Cartoon Network International News Thread 11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moleoman

"Cubix" credits with ECP for "Sheep in the Big City" and "The Cramp Twins" (from what I remember this came from the first batch of Casillas ECPs in October 2020 where only one clip was used for each show) from CN CEE:

Toonami next bumper for "X-Men: Evolution" from 2003 (also from CN CEE) with a clip of "Samurai Jack" (still in English on Romanian track at the time, without subtitles):

And here's another up next bumper the same feed (ca. 2003) for new episodes of "Dexter's Laboratory" (oddly using footage from a cel-painted episode) followed by "Ozzy and Drix":

J10

Munich.

The licence is in Czechia, not the playout
I was saying everything in details, regarding the license and the playout, since the channels are outside the UK.

But according to this quote, CN Poland is broadcasting from HBO Europe Offices in Czechia. That’s why I said everything is in Czechia and Munich. He was asking about the playout.
Yes, It was managed from Munich, Germany, but it never actually broadcast from there. From launch until December 2020, CN Poland broadcast from London, now it's from HBO Europe's offices in Prague, Czechia. CN Germany does broadcast from Munich though.

Francisque

The channels are as German as it gets, they're played out from Munich.

Don't believe Mavise, either that or they licence them under the Czech subgroup for licencing and "loopholing".

But there's no doubt about it, just look at the graphics of CEE, Poland and so on, these channels are "German"

Reactions: J10

J10

The channels are as German as it gets, they're played out from Munich.

Don't believe Mavise, either that or they licence them under the Czech subgroup for licencing and "loopholing".

But there's no doubt about it, just look at the graphics of CEE, Poland and so on, these channels are "German"
I know they’re managed by the Germans in everything. I thought he didn’t use Mavise in his quote. BTW, I didn’t use Mavise at all, and I was showing what the quote said.

Last edited:

Francisque

I think what was meant was that Munich team prepares all the content and Prague team plays it out :)
But is there a Prague team?

So far I haven't seen evidence showing this, especially since this is a partly newer market for Warner.

But I think there's some confusion when people say "the channel broadcasts from ..." . Just because a channel has a licence in a certain country, it doesn't mean they'll have to base something in that country, that's what I meant :D

They probably have an office there to justify their licencing , but probably that's about it

Reactions: J10

NikitaProkin

CN PL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220118-085037_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220118-085037_Chrome.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 67

J10

Finally, a better rebrand for the Turkish than the current one, and they'll do it after the British one rebrand in 7 days. I'm waiting for the Arabic one to rebrand (which might be impossible to happen), as they wanted to either be followed with the British, or do it in about 2-3 months later by April. I was wishing if the Turkish and Arabic Cartoonito rebrand together in October or November of last year, and not waiting for the British Cartoonito.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts