"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Here's the logline: "The series follows Steven Grant, a mild-mannered gift-shop employee, who becomes plagued with blackouts and memories of another life," the synopsis reads. "Steven discovers he has dissociative identity disorder and shares a body with mercenary Marc Spector. As Steven/Marc's enemies converge upon them, they must navigate their complex identities while thrust into a deadly mystery among the powerful gods of Egypt."

Guess it's still up in the air if Jake is showing up.

Arthur Harrow. Hmm, wonder if this MCU version is going to be ex-HYDRA or merged with another character. On paper, doesn't seem like much a threat but here he's basically a cult leader in the trailer. Feels like he's an amalgam of Arthur Harrow and Sun King.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Here's the logline: "The series follows Steven Grant, a mild-mannered gift-shop employee, who becomes plagued with blackouts and memories of another life," the synopsis reads. "Steven discovers he has dissociative identity disorder and shares a body with mercenary Marc Spector. As Steven/Marc's enemies converge upon them, they must navigate their complex identities while thrust into a deadly mystery among the powerful gods of Egypt."

Guess it's still up in the air if Jake is showing up.

Arthur Harrow. Hmm, wonder if this MCU version is going to be ex-HYDRA or merged with another character. On paper, doesn't seem like much a threat but here he's basically a cult leader in the trailer. Feels like he's an amalgam of Arthur Harrow and Sun King.
Guess they'll save a third personality for season 2 :p.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Part of me think this was done due to Marvel seeing how well people responded to that "Korg and Deadpool react to the Free Guy trailer" that Ryan Reynolds did and wanted to do their own thing but... screw it this is such a good idea that honestly I feel most companies should do it. Like we got this with No Way Home but I get not being able to do this with every movie but i feel with every show they should like get the main stars to come together and do a reaction to the trailer and help drum up even more interest as it's amusing stuff worth recapturing as it were.

Frontier

Staff member
Pretty cool trailer; raises the intrigue without giving too much away. When they release the inevitable second trailer, hopefully they resist the urge to give away too many money shots.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're saving a more "official" Moon Knight costume for the final episode (like they've done for a lot of Disney+ shows).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, we now know this and What if. . . S2 allegedly got pushed back. No exact reasoning.
Eh, it was inevitable once we saw Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk getting shuffled around and them revising their time table for Phase 4 movies and series. They can't jam too many series into one year. I'm sure we may see other series get pushed to 2023 like Ironheart and Armor Wars. Echo might be kept in 2022 and end up being the last series to premiere this year since it should be VFX lite compared to Secret Invasion, Ironheart, and Armor Wars.

the greenman

Eh, it was inevitable once we saw Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk getting shuffled around and them revising their time table for Phase 4 movies and series. They can't jam too many series into one year. I'm sure we may see other series get pushed to 2023 like Ironheart and Armor Wars. Echo might be kept in 2022 and end up being the last series to premiere this year since it should be VFX lite compared to Secret Invasion, Ironheart, and Armor Wars.
That's correct. Added to the fact they also coordinate with the Lucasfilm stuff, not to cram too much content at once.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Also would be a nice symbolic echo (heh) to Hawkeye being the last show of 2021 :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts