2022 on Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, HBO Max, and Cartoonito

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
How about Discovery Family rebranding into The Warner Family Channel, During the Daytime it’s Kids’ WB and Family Friendly Primetime Shows from Warner Bros. Television air during the Night
I doubt it that would work either. I'll much rather have Kids WB on Cartoon Network rather than on a digital higher tier channel that nobody owns.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
– Broadcast licenses in IT/SM for the FTA Discovery channels will be shut down and have their licenses returned due to the Warner-Discovery merger and WB's longtime partnership with Mediaset.
TBH, I can only see only some of the Discovery FTA Italian channels closing. And said channels would be Frisbee and K2.

Streaker Prower

I doubt it that would work either. I'll much rather have Kids WB on Cartoon Network rather than on a digital higher tier channel that nobody owns.
The Warner Family Channel will be in the same tier as Freeform (The Channel that started the Family Entertainment Channel base)

J10

– Broadcast licenses in IT/SM for the FTA Discovery channels will be shut down and have their licenses returned due to the Warner-Discovery merger and WB's longtime partnership with Mediaset.
The better prediction and scenario will be:
  • Selling WarnerMedia’s Shareholder in Boing, becoming 100% part of Mediaset, and will no longer invest with Mediaset anymore, resulting in Boing airing Dreamworks, Disney, CGI and European Animated content, instead of WB/Cartoon Network content.
  • Merge Cartoonito with Frisbee, moving Cartoonito to Discovery MUX, instead of Mediaset MUX, and promote Tivú Sat, after mentioning only DTT Channel No. 46.

Last edited:

Streaker Prower

If you mean Discovery Family, that's owned by Discovery, hence the name. Warner Bros will likely co-own the channel once the merger is finalized next year. Hasbro only owns about 40 percent of DF, but they'll likely exit once it's contract with Discovery expires.
And Warner will probably replace the factual programing with Family-Oriented Primetime Shows from Warner Bros. Television “Like Full House and Family Game Fight!”, and renamed the Channel to The Warner Family Channel

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
And Warner will probably replace the factual programing with Family-Oriented Primetime Shows from Warner Bros. Television “Like Full House and Family Game Fight!”, and renamed the Channel to The Warner Family Channel
I don't know about that. I don't see Warner launching a second family channel when in their minds they already have one. Given Tom Ascheim's current plans for Cartoon Network, it seems to me that if Warner wanted a place to air family oriented programming in prime time, they would just air it on CN like they do with ACME Night. (E.g.: the upcoming Family Mash-Up.)

Also, Discovery Family doesn't air "factual programming" (I'm assuming by this you mean educational/informational shows); all of DF's non-Hasbro, non-kiddie content are just random shows plucked from other Discovery networks. Informational/edutainment programming would actually be an improvement for DF, since at least then their programming would be serving a purpose.

Last edited:

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
The better prediction and scenario will be:
  • Selling WarnerMedia’s Shareholder in Boing, becoming 100% part of Mediaset, and will no longer invest with Mediaset anymore, resulting in Boing airing Dreamworks, Disney, CGI and European Animated content, instead of WB/Cartoon Network content.
  • Merge Cartoonito with Frisbee, moving Cartoonito to Discovery MUX, instead of Mediaset MUX, and promote Tivú Sat, after mentioning only DTT Channel No. 46.
There's no Discovery Mux. What you're thinking are the Persidera ones, where Discovery has its channels (minus Food Network, for now).
And, in my honest opinion, WM leaving Boing behind will never happen.

J10

There's no Discovery Mux. What you're thinking are the Persidera ones, where Discovery has its channels (minus Food Network, for now).
And, in my honest opinion, WM leaving Boing behind will never happen.
I’m sorry, but I was just describing the frequency, where most of the channels are existed (excluding Food Network). Thanks for the info.

BTW, few days ago, 5 Italian Discovery Channels (broadcasted terrestrially and Tivú Sat) are being tested on 11258 H, used before by Eurosport Polska for the Tokyo Olympics, on Hotbird. I guess it’ll leave, but if it’s a permanent frequency, they may air Cartoonito in it; replacing Frisbee, and move from their old frequency, on 11430 V.

Also, for Boing, why not they merge it with K2 after selling it to Discovery, becoming 100% fully owned by them, and have variety in one channel? That’s if Boing will not fully be sold to Mediaset, nor being gotten rid by Warner Bros. Discovery after merger.

If Boing where to be sold to Mediaset, with all of its shareholder, the Frisbee brand or even K2 would be used for French & African Boing Channels instead. Let’s hope they won’t go behind and end the Boing brand.

Last edited:

Johntoonfan05

I don't know about that. I don't see Warner launching a second family channel when in their minds they already have one. Given Tom Ascheim's current plans for Cartoon Network, it seems to me that if Warner wanted a place to air family oriented programming in prime time, they would just air it on CN like they do with ACME Night. (E.g.: the upcoming Family Mash-Up.)

Also, Discovery Family doesn't air "factual programming" (I'm assuming by this you mean educational/informational shows); all of DF's non-Hasbro, non-kiddie content are just random shows plucked from other Discovery networks. Informational/edutainment programming would actually be an improvement for DF, since at least then their programming would be serving a purpose.
Yeah besides the only way to watch Full House is on HBO Max

flashfunk03

7979F375-D8C8-484F-A7DE-69DEF54F3783.jpeg
Well men, looks like the network and the brand is gonna get a rebrand in 2022 with the new logo.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts