"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

SpaceCowboy

It's still funny to me that Sentai licensed a Rumiko Takahashi series(RIN-NE) and yet the show doesn't have an English dub yet. I would think that show might have a chance to air on Toonami if there was a dub.
Probably because Viz didn't license it. I suspect Inuyasha got an extra push from Viz, because they are co-owned by the publishing company that handles Takahashi's manga in Japan. They often go all out compared to the few times other companies have gotten her anime in the US, because they control the manga releases and I think the merchandise as well.

Last edited:

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Probably because Viz didn't license it. I suspect Inuyasha got an extra push from Viz, because they are co-owned by the publishing company that handles Takahashi's manga in Japan. They often go all out compared to the few times other companies have gotten her anime in the US, because they control the manga releases and I think the merchandise as well.

A more likely reason it didn't get dubbed is because Sentai tends to leave things undubbed if they don't think they can make enough money off of it. That's one problem Toonami will have looking through the Sentai catalog. A lot of it's undubbed and a lot of it is unairable on Toonami without massive censorship (they have tons of booby shows). They have a few action titles like Ushio and Tora and Angel Beats, but action titles make up a very small percentage of their catalog. Toonami might be forced to air slice of life stuff like Watamote and sports anime like Haikyu in the future. In a way, American Toonami might look like its Latin American counterpart in the future in that version airs sports and slice of life stuff that American Toonami used to never touch. Anyway, a Toonami without access to Funiroll content would be wild. Whether that would be the best or worst thing to happen to Toonami would be up for interpretation. Anyway, what is everyone rooting for, Toonami being able to access Funiroll content and us getting the big shonen like SpyXFamily, or Funiroll blocking their content from airing Toonami so we can get weird Sentai stuff that wouldn't normally air? I guess I'm rooting for the former, as I think Toonami would be healthier with access to SpyXFamily and My Hero Academia season 6, but I can see why the latter option of them being forced to work outside their shonen comfort zone would be appealing to some people. Anyway, here's a look at Latin American Toonami airing Eizouken and what would y'all think of a Toonami with slice of life and sports titles which seems only possible if Funiroll blocks all their shonen stuff from airing?

Conttactt

A more likely reason it didn't get dubbed is because Sentai tends to leave things undubbed if they don't think they can make enough money off of it. That's one problem Toonami will have looking through the Sentai catalog. A lot of it's undubbed and a lot of it is unairable on Toonami without massive censorship (they have tons of booby shows). They have a few action titles like Ushio and Tora and Angel Beats, but action titles make up a very small percentage of their catalog. Toonami might be forced to air slice of life stuff like Watamote and sports anime like Haikyu in the future. In a way, American Toonami might look like its Latin American counterpart in the future in that version airs sports and slice of life stuff that American Toonami used to never touch. Anyway, a Toonami without access to Funiroll content would be wild. Whether that would be the best or worst thing to happen to Toonami would be up for interpretation. Anyway, what is everyone rooting for, Toonami being able to access Funiroll content and us getting the big shonen like SpyXFamily, or Funiroll blocking their content from airing Toonami so we can get weird Sentai stuff that wouldn't normally air? I guess I'm rooting for the former, as I think Toonami would be healthier with access to SpyXFamily and My Hero Academia season 6, but I can see why the latter option of them being forced to work outside their shonen comfort zone would be appealing to some people. Anyway, here's a look at Latin American Toonami airing Eizouken and what would y'all think of a Toonami with slice of life and sports titles which seems only possible if Funiroll blocks all their shonen stuff from airing?

[
We are long past the point of worrying about “healthy” when it comes to Toonami. Rather than making futile attempts to chase fads (in this day and age, they are already established elsewhere anyway), Toonami needs to go back to its roots of giving under appreciated shows some time to shine. Considering the ratings are already rock bottom as is, now is the best time to do it anyway.
Take AoT for example, easily the biggest title Toonami has right now, and it’s a dub premier to boot. And it’s doing absolutely abysmally. The people following that series aren’t doing so on Toonami, they either watch the sub or they catch the dub in the morning. Latching on to hot content isn’t a magical fix for viewership, and as we have seen many times in the past, has actually had the opposite effect.

IMO you are greatly underselling the Sentai catalog. As the schedule is now, Toonami only has 4 rotating slots. Lupin will plug one up till the end of the year, so we only have 3 slots to juggle. And let’s not forget the impending addition of Housing Complex C and Uzumaki later in the year. Toonami doesn’t have a lot of space to fill this year. While the Sentai catalog is not a long term solution, it can still provide an assortment of content for a few years without leaving the action theme. They aren’t AAA titles, but that’s a good thing. This block needs some unknown factors on it to draw some eyes back that were pushed away by the years of entry level shonen junk we were stuck with.

And one final thing, we may be getting ahead of ourselves here. Toonami getting Lupin does not necessarily mean we have access to the entire Sentai catalog, as Toonami deals directly with TMS for the show, similar to how they sidestepped Funimation to get One Piece. What is announced to replace Shenmue and AoT in the next few weeks will give us a better picture of what Toonami has access to still.

Just for fun, I took a cruise through the Hidive catalog and compiled this list following a few rules.
1. Dubbed
2. No more than 10 years old (old shows always bomb hard on Toonami)
3. Has at minimum a moderate action element
4. Does not have excessive boobs to scare S&P

AoharuXMachine gun
Armed Girls Machivelinism
Assassains Pride
Battle Girls Time Paradox
Brynhildr in the Darkness
BTOOOM!
Chaika - The Coffin Princess
Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Demon King Daimao
Dorei-ku
Dream Eater Mary
Flip Flappers
Gatchaman Crowds/Insight
Gate
Grimoire of Zero
High School of the Dead
Infinite Stratos
Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?
Kampfer
No Game No Life
Outbreak Company
Princess Principal
Problem Children are coming from another world, aren’t they?
Release the Spyce
School Live!
Trinity Seven
When Supernatural Battles become Commonplace
Yuki Yuna is a Hero

Now, before someone says “why did you not list X?”, the simple answer is I probably have never seen it. Everything I listed here I have seen to completion. I won’t speak on shows I’m not familiar with.

That aside, this is a LOT of content. This list alone could fill Toonami’s 4 rotating slots for years. Is it all premium AAA content? No. But it’s all engaging enough, none of it is excessively long (almost all is 26 episodes max, at least half are only 12-13), and it would all be fresh blood to the block to get people talking. Given the choice between something on this list at random or more One Piece or DB reruns, I think most people are gonna roll the dice on the list

Last edited by a moderator:

RunoMisaki573

Just for fun, I took a cruise through the Hidive catalog and compiled this list following a few rules.
1. Dubbed
2. No more than 10 years old (old shows always bomb hard on Toonami)
3. Has at minimum a moderate action element
4. Does not have excessive boobs to scare S&P

AoharuXMachine gun
Armed Girls Machivelinism
Assassains Pride
Battle Girls Time Paradox
Brynhildr in the Darkness
BTOOOM!
Chaika - The Coffin Princess
Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Demon King Daimao
Dorei-ku
Dream Eater Mary
Flip Flappers
Gatchaman Crowds/Insight
Gate
Grimoire of Zero
High School of the Dead
Infinite Stratos
Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?
Kampfer
No Game No Life
Outbreak Company
Princess Principal
Problem Children are coming from another world, aren’t they?
Release the Spyce
School Live!
Trinity Seven
When Supernatural Battles become Commonplace
Yuki Yuna is a Hero

Now, before someone says “why did you not list X?”, the simple answer is I probably have never seen it. Everything I listed here I have seen to completion. I won’t speak on shows I’m not familiar with.

That aside, this is a LOT of content. This list alone could fill Toonami’s 4 rotating slots for years. Is it all premium AAA content? No. But it’s all engaging enough, none of it is excessively long (almost all is 26 episodes max, at least half are only 12-13), and it would all be fresh blood to the block to get people talking. Given the choice between something on this list at random or more One Piece or DB reruns, I think most people are gonna roll the dice on the list

I thought Toonami can only air anime from 1998 or newer, as Outlaw Star seems to be the oldest anime Toonami can air at the moment. I think it would be more harsh if 2012 is the earliest year they can pick anime from. Even Tiger & Bunny would be even harder to air (assuming they air the 2011 series only) due to the more strict programming selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conttactt

I thought Toonami can only air anime from 1998 or newer, as Outlaw Star seems to be the oldest anime Toonami can air at the moment. I think it would be more harsh if 2012 is the earliest year they can pick anime from. Even Tiger & Bunny would be even harder to air (assuming they air the 2011 series only) due to the more strict programming selection.

I don’t believe there is any actual hard rules on age, and more an expectation that a show has an HD remaster before it’s considered. I just set myself a fair timeline for simplicity sake. I don’t think there would be anything wrong with a 2011 show. Looking back I even made a few errors, Demon King Daimao and Kampfer are pre 2012, though strangely Kampfer was only recently dubbed.

Anyway, the main point with age is we don’t want shows that look old. If a show is from the late 00s and still looks good, then that’s fair game. I’d say around 2007 is a hard cut off for when there’s nothing that doesn’t look dated.

Conttactt

I wonder if Toonami could license anime from Retrocrush and Discotek?
Even if they could, what do either have to offer? I took a quick skim of both catalogs and didn’t see anything aside from a couple relics from a different time that wouldn’t click with the audience.

If we are claiming the Sentai catalog is too niche, then those two are way off the radar

RunoMisaki573

Even if they could, what do either have to offer? I took a quick skim of both catalogs and didn’t see anything aside from a couple relics from a different time that wouldn’t click with the audience.

If we are claiming the Sentai catalog is too niche, then those two are way off the radar

I just finished Key the Metal Idol a week ago, and it was good. Strangely, it didn't get a high quality remaster.

Speaking of Retro Crush, nudity will have to be blurred if Toonami were to get their hands on Key (which I doubt they'll pick up due to being released earlier than Outlaw Star). Times have changed, and likely KQEH/KQED Plus (the PBS station that used to air Key the Metal Idol) got away with airing most of their anime uncut.

SpaceCowboy

A more likely reason it didn't get dubbed is because Sentai tends to leave things undubbed if they don't think they can make enough money off of it.
Sounds like they don't know how to market it. Viz has been making money off Takahashi titles for decades.

Last edited:

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Sounds like they don't know how to market it. Viz has been making money off Takahashi titles for decades.

Yeah, I mean I know Sentai had their reasons for not dubbing it but the fact that RIN-NE was the first Takahashi title after she finished Inuyasha would be a good hook to market it.

SpaceCowboy

Yeah, I mean I know Sentai had their reasons for not dubbing it but the fact that RIN-NE was the first Takahashi title after she finished Inuyasha would be a good hook to market it.
Whenever anime adaptations of her manga have been released by other companies, they've usually been given limited releases (except Urusei Yatsura aka "Lum the Invader Girl").
Back in the '90s, Viz was able to get Ranma advertised in practically every comic shop that sold anime and manga but other companies' releases of her anime would get like a blurb (unless they were in Animerica, a magazine Viz owned). Urusei Yatsura was the exception, but probably only due to the head of AnimEigo being a fan of the anime. The manga of that initially bombed in the US.
I'm under the impression the anime adaptations are usually only profitable if the same company is also handling the manga and merchandise as well.

I just finished Key the Metal Idol a week ago, and it was good. Strangely, it didn't get a high quality remaster.
A lot of old shows from Japan don't have HD masters.
Speaking of Retro Crush, nudity will have to be blurred if Toonami were to get their hands on Key (which I doubt they'll pick up due to being released earlier than Outlaw Star). Times have changed, and likely KQEH/KQED Plus (the PBS station that used to air Key the Metal Idol) got away with airing most of their anime uncut.
I don't see the point of airing old anime on Toonami if it's available uncut for free elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
We are long past the point of worrying about “healthy” when it comes to Toonami. Rather than making futile attempts to chase fads (in this day and age, they are already established elsewhere anyway), Toonami needs to go back to its roots of giving under appreciated shows some time to shine. Considering the ratings are already rock bottom as is, now is the best time to do it anyway.
Take AoT for example, easily the biggest title Toonami has right now, and it’s a dub premier to boot. And it’s doing absolutely abysmally. The people following that series aren’t doing so on Toonami, they either watch the sub or they catch the dub in the morning. Latching on to hot content isn’t a magical fix for viewership, and as we have seen many times in the past, has actually had the opposite effect.

I don't think Toonami would keep tapping into the AAA shonen well, as they did in the late 2010s, if it weren't profitable to do so. Demarco seemed really bummed that he couldn't air JoJo or Demon Slayer season 2. In the late 2010s, it seemed like it was incredibly rare for Toonami to air a non shonen and it seemed like Demarco was ignoring all those requests for diversity in favor of shonen. I really have my doubts that Toonami would be in a better place if they were unable to air AAA shonen. My Hero Academia seasons 4 and 5 have done really well as block leaders and demoting it in favor of having a lesser known property like Fena was one of the most baffling moves they did (Fena sucking so much being part of the problem). I don't think a block led by Tiger in Bunny instead of My Hero Academia season 6 would do as well. Attack on Titan has been doing pretty badly, but it's getting spanked by Assassination Classroom, which is also a AAA shonen. I know that Demarco wants his block filled with AAA shonen and is probably begging Funiroll for a good deal on SpyXFamily, but a significant portion of the Toonami fanbase find the idea of non shonen having a chance of airing exciting. I know that Made in Abyss was something that really excited me and I know that it never would have aired if Demon Slayer and Jojo weren't blocked. In those early Nu Toonami years, they could air more experimental stuff, but they still relied on Bleach as the anchor. Anyway, it's obvious that Toonami's relied so much on using AAA shonen as a crutch and I guess if all Funiroll content is blocked, they'll have to learn to live without that crutch.

This just in: unlike Lupin parts 4 and 5, part 6 will not be a Toonami exclusive dub. It will also stream on Hidive the Monday after the Toonami broadcast. Third party exclusive content is a thing of the past now. HIDIVE Streams Lupin III Part 6 Anime's English Dub

Conttactt

I don't think Toonami would keep tapping into the AAA shonen well, as they did in the late 2010s, if it weren't profitable to do so. Demarco seemed really bummed that he couldn't air JoJo or Demon Slayer season 2. In the late 2010s, it seemed like it was incredibly rare for Toonami to air a non shonen and it seemed like Demarco was ignoring all those requests for diversity in favor of shonen. I really have my doubts that Toonami would be in a better place if they were unable to air AAA shonen. My Hero Academia seasons 4 and 5 have done really well as block leaders and demoting it in favor of having a lesser known property like Fena was one of the most baffling moves they did (Fena sucking so much being part of the problem). I don't think a block led by Tiger in Bunny instead of My Hero Academia season 6 would do as well. Attack on Titan has been doing pretty badly, but it's getting spanked by Assassination Classroom, which is also a AAA shonen. I know that Demarco wants his block filled with AAA shonen and is probably begging Funiroll for a good deal on SpyXFamily, but a significant portion of the Toonami fanbase find the idea of non shonen having a chance of airing exciting. I know that Made in Abyss was something that really excited me and I know that it never would have aired if Demon Slayer and Jojo weren't blocked. In those early Nu Toonami years, they could air more experimental stuff, but they still relied on Bleach as the anchor. Anyway, it's obvious that Toonami's relied so much on using AAA shonen as a crutch and I guess if all Funiroll content is blocked, they'll have to learn to live without that crutch.

This just in: unlike Lupin parts 4 and 5, part 6 will not be a Toonami exclusive dub. It will also stream on Hidive the Monday after the Toonami broadcast. Third party exclusive content is a thing of the past now. HIDIVE Streams Lupin III Part 6 Anime's English Dub
Dont take it the wrong way, im not saying completely walk away from AAA content. But the block needs a balance of AAA and obscure stuff. But unfortunately, due to Demarco’s fairly limited knowledge on modern anime trends, he always chases whatever comes from Jump and nothing more. Based on past actions, even in a scenario where they are forced to step outside the box, they would rather headline the block with Super reruns for 10 months.

The current problem with AAA content is that everyone wants to have it exclusive. Jojo and Demon Slayer would have been sure picks a few years ago, not anymore. With our current knowledge of the situation of Funi/CR, we may not even be able to land MHA S6 later in the year. So where does that leave us? They can either continue futile efforts to grab AAA shows, likely causing issues like we saw last fall, or they can accept the reality of the situation and give some niche titles their first chance on the air just to keep the gears turning.

At this point, Toonami needs to be making friends. If Sentai is still willing to open their catalog, Toonami needs a show or two from them on the block every week out of the year. Doesn’t matter if they aren’t the hottest titles, Sentai needs to see they are wanted here.

A few years ago, Demarco promised Toonami fans that the block would shift to a more diverse lineup, rather than the nearly pure shonen list it usually was. They aired Pop Team Epic shortly after, and once that ended kinda swept that promise under the rug. A lot of fans were excited to see the block diversify its offerings somewhat, but as long as there is easy shonen access, they won’t do it. So the prospect of the easy shonen being off the table is appealing to quite a few fans

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
hidive starts airing the lupin 6 dub on monday, so basically toonami gets first airing dibs

But they aren't locking it in Toonami Jail for a year and keeping it away from streaming like parts 4 and 5. There's lots of rejoicing on the ANN forums about that. Toonami Jail didn't seem to help the block and only seemed to limit an anime's popularity. Demon Slayer didn't become the huge hit it became until the dub was finally released from Toonami Jail and went to Netflix. It seems like keeping the dubs away from streaming hurt whatever anime were stuck in Toonami Jail rather than helped them. Anyway, everybody seems to be celebrating the death of Toonami Jail (except Shippuden's dub past episode 140, which is still imprisoned).

wjbraden

Not to knock what you're saying PicardMan, but I've always felt that "Toonami Jail" is kind of an overblown and ridiculous thing in all honesty. The concept of these anime "jails" started out with Amazon Strike putting everything behind a double paywall and never dubbing anything (until they got rescued by another entity like Sentai later on), and Netflix choosing to release shows weeks and months after they've aired in Japan in any capacity, be it subbed or dubbed, so they can release both the sub and dub at the same time (as well as there being a point of contention that a lot of stuff they stream never ends up off-platform in any form, including home releases).

Toonami getting first dibs on just the dubs of stuff is just kind of a false equivalency. Yeah they've got stuff like Lupin, Demon Slayer Season 1, Sword Art Online and Jojo exclusively for like a year, but every time it's still come out on home media or FunimationNow/Crunchyroll immediately afterward, and of course the sub is always out there somewhere right away. I know this isn't ideal for the bargain streaming crowd (and some international people inadvertently from some accounts I've read) but sometimes you have to pay the premium option (aka cable subscription) to get things right away. That said, if you watch on a regular schedule on adultswim.com, you can see the entirety of shows for free still (something many people don't know about apparently), so that kind of negates the "premium" angle too.

At any rate, yeah, we probably won't be seeing too much of it anyway from this point forward (with the exception of Shippuden), so it doesn't make that much difference, but I always kind of laugh when I see it come up.

Conttactt

Not to knock what you're saying PicardMan, but I've always felt that "Toonami Jail" is kind of an overblown and ridiculous thing in all honesty. The concept of these anime "jails" started out with Amazon Strike putting everything behind a double paywall and never dubbing anything (until they got rescued by another entity like Sentai later on), and Netflix choosing to release shows weeks and months after they've aired in Japan in any capacity, be it subbed or dubbed, so they can release both the sub and dub at the same time (as well as there being a point of contention that a lot of stuff they stream never ends up off-platform in any form, including home releases).

Toonami getting first dibs on just the dubs of stuff is just kind of a false equivalency. Yeah they've got stuff like Lupin, Demon Slayer Season 1, Sword Art Online and Jojo exclusively for like a year, but every time it's still come out on home media or FunimationNow/Crunchyroll immediately afterward, and of course the sub is always out there somewhere right away. I know this isn't ideal for the bargain streaming crowd (and some international people inadvertently from some accounts I've read) but sometimes you have to pay the premium option (aka cable subscription) to get things right away. That said, if you watch on a regular schedule on adultswim.com, you can see the entirety of shows for free still (something many people don't know about apparently), so that kind of negates the "premium" angle too.

At any rate, yeah, we probably won't be seeing too much of it anyway from this point forward (with the exception of Shippuden), so it doesn't make that much difference, but I always kind of laugh when I see it come up.
I disagree, I think it’s a valid concern people had. The main problem is, cable is not the premium option. It’s the grossly overpriced relic option people are desperate to get away from. This is especially true when it comes to anime, which was one of the first fanbases to really embrace streaming.

People don’t like being at the whims of a TV schedule. Oh you want to watch the next episode of a show you are into? Sorry! Toonami decided to take the entire night off for a minor holiday that was celebrated on Thursday, or DC decided to hijack the schedule for the night. Part of the reason people are angry about Toonami jail is Toonami refuses to adapt to the modern market and continues to do silly 2002 style delays such as these.

I think the worst part of Toonami jail is for international fans waiting for a dub. They can’t access Adult Swim, thus have no legal means to access the dub for an entire year. How is that fair? Even piracy sites that have the episodes will still have the AS channel bug on them, because it’s just not accessible by any other means.

I can kind of see why Sony opted to step away from Toonami in regards to Demon Slayer S2. Easily the biggest title on the market right now, what sense does it make tying it down to a late night block only available to those in the US?

It’s fine if Toonami is the dub premier home for content, but it should be like a week at most. The block is not a significant enough factor in the anime world in 2022 to hold shows for a year or more.

wjbraden

I disagree, I think it’s a valid concern people had. The main problem is, cable is not the premium option. It’s the grossly overpriced relic option people are desperate to get away from. This is especially true when it comes to anime, which was one of the first fanbases to really embrace streaming.

People don’t like being at the whims of a TV schedule. Oh you want to watch the next episode of a show you are into? Sorry! Toonami decided to take the entire night off for a minor holiday that was celebrated on Thursday, or DC decided to hijack the schedule for the night. Part of the reason people are angry about Toonami jail is Toonami refuses to adapt to the modern market and continues to do silly 2002 style delays such as these.

I think the worst part of Toonami jail is for international fans waiting for a dub. They can’t access Adult Swim, thus have no legal means to access the dub for an entire year. How is that fair? Even piracy sites that have the episodes will still have the AS channel bug on them, because it’s just not accessible by any other means.

I can kind of see why Sony opted to step away from Toonami in regards to Demon Slayer S2. Easily the biggest title on the market right now, what sense does it make tying it down to a late night block only available to those in the US?

It’s fine if Toonami is the dub premier home for content, but it should be like a week at most. The block is not a significant enough factor in the anime world in 2022 to hold shows for a year or more.
While true about the breaks, the fact of the matter is that's just how TV works and what having a weekly, ongoing block looks like. Some nights, like xmas and new year's weekends, it's just not worthy running new episodes. Yes, it's arbitrary and debatable on some of the holidays they take off (and for the record, they've taken less holidays breaks in recent years) but the point still stands. Also, even many animes that have streamed on Crunchyroll and FuniNow, they've had to take breaks for holidays and such (or take off in lockstep with the original Japanese broadcast getting preempted). The D.C. stuff is also a promotional thing that they either are mandated to do, or it would be foolish not to take advantage of (gotta make money, that's just how it is).

Regarding international fans, Toonami is not directly responsible for a show not airing in an another territory - their agreement in any capacity does not extend anywhere outside the US. That said, yes, it does appear that Toonami getting first dibs on stuff has indirectly had an impact on dubs getting out to the UK, Australia and such as mentioned before. But that's more a problem of each region's specific platforms and streaming affiliates not securing the rights, for one reason of another (also, content getting released in a delayed fashion abroad, despite being fully released here in the states for months and even years is an issue that's been around for decades).

And even at that, it's a case-by-case basis. I recall someone from Australia complaining about Demon Slayer being in Toonami jail, when in fact it was streaming there on Animelab right after it aired on Toonami. And now that Sony's combining all their international affiliates into Crunchyroll, that will probably help streamline things abroad.

But at any rate, yes, I entirely agree that the streaming next day model is entirely better for everyone moving forward. Though if something pops up where they get first dibs for an extended period of time, it's nothing really to worry about, as there are those other options as I mentioned in my previous post.

Last edited:

RunoMisaki573

I have something to mention regarding next week. Shenmue and SnK Final Season Part 2 air their finales that weekend, but Cowboy Bebop has two episodes left then. Will the duplicate One Piece slot get pre-empted for back-to-back Cowboy Bebop like with what they did to air episode 13 of Made in Abyss in its entirety? If that happened, Shenmue, attack on titan (SnK) and Cowboy Bebop would all leave the lineup at the same time.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I have something to mention regarding next week. Shenmue and SnK Final Season Part 2 air their finales that weekend, but Cowboy Bebop has two episodes left then. Will the duplicate One Piece slot get pre-empted for back-to-back Cowboy Bebop like with what they did to air episode 13 of Made in Abyss in its entirety? If that happened, Shenmue, attack on titan (SnK) and Cowboy Bebop would all leave the lineup at the same time.

I think it's more likely CB will keep looping like it used to.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts