DreamWorks Animation News and Discussion Thread

SweetShop209

There's a new Croods series coming to Hulu and Peacock on September 23 called Croods Family Tree. The showrunners are Mark Banker and Todd Grimes.

"The new series features the voices of Kelly Marie Tran (Raya and the Last Dragon) as Dawn, Amy Landecker (Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts) as Ugga, Kiff VandenHeuvel (This Is Us) as Grug, Ally Dixon (The Interview) as Eep, AJ Locascio (Voltron Legendary Defender) as Thunk, Dee Bradley Baker (Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts) as Sandy, Artemis Pebdani (Big City Greens) as Gran, Darin Brooks (The Bold and the Beautiful) as Guy, Matthew Waterson (Tales of Arcadia) as Phil and Amy Rosoff (Scandal, Criminal Minds) as Hope."

It looks like the only returning voice actors are Kelly Marie Tran from the second movie and AJ Locascio from the first Croods series.

Toon Guy

The new Croods series is CGI? Interesting, I would've thought they would keep the hand-drawn animation from Dawn of the Croods, especially considering that they turned the CGI down for that series because squash and stretch was "too expensive" for a television budget.

SweetShop209

My guess is that they found a CGI studio to more closely match that of the movies. Maybe it's the animation studios from either All Hail King Julien or Madagascar A Little Wild, which do look closer in animation to the movies.

SweetShop209

Here's an interview with Mark Banker and Todd Grimes about The Croods: Family Tree. One interesting detail is that Artemis Pebdami actually voiced Gran for a little bit during the New Age movie, hence the credit under "additional voices". In a way, she's technically reprising the role for this series.

SweetShop209

It's possible. Season 1 was 10 episodes while season 2 was 8 episodes. Season 3 could also be 8 episodes, bringing it to a standard 26 episodes.

SweetShop209

We have quite a bit of DreamWorks news.

1. Dragons Rescue Riders is back after a year long hiatus. The show is now called Dragons: Rescue Riders: Heroes Of The Sky, and will debut on Peacock on November 24.

2. New episodes of Madagascar A Little Wild will return on November 11, still on Hulu and Peacock. There will be a holiday special on Friday November 26.

3. New episodes of Archibald's Next Big Thing return on October 14.

4. It's not DreamWorks, but new Curious George episodes come out October 21.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!

Marty

Kutubukukartun and sinyal kartun reporter
Here's the trailer for Dragons Rescue Riders: Heroes Of The Sky.

Here's the trailer for Dragons Rescue Riders: Aired on Dreamworks Asia in 1 November weekdays at 2:00 PM

Source:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts