General International TV Channels Thread

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Comedy Central Extra abruptly closed in the Adriatic region on 14 July 2020, 10:00 CET and it was replaced by Nicktoons (I know that the 2nd video would be more suitable in the international Nickelodeon thread).

You can see in the two videos that even after Nicktoons launched there, the subtitles of CC Extra were still going on.

And here is how Minimax in Southeastern Europe switched to the current look on 1 August 2021. This is funnier than the one we had in Hungary. While in Hungary the ident was cut off at "M-", here, it was cut off at "Mini-".

BlooCNBoy02

Sorry for double post, but I checked MTV Hungary minutes ago.

Most of the promo animations and the on-screen bug was changed to the new one, and it also uses the classic yellow-blue-red combination version. Despite this, the idents before and after commercials, the ending of promos and the program titles still have the 2010 logo.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Good news from Poland: TVN24 received a license from the National Broadcasting Council. Four votes for granting the license, one vote against, so that means no Dutch licence for this moment.

Last edited:

J10

Good news from Poland: TVN24 received a license from the National Broadcasting Council. Four votes for granting the license, one vote against, so that means no Netherland Dutch license for this moment.
You mean no Dutch license, as any Netherlands related means it’s Dutch.

I thought they'll refuse to renew due to that planned law, vetoed by Polish senate and president, as there were votes in the past days on the license, but not clearly decided, or wait until the last moment, which is Next Saturday or Sunday, before expiration on the next day.

Last edited:

J10

Wait. Last year (?) wasn't Viacom18 to fuse with Sony's Indian branch? Now is Zee?
I guess Zee had offered, at that time, a big deal secretly, without anyone from the media (incl. Indian & Global newspapers, magazines, and websites) noticing, to Sony, and a better one than Viacom18's, which later then led to that merger, after hugely secret negotiations between Zee & Sony.
1632348365472.png

Last edited:

2 quid is good

wag1 g wys
Between 2007 and 2008, Zee TV Europe had a daily kids slot called Zee Kidzone. It ran from 17:00 WET and ran for either 30 or 60 minutes, depending on the day. The first half consisted of an Indian animated series and the second of an international pre-school show, probably dubbed in Hindi. The Indian shows were later dropped, and they thought that they were able to do profit on international shows alone.

Shortly after the launch of the dedicated kids' slot, Zee Europe handed four licenses to Ofcom, one of them was going to be for Zee Kids. It was supposed to be the UK's first kids network tailored for South Asian kids, who were mostly stuck to either English of the language of the country they lived in. Kids being the future, such an idea would probably work. But this was at a time where even Zee in India had no kids channel - they launched theirs in 2012 as ZeeQ, but shut it down in 2017 because of Zee5.

This is all that I tried to find of it on Zee Europe's website - finding the schedules are a long shot due to it using formats incompatible with Internet Archive:

List of shows that aired (in no particular order, with Indian shows first and foreign ones later):
  1. The Adventures of Tenali Raman
  2. Akbal Birbal
  3. Arthur (aka the pre-school show that isn't)
  4. Caillou (really popular in Portugal at the time)
  5. Bob the Builder (same as above)
  6. Rubbadubbers (series never aired on local channels in Portugal)
  7. Thomas and Friends
  8. Kipper (here it aired on JimJam IIRC)
  9. Cyberchase
  10. The Magic Schoolbus
  11. Backyardigans
  12. Oswald
Sources (proof of the foreign shows airing on Zee Kidzone):
TV Cabo (you need to look at the 16:00 and 16:30 slots with a "ZETV" code)
TV Cabo (same as above)
TV Cabo (same as above)

Initially there was a morning block as well, but it was probably dropped. Either that or the morning one with Indian shows (the initial purpose of the block) was shown on weekends and the afternoon block on weekends.

(RandomMe is not responsible for some potentially malicious content in the links above. They were posted for reference purposes.)
I realise this is a very old post but I have to add, this practice was going on since the early 2000s, perhaps earlier but my memory doesn't stretch further than that. The reason I know this is because I used to watch Hindi dubbed "Adventures of the Gummi Bears" in the late afternoon/early evening as a child, alongside some live-action Indian produced shows. This was on the UK feed of Zee TV by the way, and there wasn't any branding to my knowledge but I could be wrong on this.

J10

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I realise this is a very old post but I have to add, this practice was going on since the early 2000s, perhaps earlier but my memory doesn't stretch further than that. The reason I know this is because I used to watch Hindi dubbed "Adventures of the Gummi Bears" in the late afternoon/early evening as a child, alongside some live-action Indian produced shows. This was on the UK feed of Zee TV by the way, and there wasn't any branding to my knowledge but I could be wrong on this.
The UK/Europe feed had some other Hindi dubbed cartoons in those days,don't know why and how they negotiated for India and Europe. When they had Kidzone their aim was to set up a channel (before they had a kids channel in India), but the plans failed.

RegularCapital

Staff member

BlooCNBoy02

DIGI Sport 2 Hungary continuity fragment from 2016, during the half-marathon held in Budapest. Starts at around 1:37.

J10

By resolution, the National Broadcasting Council wants to force Discovery to sell TVN. "Inept attempt to achieve PiS goals".

Although the National Broadcasting Council extended its license for TVN24, the dispute with TVN, the Discovery Group, has not ended. This is evidenced by a special resolution adopted by the council. In an interview with Wirtualnemedia.pl, it was assessed by former heads of the National Broadcasting Council and experts.

KRRiT uchwałą chce zmusić Discovery do sprzedaży TVN. „Nieudolna próba osiągnięcia celów PiS”

J10

5 Days left for the cessation of both Channel V & Nat Geo People Asia in the MENA Region (also both to be ceased in Southeast Asia), where it'll also be ceased on same day with the other FOX/Disney Southeast Asian Channels.

Unlike FOX/Disney-branded channels in Southeast Asia, still neither any ticker, nor farewell promos for their cessation from both channels, and especially both Star Movies China (Hotels and Residents only), and Star Sports China/South Korea. Not to forget FOX Sports Asia has nothing to promote their farewell messages, unlike FOX Sports Taiwan.

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

Great Movies Classic became temporarily Great Movies Christmas 2 days ago. This is a continuity with the ads being cut out.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.

Featured Posts