Cartoon Network's (Upcoming) 30th Anniversary

AnimatedFan01

This October will mark the 30th anniversary of Cartoon Network since its debut on television in 1992. Hard to believe it's been that long ago.

What are you predictions/hopes for what they'll do?

What I hope they'll do: A week-long marathon dedicated to all their original shows (including imports to which they still own the rights) with their first episodes shown on the first day of the marathon week. Since they reran the Christmas specials to Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, Foster's, Codename: Kids Next Door, Chowder, and Courage the Cowardly Dog, it isn't completely off-limits to assume it could happen again. Furthermore, Chowder aired again just yesterday! I also hope we'll get to see some of their lesser-known and short-lived originals during this week-long anniversary marathon, including Mike, Lu & Og, Sheep in the Big City, Star Wars Clone Wars (not to be confused with the 2008 series), What Ever Happened to... Robot Jones?, Megas XLR, Juniper Lee, Squirrel Boy, Transformers Animated, The Secret Saturdays, and Robotomy. Even the harshly received ones like The Problem Solverz and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome would be vital to show since they're still part of CN's history and can't be completely ignored just because of bad reception. And yes, even the live-action shows (albeit only the first episode and have them airing in chronological order with the release date of CN's cartoon shows rather than all at once).

They aired their older programs for a week during their 20th anniversary in 2012, so I don't see why they can't do it again. The only shows they wouldn't feasibly be able to show again would be Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi and Class of 3000, both of which I'm pretty sure had to do with licensing issues since they involved real musical artists in animated form. I'm not sure if they've lost the rerun privileges to any of their other originals.

What they'll probably do: Air a month-long marathon of Teen Titans Go!. Yep, we all saw that coming. Let the jokes and endless moaning begin.

Markus Nelis

Some bumpers and classics. Expect I don't think they'll air them all day long, just a few hours. Especially if or when it's a month long event couple classics a day should be enough.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
-Air some classic shows throughout October

-30th anniversary celebration bumpers and promos

-a classic checkerboard logo for the 30th anniversary

-make a evolution type of music video (go from HB and WB characters, Cartoon Cartoons, CN Originals, to now. Though it would be funny if Nito and the gang from Cartoonito join along on the 30th anniversary video)

This October will mark the 30th anniversary of Cartoon Network since its debut on television in 1992. Hard to believe it's been that long ago.

What are you predictions/hopes for what they'll do?

What I hope they'll do: A week-long marathon dedicated to all their original shows (including imports to which they still own the rights) with their first episodes shown on the first day of the marathon week. Since they reran the Christmas specials to Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, Foster's, Codename: Kids Next Door, Chowder, and Courage the Cowardly Dog, it isn't completely off-limits to assume it could happen again. Furthermore, Chowder aired again just yesterday! I also hope we'll get to see some of their lesser-known and short-lived originals during this week-long anniversary marathon, including Mike, Lu & Og, Sheep in the Big City, Star Wars Clone Wars (not to be confused with the 2008 series), What Ever Happened to... Robot Jones?, Megas XLR, Juniper Lee, Squirrel Boy, Transformers Animated, The Secret Saturdays, and Robotomy. Even the harshly received ones like The Problem Solverz and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome would be vital to show since they're still part of CN's history and can't be completely ignored just because of bad reception. And yes, even the live-action shows (albeit only the first episode and have them airing in chronological order with the release date of CN's cartoon shows rather than all at once).

They aired their older programs for a week during their 20th anniversary in 2012, so I don't see why they can't do it again. The only shows they wouldn't feasibly be able to show again would be Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi and Class of 3000, both of which I'm pretty sure had to do with licensing issues since they involved real musical artists in animated form. I'm not sure if they've lost the rerun privileges to any of their other originals.

What they'll probably do: Air a month-long marathon of Teen Titans Go!. Yep, we all saw that coming. Let the jokes and endless moaning begin.
I honestly am hyped for the 30th anniversary. Unlike their 20th, I will actually be around the TV this time to celebrate and jump on the bed for it lol. It would be such a treat if they aired Class of 3000 and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi again or if they can pay tribute to it like their 20th anniversary did with that huge poster. Did it really take them 20 years to draw that poster, as it claims??

jokerbeans2091

I really hope CN actually does something for their 30th anniversary tho. We don’t want a repeat of their 25th anniversary where all they aired was teen titans go. They should do something big just like for their 20th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Streaker Prower

-make a evolution type of music video (go from HB and WB characters, Cartoon Cartoons, CN Originals, to now. Though it would be funny if Nito and the gang from Cartoonito join along on the 30th anniversary video)
They may include Tom from Toonami since it’s the same year as Toonami’s 25th Anniversary

SweetShop209

The channel's 30th anniversary will fall on a Saturday. I could probably see something like an all day marathon of episodes from various Cartoon Network shows. Maybe throw in some bumpers that have some of the characters interact.

Streaker Prower

The channel's 30th anniversary will fall on a Saturday. I could probably see something like an all day marathon of episodes from various Cartoon Network shows. Maybe throw in some bumpers that have some of the characters interact.
And maybe have the Toonami lineup to do the same thing it did during its relaunch on April 1st 2012

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts