Fantasy TV channels ideas?

Kitan2020

What RegularCapital said in another thread:
Launching two linear pay kids channels in the UK called Bang! and Tiny Tots.

Pay-TV is becoming less significant, with only the CN and Nick channel suites being pay-TV following Disney's withdrawal from the UK pay-TV kids market, they remain as pay-TV because of the quality content they produce and also because of CN's commitment to linear TV and Nick UK being partly owned by Sky. Disney was squeezed out of the pay-TV market because of low ratings and the popularity of Disney+.

The UK children's TV market is at saturation point, there's no more room even for free-TV (which will depend heavilly on advertising revenue), plus there's other forms of entertainment such as YouTube and gaming that compete in the kids entertainment industry. Bang! and Tiny Tots seem to be very similar to Pop and Tiny Pop, if Bang! and Tiny Tots are going to similar to what free channels Pop and Tiny Pop are offering and they are pay-TV, they're not going to survive, especially as POP usually airs shows on second run or usually acquire third-party shows the other channels aren't that interested in.
In the response to the RegularCapital post in the other thead I'm responding a same question again but on the new thread, I wouldn’t flood the Bang! and Tiny Tots schedules with US shows and would be nothing like Pop and Tiny Pop, I would fill it with classic British kids TV shows from pre-early 00s. I would love to see reruns of Live & Kicking, SMTV Live and CD:UK as well as Grange Hill and Byker Grove.

Bang! and Tiny Tots would also have lots of non-repeated original programming made in house by the channels including shows (on Bang) aimed at 12-16 year old teenage audience. It would also have live in vision continuity which would feature presenter reading out emails, phone in games, competitions, features, interviews and music performances. As long there are not T4 'too cool for school' style presenters. Eventuality Bang! and Tiny Tots would rely on original programming.

Bang! would broadcast from 6am-9am and 3:30pm-9pm. Tiny Tots would broadcast from 9am-3:30pm. Both would use the same EPG number.

I wonder what RegularCapital does think of my idea kids TV boyband which would be a tween equivalent of The Wiggles?
Will there be a market for a tween equivalent of The Wiggles?

My company would also operate a linear pay general entertainment called Granada Television (licensing the name and logo from ITV). Unlike BBC One, ITV and Sky One, Granada would have a varied schedule, it would have both new original programming in both daytime and primetime. It would commission the remake of a weekly three hour remake of Saturday morning kids show SMTV Live/CD:UK. CD:UK which would take up the final hour of SMTV Live like the original version did would also be a own channel on Sky broadcasting from 7pm-9pm on weekdays and 5pm-9pm on weekends. CD:UK would timeshare and align with Bang! making Bang!/CD:UK/Tiny Tots a three channels in one. The channel would be similar to the Saturday morning format of CD:UK with presenters, studio audience, live performances, interviews, videos, repeats of classic CD:UK and the nightly chart rundown of weekly Official UK Top 20 singles updated nightly until the final weekly sales for that week chart are out. My company would buy the rights to the CD:UK archive and format.

I’m surprised no broadcaster has launched a channel that would do for chat shows like Challenge has done for game shows. The channel called ChatworldTV aims to broaden viewers' perceptions of the chat show genre from traditional studio to leisure based shows. ChatworldTV could be a mixture of new and exclusive output including original programmes, first run US shows and also the best in classic British and American chat shows.

There could be five blocks of chat shows in the schedule, in the evenings there would be ‘art of conversation’ shows fronted by Parkinson, Frost, Aspel, Harty, Wogan and O’Connor.

Late night slots could given over to ‘comedy’ chat from US shows like classic Letterman to British shows like classic Ross, Anderson and Norton.

In the daytime there could have a block of ‘tabloid’ chat shows including classic shows like Trisha, Vanessa, Ricki Lake and Montel. Also in daytime, ‘celebrity’ focused shows like Ellen and Wendy Williams could form part of the schedules.

The weekday schedule could start at 7.30am with the hour long live studio based chat/debate show aimed at kids aged 8-15 years old. In the after school slot there could be a live interactive tabloid chat show aimed at CBBC target audience from 4pm and there would be a live celebrity chat show in the mould of Des O’Connor from 5pm also aimed at CBBC target audience.

There could be a number of live phone-in shows which will allow the viewer to interact with the show by phone, Skype, email, text and social media channels. There could be discussions on daily news, sport, celebrity interviews and gossip as well as viewers personal lives. Viewers could ask the studio guest the questions. There could also be a 'roving' reporter who do a viewers follow up to the phone in about their personal life.

I would revive ITV's 90s Saturday night flop Man O Man as a standalone channel. The main format of the Man O Man channel would be the format ITV tried out in the 90s and it would be live. Fremantle owns the format hence the company owned Thames would supply the channel's output.

I wonder what RegularCapital thinks about this?

Last edited: Today at 1:56 AM
Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

harry580

fox kids network America, a American version of fox kids channels in Australia, europe and Latin America

fox family would instead be a sister channel to fox kids network America

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
the same shows fox kids and fox family used to aired (fox kids and saban) along with new original programming such as animated adaptations of movies like night at the museum, diary of a wimpy kid, ice age rio and more
How would they get the rights to stuff like Woody Woodpecker

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
DC/Marvel Zone, a channel dedicating to airing exclusively to the Big Two, which would be a joint venture between Warner Media and Disney.

Review Metabee

well universal holds the rights to woody woodpecker but they could air that in a kids channel owned by universal that is better than universal kids
They never air it tho
They could make a deal with Fox however and air the show on their new afternoon block the TOON show which airs before the action block FOXCTION which airs
Digimon
Shinzo
Spy Dogs
and other junk

harry580

They never air it tho
They could make a deal with Fox however and air the show on their new afternoon block the TOON show which airs before the action block FOXCTION which airs
Digimon
Shinzo
Spy Dogs
and other junk
well, universal airs woody woodpeckers on fox kids long before nbc bought universal, so now nbc bought universal, they could air woody woodpecker on a kids channel universal owns (looking at you universal kids)

Review Metabee

well, universal airs woody woodpeckers on fox kids long before nbc bought universal, so now nbc bought universal, they could air woody woodpecker on a kids channel universal owns (looking at you universal kids)
They would never air it tho

NermNelly

PlazMedia:

PlazTV: General entertainment channel
PlazMovie: Movies channel
PlazLilac: Female-oriented lifestyle channel
PlazBang: Youth channel (Gaming, anime)
PlazKids: Kids channel
MusaHits: Music channel with music from all eras
MusaTop: Music channel with recent top 20 music
PlazNow: On-Demand service

plaz.png

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ
I wish there will be a channel that airs nothing but Pop Team Epic, Jujutsu Kaisen, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Boruto: The Next Generation, Tamagotchi! (yes, 4 seasons, including Yume Kira Dreams), Hamtaro, Big Hero 6: The Series, Meta Runner, Sunset Paradise and SMG4.

I would name it, UmJammer TV

Streaker Prower

CBSFreeform: A Rebrand of Paramount Network
This Channel Airs Nickelodeon and Family-Friendly Programing during the Daytime until 8PM From Sunday thru Thursday and Until 10:00PM on Fridays and Saturdays (Due to FunDay Movie Night on Friday Nights and Saturday Night SpongeBob on Saturdays, while Programing from any other ViacomCBS Channel during the Nighttime (excluding any TV-MA Shows besides TV-14 Episodes/Versions of South Park and R Rated Movies )

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Just deleted some posts. If you think someone was hacked, please report them. It's one thing to point out someone may have been hacked and even warn others not to click on any suspicious links, but no one reported the post in question. I know it's still early, but people still clearly saw the post. I only noticed when I did because the user in question was hacked yesterday and I was seeing if they got their account secured.

That's all for that. Let's now resume on topic discussion.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts