Cartoon Network to broadcast "Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go" in US

Moleoman

Cartoon Network acquired from Mattel the rights to broadcast Nelvana-produced "Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go" episodes and specials in the US:
Funny thing is how the Kidscreen article is only partially right. While this will be the first time a WarnerMedia kids network aired "Thomas and Friends" in the United States, Cartoon Network UK/Europe already has broadcasted it (in years 1996-1999) before HIT purchased Gullane.

tykroma94

What world are we living in right now? Thomas and Friends on CN. That doesn’t sound right in the same sentence. yeaa this is gonna be Chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eurbane

Oh no we got trouble, Thomas is airing on Cartoon Network, there’s no more steam team, Carly’s moved out of Brendan and now a mobile crane and Diesel’s a good guy. I still think we need Diesel 10 back as the bad guy or better yet we’ll have Thomas to have a rivalry with Boco. Maybe all the vectors, rolling stock and engine to make a comeback and the international vechles like to come to visit sodor including Kenji who’s basis looks like Kana.

harry580

What world are we living in right now? Thomas and Friends on CN. That doesn’t sound right in the same sentence. yeaa this is gonna be Chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well, Thomas did aired on Cartoon Network.....but in the uk
Oh no we got trouble, Thomas is airing on Cartoon Network, there’s no more steam team,
um the steam team concept was made after hit bought gullane (the old owners of Thomas)

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Not that much of a Thomas fan, to be honest with you. I remember Thomas when I was a kid, and I used to played the toys and watched some of the episodes of the 80's show on PBS Kids Sprout, but I wasn't really into it.

However, when looking at this new show/season, the art style doesn't look that bad. In fact, I find the new Thomas design pretty adorable. I mean, the show geared towards kids, and I don't have a problem with the show existing. Besides, I'm out of the target demographic of Thomas in general, so anything I said are completely null and void.

Anyways, it's pretty interesting that CN is showcasing Thomas for the first time for a brand new generation. Despite the new Thomas show will get massive backlash from fans(and the cartoon community will used the most cliché comments in the book), it does seems like CN really wants this show to be part of their new preschool lineup in the fall. We'll see how this will stick.

Last edited:

ToonsJazzLover

Oh boy the title ends with the word Go. And now that Infinity Train is cancelled many people are gonna blame this reboot for the situation.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Oh boy the title ends with the word Go. And now that Infinity Train is cancelled many people are gonna blame this reboot for the situation.
Yeah, when it comes to Cartoon Network's reputation when it comes to reboots, this is not too much of a surprise...

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Sooo....

Thomas the Tank Engine: All Engine Go premiered on Cartoonito this morning?

Who saw it and what do you think of it?

For me.....

I watched it out of morbid curiosity because I heard a lot of people don't like it when pictures and a trailer came out several months ago.

I thought it was.........wasn't all that great lol

I don't know, I wasn't a huge Thomas fan as a kid. I did remember watching the 80's show on PBS Kids Sprout back in the day, and I do enjoy it at the time, but I wasn't too crazy about it.

I did watched the first four episodes (on mute, don't ask me why) and I cringed almost half of it.

While it's nice to see some of the old characters came back(despite being too fanservice-y), but the new characters are so forgettable and I completely forgot who they are after seeing this show.

Even though I watched this show on mute, I did see some clips after I watching the episodes, and the kid voice acting made me groan. I get the show want to make the Thomas characters younger in order to appeal to the target demographic, but still it does not sound right to me.

Plots? What plots? It's nothing more than just cliche childish kiddie plots. Nuff said.

The biggest biggest biggest thing that I absolutely can't stand this show was the animation style.

When I first saw the teaser of it, I thought it looked fine. When the character moves however, it really throws me off, especially with its fast pacing.

It feels like I'm watching MLP Season 9 in terms of the character animation in the way they moved, they they talked, and the way they express the characters' emotions.

The facial expressions are really really bad. They tried way too hard to give the characters emotions. At least with the classic expressions from the 80's show were unique and memorable. This was just SO WEIRD! Yeah, they're pretty painful to watch.

Finally, I didn't hear the songs since I'm watching the show on mute, but I'm glad I didn't because I don't want hear anymore cringe.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the show at all. I don't hate it as everybody else does, it just...didn't really do it for me, and this is coming from who wasn't a big fan of Thomas.

I know it's not made for me and I'm glad some kids get some enjoyment out of it. I wasn't too crazy about it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts