Powerpuff Girls Live Action CW Series In Development

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
It's still in development, despite everything that happened.

Is Powerpuff officially dead? – Jasper
I am assured that The CW’s live-action adaptation of the Powerpuff Girls, after coming in last spring “too campy” (and which definitely no longer costars Chloe Bennet), is still in some stage of redevelopment.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!

J10

This show should be cancelled by WBD. Lay offs must also happen to them. I wish if the CW was sold or spun off to another company, before announcing this.

Vuxovich

Is Powerpuff officially dead? – Jasper
I am assured that The CW’s live-action adaptation of the Powerpuff Girls, after coming in last spring “too campy” (and which definitely no longer costars Chloe Bennet), is still in some stage of redevelopment.
If that's the case, then please let be the live-action adaptation of the Powerpuff Girls filmed in Vancouver, not Atlanta.

I wish it was stay dead....
This show should be cancelled by WBD. Lay offs must also happen to them. I wish if the CW was sold or spun off to another company, before announcing this.
I definitely agree if something's wrong.

Reactions: J10

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Just call it a day, please and I have a feeling that both Dove Cameron and Yana Perrault have lost interest in this, given that it's been nine months since Bennet's departure from the project along with that Cameron is focusing on her music career thanks to the commercial success of her song "Boyfriend".

Frontier

Staff member

LinusFan303

Squeak
The CW (the parent companies that run the CW, the CW is not really it's own network) has canned 6 shows today , so there's room for it now...

Mandouga

The CW (the parent companies that run the CW, the CW is not really it's own network) has canned 6 shows today , so there's room for it now...

I think most people (including me) agree that they don’t want to see a cynical, pessimistic deconstruction (deconstructive parody?) of everyone’s favorite kindergarten superheroines.

I don’t normally say this, but I kind of hope it doesn’t happen. I mean, just because you “can” do something doesn’t mean you “should”…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vuxovich

I find the fact that Legends Of Tomorrow, Batwoman, and Naomi are gone and this is still out there absolutely infuriating. The televised abortion that is Riverdale getting renewed is insult to injury.
I think most people (including me) agree that they don’t want to see a cynical, pessimistic deconstruction (deconstructive parody?) of everyone’s favorite kindergarten superheroines.

I don’t normally say this, but I kind of hope it doesn’t happen. I mean, just because you “can” do something doesn’t mean you “should”…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since the live-action Powerpuff Girls pilot was the mistake, the CW had to choose:

1. To film the live-action Powerpuff show in Vancouver

or

2. To cancel the live-action Powerpuff show outright

What do you think?!

Reactions: J10

JTOONSAnimation

Between these management changes at Warner Bros. Discovery, the possible sale of The CW to Nexstar, and the high cost that this pilot is putting out, I think its possible that the show will either move to HBO Max or be dropped entirely.

There's just so many factors that are getting in this show's way that are really hurting its chance of getting picked up to series.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Between these management changes at Warner Bros. Discovery, the possible sale of The CW to Nexstar, and the high cost that this pilot is putting out, I think its possible that the show will either move to HBO Max or be dropped entirely.
I'm hoping for the latter.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Here is what I don't get. Why is this still going forward? The Universal reaction to both the premise and leaked Pilot script was anger and disgust. Exactly what type of viewer could they possibly be hoping to court, especially because nobody seems to have changed the actual script? It's the most hated show I've ever seen, and we haven't even seen a second of it. Just everything they are doing with it is pissing us off.

If this were a just world, Diablo Cody would no longer have a writing career. Joe Esterhauz was once one of Hollywood's hot young thangs too, and eventually everyone realized his awful scripts were a liability to any project that bought them. When are people gonna realize the same here and show Cody the door?

I could also ask the same of David E Kelly, but the truth is people actually WATCHED his televised travesties, and many of them were depressingly successful. I'm trying to think of a single hit Cody has had since Juno and I'm coming up blank. I'm starting to think Stewie Griffin was right when he said she got lucky once.

Last edited:

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Here is what I don't get. Why is this still going forward?
....I...I had no friggin idea.

As much as I hate to say it, but as much as I absolutely DESPISES Powerpuff Girls 2016 with a burning 1000 suns, at least the people behind the reboot SOMEWHAT care about the original source material, even if they handled it the worst way possible.

But this?! This is just.....whoever thought it was a good idea needs to be fired and cancelled.

kirbygame

this is going to be Warner Bros' own Fairly Odder isn't it?

also i don't hate PPG 2016 as much as JMTV did but some episodes are very uninteresting for me.

i put this show above Victor and Valentino but below Sheep in the Big City (yeah i'm not too big on that)/Steven Universe Future on my CN ranking post.

LinusFan303

Squeak
We'll find out (maybe) next Thursday if it got picked up or not. There also maybe a case that the CW might not pick up just because they might want/need to stay lean and mean and since Netflix money isn't going to pour in and there's no money from HBO Max for them ... they might just pick up a few dramas and go for more foreign shows and unscripted stuff that they air on Saturday ,for example (wouldn't be against more Legends of the Hidden Temple and Would I lie to you?) So this might not happen just cause the the CW is not doing healthy and new parent company on the Warner side might be close to giving up on the CW. Remember that sale conversation?

I'm trying to think of a single hit Cody has had since Juno and I'm coming up blank.
She did make a "Jagged Little Pill" Broadway musical, didn't get much showing on Broadway because of the Pandemic (it came out in late 2019) It did good critical reception, and coming to the West End in London. If that counts as something.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts