"DC Showcase (Animated Shorts)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Otaku-sempai

I wonder what kind of DC SHOWCASE shorts they're going to include next? I'd love to see another Green Arrow with Roy Harper/Arsenal that would be cool. The Question would be good too just to name a couple.
Is there even going to be another round of shorts in 2021? But shorts that I'd like to see?
- "Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew"
- "Bat-Mite V Mxyzptlk: Dawn of Silliness"
- "Swamp Thing"
- "Doctor Fate"
- "Travis Morgan, the Warlord"

DCAMUFAN

No, there is currently no confirmation or even hint there will be another round of shorts.
What's been the average amount of releases per year with the DCAU? I'm guessing including when they release the DC shorts plus the movies it's 3 or 4 or year? 4 including if they do a two part movie.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
What's been the average amount of releases per year with the DCAU? I'm guessing including when they release the DC shorts plus the movies it's 3 or 4 or year? 4 including if they do a two part movie.
The DC Universe line still averages 3 a year. A 2 part movie has no bearing on amounts of releases per year. Dark Knight Returns was in 2012 and 2013, both 3 movies per year. Neither does a Showcase short being included with a movie.

No, only in 2019 was there 4 movies a year that included Showcase shorts. but only 2 of those movies had shorts. 2010 and 2020 were 3 movies each. 2010 did have a 4th release with the Superman/Shazam set.

In the last 4 years, the DC Universe line had :
-2016: 3. 8 if you count the 5 other movies not in the DC Universe line.
-2017: 3. 8 if you count the 5 other movies not in the DC Universe line.
-2018: 3. 12 if you count the 9 other movies not in the DC Universe line.
-2019: 4. 7 if you count the 3 other movies not in the DC Universe line.
-2020: 3. 4 if you count Death in the Family. 6 if you also count the 2 other movies not in the DC Universe line.
-2021: 4 so far.

The breakdown of releases I keep track in in the first post of the movie news thread under the first spoiler tag.

ShadowStar

Frontier

Staff member
DC Showcase is coming back for 2021-2022 with Constantine, Kamandi, Blue Beetle and The Losers! Get all the details at The World's Finest!
Yes! Even more DC Showcase :D!

Kamandi and the Losers are tailor-made for DC Showcase shots so that should be fun to watch :).

I'm curious what they do with Blue Beetle...will the main character be Ted or Jaime? Or both :cool:?

And of course, the return of Constantine to animation. Wanna bet we'll hear Matt Ryan reprise the role ;)?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Now that you mention it, The Losers would have fit in better as a bonus for Justice Society WWII, provided they;'re using the classic version of the team. That's a minor nitpick though.
I thought Creature Commandos were DC Nation shorts? Not a Showcase short.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
There were a couple of DC Nation shorts with the Creature Commandos years ago, then a separate DC Showcase short with Sgt. Rock and them released in 2019 (with the Batman: Hush movie).

Dreyfus

When? I missed a few since I don't collect those films anymore. I just found out they made a "Death" short.

If not Sgt. Rock maybe Blackhawk.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
I'm in the same boat. This is cool news though and I think I will go back and try to snag some of these other blurays for the collection.

EmaHalJordan

I am very happy with the news, but the lists could be improved a lot, I think it could be better mixed, they put characters that 5 people are interested in (the Loosers).
I think a more interesting mix would be:
Green Lantern/Green Arrow Hard Traveling Heroes
Kamandi
Blue beetle
Mr. Miracle

I'm fine anyway, I hope it's Ted Kord! :D

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Joyous news! Huh, curious why Constantine for the compilation release. Unless City of Demons sold really well and justifies him being the anchor rather than someone from the Big Three. The other 3 are all solid picks.

Now that you mention it, The Losers would have fit in better as a bonus for Justice Society WWII, provided they;'re using the classic version of the team. That's a minor nitpick though.
Hard to say how they choose what shorts go with which movie but keep in mind:
giphy.gif

Ha ha, you probably expected a real answer.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Joyous news! Huh, curious why Constantine for the compilation release. Unless City of Demons sold really well and justifies him being the anchor rather than someone from the Big Three. The other 3 are all solid picks.
Maybe JM DeMatteis just likes writing animated stuff with Constantine :p?

That and he lends himself well to an episodic short story. Although I would've loved to have a Zatanna or Dr. Fate story...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts