"Batgirl" Feature Film News & Discussion (Spoilers)

the greenman

Can one of you mods do some investigating? I'm seeing reports that the villain is going to be either Firefly or Killer Moth. The ex-firefighter kinda fits Firefly, but then they'll name Killer Moth as well. Both are connected to Batgirl but Moth was her first. No pun intended.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Otaku-sempai

the greenman

Shouldn't they be trying to cast a little younger? The role is for Bat-GIRL.
Based on SuperGIRL I have a feeling they really don't care. Until someone comes along and complains. Guess we'll see if Sue Storm retains the Invisible Girl moniker. Though it has recently come to my attention Lee and Marvel were probably skirting a possible lawsuit cause Invisible Woman was already taken by a film in the 40's.

Otaku-sempai

Based on SuperGIRL I have a feeling they really don't care. Until someone comes along and complains. Guess we'll see if Sue Storm retains the Invisible Girl moniker. Though it has recently come to my attention Lee and Marvel were probably skirting a possible lawsuit cause Invisible Woman was already taken by a film in the 40's.

Well, in general a title can't be copyrighted (with some exceptions). And it's not likely that Sue Storm-Richards is going to be getting a solo film in any case. Invisible Woman should be fine as her code name.

the greenman

Well, in general a title can't be copyrighted (with some exceptions). And it's not likely that Sue Storm-Richards is going to be getting a solo film in any case. Invisible Woman should be fine as her code name.
The girl names were done in the 60's by everybody. Even women used it. "Diamonds are a girls best friend" in song by Ms. Marilyn Monroe. So I think with Gloria Steinem pushing the feminist movement of the 70's, that's why things changed up. Invisible GIRL became Invisible WOMAN and Marvel GIRL became a few things mostly Jean Grey.

I'm not sure Barbara was spotted by age. Though we already have a Batwoman by that point too.

Frontier

Staff member
Believe it or not, that would still put her in the category of girl back then.

EDIT: BTW, Yvonne Craig (Batgirl on tv) was around thirty when her show came out too.

Well, Melissa Benoist's Supergirl started out when she was 24, although they also had to justify why she went by "girl."

Otaku-sempai

Are we sure that this movie isn't connected to The Batman? This casting is very much in line with the casting of Jeffery Wright as James Gordon.

Frontier

Staff member
Are we sure that this movie isn't connected to The Batman? This casting is very much in line with the casting of Jeffery Wright as James Gordon.
I might be completely off-base, but I don't think the ethnicities line up for her to be able to play Jeffrey Wright's daughter.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Featured Posts