Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
1632012140479.png
1632012148174.png

1632012564172.png

Opening: Grandeur by Snow Man
Ending: Beautiful by Treasure

Last Time: Vanica breaks into Loropechika's throne room and reveals that she cursed all the disciples with immortality, meaning that all the disciples who have been previously defeated can get back up indefinitely. Loropechika and Noelle team up against Vanica, and Noelle even gains a new mermaid form. Even with this, they are unable to defeat Vanica, until they reveal that their true plan was to get Vanica to use Megicula's magic, in which case Secre would appear and seal Megicula away!

This Time: Will Loropechika's desperate gamble against Vanica work? Meanwhile, Yami must push past his limits to defeat Dante.

NOTES: We're down to the final five episodes! No spoilers!

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
I haven't mentioned this before, but I absolutely love the OP and ED songs they're using for the final episodes.

WickedChild

Kissing the shadows
Guess the poster of The Boys I posted in the MHA thread a few weeks back for the girl-power episode doesn't need to be posted for this episode tonight. Instead:

1632032477985.png

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Basic manga/anime rules, ending on a cliffhanger with the master plan being executed is doomed to fail in the next part.

But they're essentially outlined in the battle with the first devil from the elf arc that the only way to beat the Triad is likely fighting in tandem with Asta and his Anti-Magic to negate the regeneration of a Triad for even an second and strike an insanely powerful fatal blow to the devil's heart. So therein lies the problem, Asta still has more to improve with his own devil to get to to the 80% - 100% range (and not go feral) and has to be there at each fight but no knights are yet at that level to work with him. I'm gonna guess they suffer more defeat, and Yami gets seemingly captured. Things get darkest before the dawn, I think is how it goes.

So safe to say: They lose badly, whoever lives trains and levels up even more then the rematch and the Triad gets killed off? So Dante takes Yami. Vanica takes the queen. I'm guessing like with the other spirits, Undine might switch dance partners and bond with Noelle to survive and recuperate, and as a boon that will help Noelle major level up and train harder while Asta and his devil are forced to further bond a la Naruto-Nine Tails. And y'know once again fall on the Black Bulls to be the wild card and all insanely level up. Still curious what role those absent will play in the next phase of this war, like Magna and Zora, or those like Grey that showed a glimpse of something like whatever that she cast to save Gauche.

WickedChild

Kissing the shadows
So I'm guessing this is all leading up to what's gonna happen in the movie since the show only has a few episodes left? Is the movie going to encompass the remainder of the Spade Kingdom arc? Can't seem to find a definitive word on it, but it'd be awkward to have a feature length film that takes place in-cannon (which admittedly is an assumption on my part, I guess it could be a side-story like the One Piece/Naruto movies mostly are) and not have a conclusive ending to it. As in, it's just basically what the next six episodes of the anime would have been. But then again that'd also catapult them way the heck forward in the story when they're already creeping too close to the manga's run apparently. Is the Spade arc even done in the manga? Guess I'll just have to wait and see what the movie is actually about.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So I'm guessing this is all leading up to what's gonna happen in the movie since the show only has a few episodes left? Is the movie going to encompass the remainder of the Spade Kingdom arc? Can't seem to find a definitive word on it, but it'd be awkward to have a feature length film that takes place in-cannon (which admittedly is an assumption on my part, I guess it could be a side-story like the One Piece/Naruto movies mostly are) and not have a conclusive ending to it. As in, it's just basically what the next six episodes of the anime would have been. But then again that'd also catapult them way the heck forward in the story when they're already creeping too close to the manga's run apparently. Is the Spade arc even done in the manga? Guess I'll just have to wait and see what the movie is actually about.
Yeah, I've heard the Spade arc is still going on in manga but appears to be almost over.

The anime's Spade arc covered about 3 volumes of the manga. There's 3 more volumes, and about enough singles for another. So it's possible like Demon Slayer, the movie might adapt some of the arc into a 90 minute story like you said, the next 6 or some hypothetical episodes. Or be a new story set during prior like the training arc before Spade. The Jump Fest is usually in mid-December so that's probably when we'll hear details about the movie. It's been almost 5 months since they announced the movie.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Okay Undine being ripped to bloody pieces is TV-PG. Okay, Adult Swim has often been pretty lenient on anime violence while anime fanservice seems to often get an automatic TV-MA even with no naughty bits shown. We got to see Yami do some cool things, but I think the super hyped part of the fight is next episode that got it the title of best fight in the series. Okay, I think Yami already has at least two of those top 5 spots as Yami vs Patry is definitely a top 5 fight.

WickedChild

Kissing the shadows
Pretty sure "fantasy violence" doesn't count much towards rating (past Y7-FV). I mean she's literally made of water, she can't exactly be ripped to "bloody" pieces.

Personally, fights at the top of my list are Noelle vs Kvin and the Black Bulls collectively vs Vetto. Yami's fights bug me because he usually ends up coming in late and cleaning up after everyone else is defeated, and he gets to hog all the cool moments

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Personally, fights at the top of my list are Noelle vs Kvin and the Black Bulls collectively vs Vetto. Yami's fights bug me because he usually ends up coming in late and cleaning up after everyone else is defeated, and he gets to hog all the cool moments

It does seem like Pierrot seems to focus a lot of attention on Yami's fights. I mean a few other characters get fights with fancy animation like Julius vs Patry or Asta and Yuno vs the demon so it's not like Pierrot only gives good animation to his fights.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts