Cartoon Network International News Thread 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleXTCG

xd
The "!" bug is badly positioned again. I missed the beginning. Anyone have Next bumpers and intros? On Vodafone the show isn't even on EPG. Sigh.

It's just the old next bumper with a new voiceover on it. It doesn't even say "Steven Universe: Az új világ" (which is the Hungarian title of the show), just "new episodes of Steven Universe". Pretty lazy job to be fair.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
@RandomMe: I just realized something :) We know that back in April 2006, CN EMEA used the GMT timezone, and back in May 2008, they used CET. But we didn't know when the switch happened.

But now I noticed: the EMEA press releases used GMT until March 2008 and CET starting April 2008.

Here are some EMEA promos from the late 2000s that have never been posted on ToonZone / AnimeSuperhero before.

Powerpuff 60

Ben 10 season 2 premiere

Fantastic Four (Hmmm... I don't remember it like this? Maybe there was a second promo)

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@Red Arrow: Yeah, I remember that thumbnail. Back in 2012 I had my first CN Africa blog (when I still had the channel!) and I started a quest to my zero followers to find missing CN EMEA bumpers. And the first promo was one of the examples, because there were tons of them, epheons of them, missing online.

Even then-contemporary promos like one for a Friends Day featuring a Toy Story song. No, I wasn't joking. This was in September 2011, after the channel left the Dutch market.

Writing about this makes me think that the days of CN EMEA being a thing here are weeping further and further to the past

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
CZ logos (from HBOMax trailer)
elMALKc.jpg

PyarYAp.jpg

2565Z1s.jpg

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
So far, in June, I made a comparison between the two versions of "Ben 10 Make It Fast" (the original from ben10.net and the CN CEE version) to make my research more useful.
Sorry, I misspelled the original source of that short. It's ben-10.net! ben10.net (without the dash) was CN's official site for Ben 10.
And the earliest appearance of that short was in April-May 2007, shortly after the season 3 finale was aired in the USA.
BEN-10.NET - The unofficial site to Cartoon Network's Ben 10™

this seems to have gone under the radar, but boomerang thailand rebranded a few days ago, oddly with a custom branding that's still using the 2004 logo, i get why this is done considering boomerang thailand is one of those "semi-official" feeds where turner don't have that much involvement (think FX Iran or to a lesser extent, CN Canada), but it's still very weird. of note is the use of the characters from the 2012 rebrand in some of the bumps, it looks like they've made them their mascots in a similar fashion to cartoonito

this seems to have gone under the radar, but boomerang thailand rebranded a few days ago, oddly with a custom branding that's still using the 2004 logo, i get why this is done considering boomerang thailand is one of those "semi-official" feeds where turner don't have that much involvement (think FX Iran or to a lesser extent, CN Canada), but it's still very weird. of note is the use of the characters from the 2012 rebrand in some of the bumps, it looks like they've made them their mascots in a similar fashion to cartoonito
At least they kept the good old 2004 logo unlike the ugly square logo. The rebrand looks nice and it's more aesthetic tbh. It's still surprising that they still air Tom and Jerry Kids while not many countries air it. The rebrand looks very good, I just kinda miss the 2012 rebrand.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
CN CEE, 30 September 2005. I don't know if this is different from the others. At least the cut to the ad feed looks more smooth and almost doesn't have the image jumping glitch noticed by Checkerboard, me and others.

The new guy

I am searching for a bumper from Cn EMEA that has a crow living in a terror house that looks a little bit and reminds alot of Sir Raven from the Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy and has the same clothes but does not wear a hat unlike him does anybody have or can find this lost bumper because I can't find it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts