"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Latest rumors about Secret Invasion repeats past bits that Olivia Colman is "portraying a mysterious spy with a commanding 'Fury-esque' presence" and the series is going to be a "spy-heavy." The new bits Colman’s character will be just like Fury, "a bit of a puppeteer who does and has done a lot of her dirty work behind the scenes, is "a key part of Secret Invasion," and she is set to return to the MCU in future projects.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Latest rumors about Secret Invasion repeats past bits that Olivia Colman is "portraying a mysterious spy with a commanding 'Fury-esque' presence" and the series is going to be a "spy-heavy." The new bits Colman’s character will be just like Fury, "a bit of a puppeteer who does and has done a lot of her dirty work behind the scenes, is "a key part of Secret Invasion," and she is set to return to the MCU in future projects.
Kind of sounds like the Contessa, to be honest, but maybe not...spies versus spies who can transform into other people o_O.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Kind of sounds like the Contessa, to be honest, but maybe not...spies versus spies who can transform into other people o_O.
Yeah, I've been periodically looking up British spy agencies in Marvel comics to see if any leaders seem on the level of Fury but have come up empty so far. Unless this is an original character...

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Okay with the reveal that The Mandalorian spin off the Book of Boba Fett is going to be on December 29th, I have a feeling that Hawkeye in either it's first week or last week is going to show two of it's episodes at once instead of one. Because I have been thinking for awhile "isn't it kind of stupid to have Hawkeye as a Christmas show but have it's last episode be shown AFTER Christmas" but now we got the reveal that Book of Boba Fett is starting the 29th and yeah, it wouldn't make any sense to have a high profile show end one week while another one is starting that same day. I know Marvel and Star Wars attract different crowds but you typically have one show's ending not be the same as another show's beginning because you want the focus of a finale or premiere to well BE the big thing to push for the service. Again maybe if the shows were smaller profile but that certainly isn't the case here. I could be wrong of course but if I'm not and we do get two episodes doubling up at some point I want it said I called that first.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

the greenman

Would anyone be interested in a Daredevil film reboot? I do not believe Feige is willing to risk it. Even though, the Affleck version made less than Ghost Rider, and I think the first Blade. Honestly, I was always a fan of Daredevil being a series though.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts