Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Well, from what I can tell, they're gonna stop airing Grizzy on August 23 since they'll finish off S3.

Sadly called it. I'll never understand certain decisions made, especially in terms of originals. You have it... why take it off so soon? Air it overnight if anything. The Garfields they've shown by now have run their course, and it's not a Boom original. Even if a death slot on a dying channel, it's still better than just not doing it at all. Dare I suggest even replacing certain CN originals with it, mainly ones that've gotten numerous plays.

Glad S3 is being played linear at all. S2 didn't get much love either, and only did 2 new ones a day and per half hour. The day the S2 finale played, and they did one repeat, that was it until we got S3 here.

I feel though we'll see it come back. I don't truly know if it's 78 total shorts like the first couple seasons. As of typing this, the 13th half hour is being played (after the last two Mondays were hour-long broadcasts), which is shorts 37-39. By Friday, we'll have seen up to 51. 52-78 would be eventual, which divide it out, is 9 TV half hours. Uneven, but that doesn't exactly matter. If it's brought back, it'll just be enough for 9 broadcasts and probably done after. All with the thought there'd be the usual 78.

• Agree
Reactions: CNC

Dynamite Soldier

According to Zap2it, it looks like Baby Looney Tunes will not be airing on Boomerang after Sept. 13 (it will instead move to Cartoonito airing at 6-7AM). Some other show will replace its slot.

Moe

When Boomerang app is going to remove Garfield and Friends?

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Catching up on DVR recordings, noticed a Garfield and Friends recording from three mornings ago, and while watching it, couldn't for the life of me remember seeing it before, especially when the first Garfield ended on a cliffhanger, and then after the U.S. Acres also didn't seem familiar so looked it up...

That whole half hour was the second-to-last televised broadcast - or show #120 of 121. As far as I knew, only the first 73 were ever done through The Program Exchange in part of syndication, and basically had been so. However, they played #120 that morning, in what became new-to-me segments. Sad that if I'd known beforehand I'd of certainly made a memo here of it.

"The Horror Hostess: Episode 1 / Newsworthy Wade / The Horror Hostess: Episode 2" were the ones shown, and possibly on linear TV since a potential last repeat performance on CBS itself when they were still airing it.

Garfield only has one more hour late tonight before being replaced by The Looney Tunes Show, but none of the titles are beyond #73.

ToonDude03

“Heavens to Murgatroyd!”
The Looney Tunes Show will replace its slot.
That’s for Garfield and Friends. We don’t know what will take Baby Looney Tunes’ spot yet. Also, do you think they’ll also remove Care Bears: Unlock the Magic from the schedule?Because that’s going to Cartoonito as well.

SpongieLoud

Bingo Bango!
That’s for Garfield and Friends. We don’t know what will take Baby Looney Tunes’ spot yet. Also, do you think they’ll also remove Care Bears: Unlock the Magic from the schedule?Because that’s going to Cartoonito as well.
Looney Tunes Show is taking Baby Looney Tunes slot in addition to replacing Garfield and Friends. Sorry for the confusion.

• Informative
Reactions: CNC

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts