"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddy

Personally I'd be curious to see how they'd adapt Daredevil to the main tone of the MCU.

There have been more lighthearted Daredevil runs and MCU has had more serious movies, so I don't personally think the tone would be a problem. My concern with a MCU Daredevil movie would be that they haven't done a pure street-level movie yet. Homecoming comes closest, but that's also bigger than I would like Daredevil stories to be in scale.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
My concern with a MCU Daredevil movie would be that they haven't done a pure street-level movie yet. Homecoming comes closest, but that's also bigger than I would like Daredevil stories to be in scale.

I don't know if they would do a Daredevil movie though since it was mentioned doing a Daredevil project. Which I would think would translate more into a Disney+ show then a film since Disney+ show seem to be more about smaller length character focused series and honestly with Hawkeye coming it's clear that means they are fine doing street level series for characters and I think one for Daredevil would work. Obviously they couldn't go as hard as the Netflix show but I think they could do interesting things that would warrant making it especially in how it would connect with the greater MCU.

I'm not sure how likely this is though considering it does seem pretty rumorish and quite honestly we have at least... a half dozen rumors of Daredevil Netflix coming to the MCU in various projects for years. I will admit though of all of them I feel this one has the most validity if only because... why else would they have bothered giving Echo her own series ahead of her even debuting on Hawkeye's? I get Marvel has this grand plan and introduces characters and concepts in one project that they already reveal they'll expand on in others. We knew of Spider man Homecoming and Black Panther before we saw Peter and T'Challa in Civil War and yeah Kamala is joining The Marvels even before we're going to see her as Miss Marvel in her own show, but usually that's done with like well know or celebrated characters. Echo really isn't one like that so why give her a spinoff show already? However if this is used as a way to bring the netflix heroes back in some form and connect that universe with the Disney Plus and general MCU verse that would warrant making it. Again still have no idea if this is getting made but I at least buy it more then those dozens of people who kept claiming Matt Murdock was in the No Way Home trailer.

the greenman

Kathryn Hahn was a joy but is there really anything you can do with Agatha? I'm not sure we need this :confused:.

I guess it can be about her history up until WandaVision, but...I dunno.
If they're exploring the supernatural facet of the MCU, then yeah she has plenty to do.
I personally didn't feel the need for a Loki tv series, but. . .

With Harkness, she has been multilayered in the comics. Like I said with all the supernatural stuff about to come up (Blade, Ghost Rider, Werewolf by Night, Moon Knight), they're not gonna have sit on the sidelines. Besides that, in the comics she was Franklin Richards nanny. At least that was my introduction to her back in the day.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Kathryn Hahn was a joy but is there really anything you can do with Agatha? I'm not sure we need this :confused:.

I guess it can be about her history up until WandaVision, but...I dunno.
If they're exploring the supernatural facet of the MCU, then yeah she has plenty to do.
I personally didn't feel the need for a Loki tv series, but. . .

With Harkness, she has been multilayered in the comics. Like I said with all the supernatural stuff about to come up (Blade, Ghost Rider, Werewolf by Night, Moon Knight), they're not gonna have sit on the sidelines. Besides that, in the comics she was Franklin Richards nanny. At least that was my introduction to her back in the day.
Yeah, I thought prequel immediately and as greenman thinks, could be also used as a way to further develop the supernatural projects and maybe even spring board for the 1st appearance of characters that will have their own series or movies. And could show she clashed with certain characters like the Ancient One and Wong. A lot they could play with between the 1690s and 2020s.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I thought prequel immediately and as greenman thinks, could be also used as a way to further develop the supernatural projects and maybe even spring board for the 1st appearance of characters that will have their own series or movies. And could show she clashed with certain characters like the Ancient One and Wong. A lot they could play with between the 1690s and 2020s.
Maybe even feature more of the Darkhold...

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I'm fine with SOME of the series being a prequel, make it like Eternals and have one story in the past while another's in the present but if they are bringing back Agatha for a full series I would want to see what happens to her AFTER WandaVision as well. Like there are other places to take the character especially since by the point that series winds up in production we may be edging closer to the Fantastic Four and mutants plus yeah exploring more of the mystical side of the MCU would be good. I'm fine for learning more of her history and fleshing out the character's past but I think at this point we should be beyond having full stories especially involving the universe's female characters take place entirely within the past. Already did that with Captain Marvel and Black Widow (well within the past at that of where the MCU currently is/was anyway for the later) don't need an entire show of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts