changed. For all we know, one of those planned arcs before the changes might have featured a Green Lantern as a den mother. But with the new multiple timeline format, we may still have some spotlight on one or more Green Lanterns in the comic.

I think we'll get more pieces of info about the Green Lanterns and the Corps as the series goes on. I imagine if this is Despero appearing, we perhaps will eventually get at least throw away line granted the GL's return to Earth by the time Despero appears or perhaps Nightwing briefs the assigned squad(s) about Despero from a Justice League case file (if they encountered him before).

Skaddix

You're being obtuse. He pointed out correctly that there are already multiple characters with overlapping powersets and nobody said all the new kids would be joining the team anyway. Heck nobody said Static was joining either. When the failure to balance out screentime between the original kids and the new cast has been this apparent in the first 8 episodes, I can't see the writers adding ANOTHER four new full-timers to the cast. Maybe one of them will stick around.

Yeah balance has been sad. SuperMartian over-saturation being mostly to blame.

graysongirl

Yeah balance has been sad. SuperMartian over-saturation being mostly to blame.

Well from the looks of where things are headed, I doubt it'll be much of a problem anymore, since M'gann will be worried about L'gann and upset about Artemis and probably plotting to labotimize Kaldur...

Skaddix

Yeah I got a feeling M'gann is really going to screw over the Light Infiltration Plan. Which could easily be prevented if Superboy had the guts to rat her out. But as things Stands its only matter of time before M'gann goes Rogue. Although I wonder who ranks higher on the list Queen Bee or Kaldur?

Nightwing26

graysongirl said:
Well from the looks of where things are headed, I doubt it'll be much of a problem anymore, since M'gann will be worried about L'gann and upset about Artemis and probably plotting to labotimize Kaldur...

You have to remember MM already lobotomizes people and sees nothing wrong with it; if she was planning to do something, it would be to kill him!

ShadowStar

You have to remember MM already lobotomizes people and sees nothing wrong with it; if she was planning to do something, it would be to kill him!

Yeah, true. Maybe Nightwing will try and keep her away from him... but the Comic-Con trailer shows her confronting someone who's wearing the Black Manta helmet, and that's most likely Kaldur. Skilled though he is in combat, how does he handle a telepath who's gunning for him...? What will probably happen though is that she'll do a deep, painful mind-probe, then learn that Artemis is alive and accidentally blow her cover.

Skaddix said:
Yeah I got a feeling M'gann is really going to screw over the Light Infiltration Plan. Which could easily be prevented if Superboy had the guts to rat her out. But as things Stands its only matter of time before M'gann goes Rogue. Although I wonder who ranks higher on the list Queen Bee or Kaldur?

Good question... Beast Boy is M'gann's adopted brother and her comment to Artemis at the end of "Infiltrator" showed that she was intent on developing a sisterly relationship with her, so both are like her siblings, and both have been wronged in her eyes. I'd like to think that she would go for Queen Bee if she had a choice between those two though.

Skaddix

Yeah Manta designs he suits to block that actually. Since Aquaman does have telepathic abilities. Also in comics character who use electricity tend to be fairly resistant. Pre New 52 DCU had Static making himself undetectable to Miss Martian. He also showed resistance in his TV Show. At Marvel Storm and Magneto use it all the time.

On the issue of who goes first. Not sure but personal betrayals tend to hurt more. When your friend knives u in the back it tends to be worse then when someone you don't like does it.

Nightwing26

Skaddix said:
Yeah Manta designs he suits to block that actually. Since Aquaman does have telepathic abilities.

Well Greg has said that Aquaman will have sone sort of improvised version of his telepathy.

reflection01

(Miss Martian confronts Kaldur and hordes of Black Manta soldiers)

MM: "You betrayed us, Kaldur! You killed Artemis. I have to do this."

(Miss Martian begins to lobotomize Kaldur)

MM" "Hello, Megan! You're just using your biological father to spy on The Light! I knew you wouldn't betray us!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts