"Spidey and His Amazing Friends" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member

Here's a new article about the show with various information including that it will premiere on "Disney Channel and Disney Junior" meaning it will premiere on the Disney Junior block. Good since that block has been airing the same few shows for awhile now.
So major takeaways:

- Best animated Marvel cartoon in years. Definitely best colors :rolleyes2:.

- Looks like the main team-ups are Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and Black Panther.

- Main villains are Green Goblin, Rhino, and female Doc Ock. Is that supposed to be Carolyn Trainer or Olivia Octavius ala Into the Spider-Verse? Miles having an art theme seems like it's definitely from that.

- There's a scene of what I assume are the trio's families? Off the side you see Miles' parents and I think the glasses woman is maybe Aunt May? Is the blonde lady related to Gwen?

- Vehicles...because of course :p.

TFormersMarvel

So major takeaways:

- Best animated Marvel cartoon in years. Definitely best colors :rolleyes2:.

- Looks like the main team-ups are Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and Black Panther.

- Main villains are Green Goblin, Rhino, and female Doc Ock. Is that supposed to be Carolyn Trainer or Olivia Octavius ala Into the Spider-Verse? Miles having an art theme seems like it's definitely from that.

- There's a scene of what I assume are the trio's families? Off the side you see Miles' parents and I think the glasses woman is maybe Aunt May? Is the blonde lady related to Gwen?

- Vehicles...because of course :p.
On another forum, someone assumes the blonde lady could be actually Carol Danvers, which would be notable connection for Kamala. I can sort of see the resemblance with the flight bomber jacket look, and her undershirt appears to have some kind of symbol.

In the same line of thinking, the montage of the Spiders helping their respective acquaintances, the elderly trenchcoat guy might be George Stacy, aka Gwen's cop father.

Frontier

Staff member
On another forum, someone assumes the blonde lady could be actually Carol Danvers, which would be notable connection for Kamala. I can sort of see the resemblance with the flight bomber jacket look, and her undershirt appears to have some kind of symbol.

In the same line of thinking, the montage of the Spiders helping their respective acquaintances, the elderly trenchcoat guy might be George Stacy, aka Gwen's cop father.
I guess it could be Carol, but it seemed like civilian characters relevant to the main trio...although you never know :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Looks pretty good. The intro has a nice rhythm. I like how each character has a different colored web. As for the rest, Doc Ock seems to be the most intriguing villain in there but I also like Rhino 's design.

For what it's worth, I also thought the blonde girl shown in the intro might be Carol Danvers. (My second thought was Sue Storm. :p)

SweetShop209

A bit of a minor thing, but the theme song is on the Disney Junior YouTube channel. I wonder if future clips will be just here or also on the Marvel HQ channel.

So we have more information on the show. We have a digital soundtrack on September 17. We also have the announcement for some other people working on the series. This includes Steven Grover (who worked on Hello Ninja and some Lego Jurassic World projects) as a producer, with Chris Moreno (co-producer and art director on Muppet Babies 2018) as supervising director, and Chris Gilligan (supervising director on Goldie And Bear and TOTS) as a consulting director.

So we have a voice actor confirmation, Nicolas Roye. He's voicing the spider computer named Web-ster.

Last edited by a moderator:

user193851

I have been watched Spiderman (TV Series 1981) then I see Peter Parker face and I see his clothes are same person from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981).

So I see the super heroes and the super villains was return in Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981) from Spiderman (TV Series 1981).

Super Heroes

Captain America
Namor the Sub-Mariner

Super Villains

Doctor Octopus
Doctor Doom
Sandman
Magneto
Mysterio
Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
Kraven the Hunter
Red Skull
Chameleon
Kingpin

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

I have been watched Spiderman (TV Series 1981) then I see Peter Parker face and I see his clothes are same person from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981).

So I see the super heroes and the super villains was return in Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981) from Spiderman (TV Series 1981).

Super Heroes

Captain America
Namor the Sub-Mariner

Super Villains

Doctor Octopus
Doctor Doom
Sandman
Magneto
Mysterio
Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
Kraven the Hunter
Red Skull
Chameleon
Kingpin
The 80s Spidey animated shows might have been loosely set in the same continuity, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this show.

Let's please not get off-topic discussing the previous Amazing Friends cartoon here.

EDIT:
Getting back on-topic, it seems we have more voice actors confirmed. Jakari Fraser as Miles and Sandra Saad as Kamala. Apparently Saad is reprising the role from the recent Avengers video-game.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

So we have a role reprisal, but from a different project. I've heard some clips of her performance as Kamala, and she sounds good.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts