Cartoon Network International News Thread 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Let's HOPE the Redraw your world will be as global as it can, with no slip from previous rebrands, because not only I really like it, it looks very slick IMO, but I'm also tired of the current looks, especially when mishmashesd as on CN IT

dclover

well, this is quite unexpected but CN recently just started with the Croatian, Serbian and Slovenian audio tracks, who would thought now when linear tv is dying, but still probably it was handy and hasslefree for them because most of the dubs already existed on HBO Go (future Max) platform.

Markus Nelis

well, this is quite unexpected but CN recently just started with the Croatian, Serbian and Slovenian audio tracks, who would thought now when linear tv is dying, but still probably it was handy and hasslefree for them because most of the dubs already existed on HBO Go (future Max) platform.
These countries are small so it was unexpected. Can we get the Baltic audio tracks too?

dclover

I'm not familiar with Baltic countries and how the situation is there with the CN content, do they have HBO Go too with the local dubs?

What's interesting at end of dubbed shows, there are short credits-titles of local dubs (actors and other technical infos). Is that the same feed for Bulgaria and Russia?

Boomerang is still in English in Adria region, maybe that will be localized very soon

but now, from big networks, Disney Channel with subs on live-action shows looks pathetic

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
I know that we are only talk about CN here, but how about Boomerang? In the dub credits at the end of shows there are languages like Slovenian, so idk....

Markus Nelis

I'm not familiar with Baltic countries and how the situation is there with the CN content, do they have HBO Go too with the local dubs?
Mostly just subtitles or lectors where there can be some English heard. Maybe it won't happen after all. Makes sense they probably don't launch those audio tracks.

thetellyweb

TellyToon
Kinda annoyed with NOW.

First Three episodes in, and I was enjoying Jellystone, and those are the ONLY episodes available on-demand, since I can't watch them live. They said they're gonna look in this.
At least the show does have some repeat slots, but still. I thought this would be an optional catch-up system.

Tom and Jerry in New York and Looney Tunes Cartoons also have this issue.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Kinda annoyed with NOW.

First Three episodes in, and I was enjoying Jellystone, and those are the ONLY episodes available on-demand, since I can't watch them live. They said they're gonna look in this.
At least the show does have some repeat slots, but still. I thought this would be an optional catch-up system.

Tom and Jerry in New York and Looney Tunes Cartoons also have this issue.
I don't think NOW is the only thing to blame, it's also the contract they have with WarnerMedia, NOW/Sky can only show what they are allowed to show, and within a timeframe.

As for the Slovenian, Serbian and Croatian audiotracks, it shouldn't come with much of a surprise, especially as HBO Max is coming to CEE next year, they want to keep some consistency and crossover between the streaming service and channels considering that HBO Max will be bundled with pay-TV packages, but this is a long thing coming, it was originally proposed back in 2015.

On the topic of crossover, both Cartoon Network UK and Boomerang UK have started airing cross-promotion Next bumpers again.

Last edited:
I don't think NOW is the only thing to blame, it's also the contract they have with WarnerMedia, NOW/Sky can only show what they are allowed to show, and within a timeframe.

As for the Slovenian, Serbian and Croatian audiotracks, it shouldn't come with much of a surprise, especially as HBO Max is coming to CEE next year, they want to keep some consistency and crossover between the streaming service and channels considering that HBO Max will be bundled with pay-TV packages, but this is a long thing coming, it was originally proposed back in 2015.

On the topic of crossover, both Cartoon Network UK and Boomerang UK have started airing cross-promotion Next bumpers again.

Those cross promotion bumpers are really cool and my question is that are these are airing frequently or just for new episodes are coming?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
dclover said:

Such good news :D

It's crazy that Greece and Finland still get CN in English even though everything is dubbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts