WarnerMedia sold to Discovery Networks, renamed Warner Bros. Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

animegamer

I’m curious how it will work in India, because it’s one of the only markets with a Discovery Kids channel along with Latin America. Discovery Kids India only airs local content, so I guess its content might be merged into Pogo. And maybe the content of the LA feed could be merged into CN.

SpongeBobFan2004

Since Discovery has FTA channels in the Nordics, Poland, Italy, German-speaking countries and New Zealand. This would give WarnerMedia an advantage in the European region. Discovery Kids LA/BR would get a major boost thanks to the extensive catalogue that WB owns and DFC may still continue…

SpongeBobFan2004

I’m curious how it will work in India, because it’s one of the only markets with a Discovery Kids channel along with Latin America. Discovery Kids India only airs local content, so I guess its content might be merged into Pogo. And maybe the content of the LA feed could be merged into CN.
What about Discovery Kids SEA? Probably, the most major setback of the LA/BR version of DK was the expansion of original content and the re-addition of programs for older children…..

harry580

my guess that discovery kids could be replaced by different discovery branded channels like discovery kids uk end up when the said channel got replaced by discovery turbo

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
A thing to note is that there could be some conflict of interest here in Italy with the FTA channels. Here, WarnerMedia half owns Boing and Cartoonito in a joint venture with Mediaset, Discovery owns K2 and Frisbee. I don't think both groups of channels would be able to survive under the same roof.

harry580

A thing to note is that there could be some conflict of interest here in Italy with the FTA channels. Here, WarnerMedia half owns Boing and Cartoonito in a joint venture with Mediaset, Discovery owns K2 and Frisbee. I don't think both groups of channels would be able to survive under the same roof.
well since k2 and frisbee are under discovery, I guess they can sell k2 and frisbee to the owner who bought sony uk channels and rebrand k2 to pop

themidnightlore

What happened to it
No one watched it and it died with only two years and some months of life.
Not the shortest Sony channel to die, Cine Sony Italy lasted a bit less. (If you con't consider Sony Crime Channel 2 and its seven months of life, that one was the shortest living Sony channel)

that because sony didn't had channels in Italy I believe so that why pop failed
I'll keep saying that Sony didn't have to leave Sky here in Italy. AXN went okay, I think? Their leaving pay tvs behind was the start of a "suicidial" move here in Italy.

RegularCapital

Staff member
So far AT&T have:

Sold their cellular masts to lease them back
Sold 30% of DirecTV by spinning the company off
Sold off their 50% stake in Central European Media Enterprises
Sold off Chilevision to ViacomCBS
Sold off Crunchyroll (pending)
Selling Rooster Teeth

So all of the debt management and asset sell-offs at AT&T was a pointless exercise after all just to merge with Discovery, I know most of it will be issued as shares, but there's an often a very hefty cash transaction.

themidnightlore

So far AT&T have:

Sold their cellular masts to lease them back
Sold 30% of DirecTV by spinning the company off
Sold off their 50% stake in Central European Media Enterprises
Sold off Chilevision to ViacomCBS
Sold off Crunchyroll (pending)
Selling Rooster Teeth

So all of the debt management and asset sell-offs at AT&T was a pointless exercise after all just to merge with Discovery, I know most of it will be issued as shares, but there's an often a very hefty cash transaction.
I don't think it should be counted in this, but AT&T in 2019? did sell their stake in Game Show Network to Sony. But I feel this happened before WarnerMedia was a thing.

LinusFan303

Squeak
It's not the AT&T wanting to buy Discovery, more like they want spin off Warner to be with Discovery because they realized they made a mistake like when they bought Direct TV. (The Government trying to anti -trust and stop the Time Warner purchase should have worked, they'd be better off now) This would be a new operation that would be owned by AT&T and Discovery's shareholders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts