Future of Discovery Family?

JakobTV

Well, it looks like Discovery Family will be airing a MLP Friendship is Magic Marathon starting tomorrow, as Pony Life premieres that Saturday.

There starting at Season 2.

JakobTV

Discovery Family will air yet another My Little Pony Marathon starting on December 24. They did this last year and in 2018. It's going to air for one week. It's called Party with the Ponys.

And speaking of My Little Pony, there airing the 2017 movie this weekend. Yep, this the first time there airing it. It previously aired on Universal Kids, Freeform and Disney Channel.

Reactions: RDG

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Discovery Family will air yet another My Little Pony Marathon starting on December 24. They did this last year and in 2018. It's going to air for one week. It's called Party with the Ponys.

And speaking of My Little Pony, there airing the 2017 movie this weekend. Yep, this the first time there airing it. It previously aired on Universal Kids, Freeform and Disney Channel.
Ugh! When will Discovery Family gonna realize that having too many MLP marathons every single year is going to make TTG marathons look like SpongeBob marathons back in the late 2000's seems less of a problem in comparison?

Yes, I get that from a business perspective, MLP G4 sells, and people still love it for over a decade. I get that The Hub did have MLP marathons on numerous occasions before 2014.

But that's still no excuse of thinking that this is literally the only show they have while rest were completely disposable.

I mean, talk crap about The Hub Network, at least they advertised numerous shows, even if their treatment wasn't the best. And I'm still pissed off that Discovery (and mostly Hasbro) didn't even try taking care of The Hub as much as they should of.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Eh, I wouldn't put it past it. Unless it give us a great surprise like a former Hub show that hasn't aired in years finally airing it again on a good time slot, I'm still seeing Discovery Family as a dreadful version of The Hub.
You realize how unlikely that is, right? Most of their shows came from the likes of CBS Television Distribution (Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Sister Sister), Warner Bros. (ALF, Step by Step, Animaniacs, Superman, Batman), Sony (Men in Black, The Facts of Life), and even Disney (Doogie Howser, M.D., Blossom, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show)...

Toons Fan

Zap2it doesn't show the movie airing this weekend.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
You realize how unlikely that is, right? Most of their shows came from the likes of CBS Television Distribution (Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Sister Sister), Warner Bros. (ALF, Step by Step, Animaniacs, Superman, Batman), Sony (Men in Black, The Facts of Life), and even Disney (Doogie Howser, M.D., Blossom, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show)...
Well, not towards their acquire sitcoms, just more or less their animated stuff and Hub originals.

Last edited:

JakobTV

Zap2it doesn't show the movie airing this weekend.
Oh yeah, your right. It was supposed to premiere this weekend, but it looks like Discovery Family pulled it at the very last minute. They replaced it with the Best Gift Ever special.

EDIT: Actually, it must have been a error on Zap2it's part. Keep in mind this movie is from Lionsgate, so that's why this movie aired on other channels like Universal Kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDG

homeofthebadguys

Let's not forget that Lionsgate's Roku live service (named MovieSphere) had it back in October.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
their weekday lineup has actually improved a bit
Oh, speaking of that, I kinda forget to tell you that question a couple of days ago, but can you tell me specifically on why you think Discovery Family's current weekday lineup is a bit of an improvement (even compared to The Hub)? I'm legitimately curious.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts