"Tiny Toons Looniversity" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Apparently, the voice director of the show follows Cree Summer on Twitter and didn’t even mind to hit her up to join the main cast for the role of Mary Melody. Pure scum.
What voice director are you talking about? There are a good number of voice directors on Twitter.

flashfunk03

What about my question? I don’t know if I was clear (just realized how my post could read differently), but I meant how do you know she didn’t reach out to her about Mary Melody.
None of the original cast is returning apart from Jeff Bergman, Candi Milo, Bob Bergen (since he’s the official voice actor for Porky Pig and Tweety) and Jim Cummings (since he’s the official voice actor for Taz alongside Fred Tatasciore). This was literally confirmed by Maurice LaMarche earlier this year. He said none of them were approached to reprise their roles in the reboot and this also includes Cree as Mary Melody.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
None of the original cast is returning apart from Jeff Bergman, Candi Milo, Bob Bergen (since he’s the official voice actor for Porky Pig and Tweety) and Jim Cummings (since he’s the official voice actor for Taz alongside Fred Tatasciore). This was literally confirmed by Maurice LaMarche earlier this year. He said none of them were approached to reprise their roles in the reboot and this also includes Cree as Mary Melody.
Not even Tress MacNeille as Babs Bunny? WB is seriously going to try to pull this show off without Tress? I can't imagine someone other than Tress Macneille voicing Babs. It's like imagining someone other than Rob Paulsen voicing Yakko Warner.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Okay, that’s what I thought you were referring to. That happened back in January, only a few months after the reboot was announced and possibly before they needed any VAs. They could have been asked since then.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
If this turns out to be true then that's very disappointing. Say what you will about Animaniacs 2020 but that at least got the original actors for the returning characters, this show not only doesn't have Tom Ruegger and the original staff but the original actors too. Animaniacs 2020 was able to win me over by season 2 so hopefully the new team behind this will capture the spirt of Tiny Toons well…

Luffyfan38

Scooby Franshise does that same thing with VAs ask the original VA for Velma or the cast for Scoob film. I am sad that Babs Bunny VA won't be back, why get the original for the Animaniacts but not this series?

I also am not liking what they are doing with Plucky in this series, that sounds more like Hamton type of thing.

Does any one know who will be voicing Lola yet?

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Has it been confirmed that Lola's going to be in this show? I haven't heard anything about that.

Luffyfan38 said:
I also am not liking what they are doing with Plucky in this series, that sounds more like Hamton type of thing.

What are they doing with Plucky in this series? Again, I haven't heard any updates on this show in a while. I was kind of hoping the producers would make Plucky more reminiscent of 40's Daffy Duck as opposed to the original series where he was purely based on the 50's version.

flashfunk03

Scooby Franshise does that same thing with VAs ask the original VA for Velma or the cast for Scoob film. I am sad that Babs Bunny VA won't be back, why get the original for the Animaniacts but not this series?

Hopefully Kath Soucie. If not, probably the showrunner Erin Gibson or Tara Strong. For Plucky, it might be Eric Bauza cause he's been teasing a few things for the reboot like posts Tiny Toon Adventures pictures like recently he posted art for Plucky and Furrball so I think he might be voicing the latter as well. Only time will tell. For others in the running, Jeff Bennett (voiced Daffy in the past), Jeff Bergman (one of the current voices for Daffy alongside Eric), Dee Bradley Baker, and Jason Marsden. As for Hamton, my top choices are Billy West, Eric Bauza (since he did the voice of Daffy and Porky in Space Jam 2) so he's in the running for the role, Tom Kenny because he did some Don Messick characters in the past like Boo-Boo, Ricochet Rabbit, Scrappy-Doo, etc and Bob Bergen (the current voice actor for Porky Pig). Carlos Alazraqui, Jeff Bennett or Dee Bradley Baker would be good for the role of Hamton as well. If not, they could get younger voice actors like Ben Diskin or Max Mittleman. I think they'd also do well in the role as well. Also, the fact that they haven't even announced who's voicing the toons as of now baffles my mind mainly because it's been a year since they have the reboot and we barely got any news from Warner Bros Animation aside from them announcing the open applications for character designers.

Luffyfan38

Has it been confirmed that Lola's going to be in this show? I haven't heard anything about that.

What are they doing with Plucky in this series? Again, I haven't heard any updates on this show in a while. I was kind of hoping the producers would make Plucky more reminiscent of 40's Daffy Duck as opposed to the original series where he was purely based on the 50's version.
I've been checking up to date on what's going on in the official wiki page

- Plucky is going to wearing glasses and be more of a study kind of guy. Not at all how I pictured his character in the future.

- Hamton is trying to be a comedian

- Bugs will be a Dumbledore from Harry Potter like character.

- Some of the characters Bugs VA played will be in it.

I read on the WB wiki page that said Lola would be in it and be Babs mentor.

Luffyfan38

Hopefully Kath Soucie. If not, probably the showrunner Erin Gibson or Tara Strong. For Plucky, it might be Eric Bauza cause he's been teasing a few things for the reboot like posts Tiny Toon Adventures pictures like recently he posted art for Plucky and Furrball so I think he might be voicing the latter as well. Only time will tell. For others in the running, Jeff Bennett (voiced Daffy in the past), Jeff Bergman (one of the current voices for Daffy alongside Eric), Dee Bradley Baker, and Jason Marsden. As for Hamton, my top choices are Billy West, Eric Bauza (since he did the voice of Daffy and Porky in Space Jam 2) so he's in the running for the role, Tom Kenny because he did some Don Messick characters in the past like Boo-Boo, Ricochet Rabbit, Scrappy-Doo, etc and Bob Bergen (the current voice actor for Porky Pig). Carlos Alazraqui, Jeff Bennett or Dee Bradley Baker would be good for the role of Hamton as well. If not, they could get younger voice actors like Ben Diskin or Max Mittleman. I think they'd also do well in the role as well. Also, the fact that they haven't even announced who's voicing the toons as of now baffles my mind mainly because it's been a year since they have the reboot and we barely got any news from Warner Bros Animation aside from them announcing the open applications for character designers.
Honestly I'd love it if Tara Strong played her, she's one of my favorite VA. If not her VA from The Looney Tunes show. I know Bugs original of this day and age will be coming back, he did in an interview on this series.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy

- Plucky is going to wearing glasses and be more of a study kind of guy. Not at all how I pictured his character in the future.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but Tiny Toons Looniversity is going to be a reboot rather than a sequel series, so it's possible that the producers are just trying to have a fresh new take on the characters*. Lola being Babs' mentor makes sense and how this particular series chooses to portray Lola as a character could be interesting to see (I really hope that the producers make Lola funny in this. Also, put Lola on Looney Tunes Cartoons, already, WB!), especially since we never got to see Lola on the original Tiny Toon Adventures.

*Correction: According to the Looney Tunes Wiki, Looniversity is meant to be a sequel to the original series. My mistake.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Is there any actual citations on that page? Anyone can put anything on there.

flashfunk03

Buster Bunny Looniversity designs 2.png
Sweetie Pie Looniversity designs 2.png
Plucky Duck Looniversity designs 2.png
Hamton Looniversity storyboard 2.png

Is there any actual citations on that page? Anyone can put anything on there.
See for yourself, pal.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
@flashfunk03: I'm not saying you're wring, but unless there are some captions or company bios accompanying those drawings, it might be a good idea not to take them out of context. Just because Plucky is wearing glasses and a sweater in one drawing, that doesn't necessarily mean that's his default character type on the show. It looks like he could just be imitating someone. That could be an allusion to Steve Jobs or something similar.

Last edited:

flashfunk03

I’m not even sure what wiki you’re referring to. I found three different pages (including the WB wiki, which has no info at all) and none of them had all the info you mentioned.
This art is from Genevieve Tsai, one of the official character designers from the show.
@flashfunk03: I'm not saying you're wring, but unless there are some captions or company bios accompanying those drawings, it might be a good idea not to take them out of context. Just because Plucky is wearing glasses and a sweater in one drawing, that doesn't necessarily mean that's his default character type on the show. It looks like he could just be imitating someone. That could be an allusion to Steve Jobs or something similar.
Possibly. I’m kinda interested to see what the show is going for though. I think the only character change out of all that I can see happening is Sweetie. For Hamton, I think he’ll still portray that straight man role and since you said that Plucky could be intimidating Steve Jobs, you could be right

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts