"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Ritter "allegedly" teases a possible return for not only JJ, but Colter's Luke Cage in something:

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Well, one way or another, it's nice to see them together again :).
Maybe that's when the Skrulls started invading. They posed as people who were blipped and are only getting discovered now :ack:.

Last edited:

reflection01

Ever since they revealed they were making DC movies for HBO Max, I've been wondering if Marvel Studios would follow suit and do movies on Disney+ as well for cases like this - not too confident about theatrical but a CG heavy show that may not work as a series then make a streaming movie with a bigger budget than a 6 episode show. I think Nova could fit this bill. I suppose the Halloween Special and Guardians Holiday Special will be the first test if that format will work.

WBD seems to be backing away from making DC movies for HBO Max.

Well, one way or another, it's nice to see them together again :).

Maybe that's when the Skrulls started invading. They posed as people who were blipped and are only getting discovered now :ack:.

It’s a really good way to use the Blip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frontier

Staff member
YES. Worst kept secret but whoot!

Cue debate on if this will be a direct continuation from the Netflix series and if the rest of that cast will reprise their roles or be recast. :p
I'm actually wondering about this myself. I feel like it'll be more of an MCU-ified Daredevil now that it's going to be on Disney+ and can more directly connect to stuff, but probably the real question is the tone.

Moon Knight might be a good indicator.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm actually wondering about this myself. I feel like it'll be more of an MCU-ified Daredevil now that it's going to be on Disney+ and can more directly connect to stuff, but probably the real question is the tone.
Yeah, what glimpse we got in NWH seems to imply the tone as much. I like to think he's in a better place in this series and won't have the baggage he did in the Netflix era so this new series will go hand in hand with that.

Oh, and which costume from the comics he'll be using. :D Will he go yellow? :p

And Echo as well. I'd throw in Falcon and The Winter Soldier, too.

the greenman

YES. Worst kept secret but whoot!

Cue debate on if this will be a direct continuation from the Netflix series and if the rest of that cast will reprise their roles or be recast. :p
I made a whole thread so we don't clog up the threads. If anyone is interested.

I think they will definitely recast some. However, some will certainly return. I still want a Daughters of the Dragon series Knight & Wing.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
The hug it out line is cute and since this is still a tease I'm still not sure of the extent of Miss Marvel's powers being used within the actual series. However I do really really hope that the team is hiding some sort of "Kamala wound up at least seeing Carol Danvers doing something in her neighborhood and that's why she was so inspired" line because again even going by the idea that everyone is aware of all of what happened in the final battle in Endgame it still seems weird to see someone personally glomp onto Carol because of that. Even if the "little boy Tony rescues in Iron man 2 was actually Peter Parker" theory wasn't true I get why in the MCU Spider Man would be inspired by Iron Man. I still need a reason more why people in the MCU would have that respect for Captain Marvel on earth. I get why the Skrulls hold her in a high regard but Kamala... yeah again hoep there's more backstory explaining it.

Frontier

Staff member
The hug it out line is cute and since this is still a tease I'm still not sure of the extent of Miss Marvel's powers being used within the actual series. However I do really really hope that the team is hiding some sort of "Kamala wound up at least seeing Carol Danvers doing something in her neighborhood and that's why she was so inspired" line because again even going by the idea that everyone is aware of all of what happened in the final battle in Endgame it still seems weird to see someone personally glomp onto Carol because of that. Even if the "little boy Tony rescues in Iron man 2 was actually Peter Parker" theory wasn't true I get why in the MCU Spider Man would be inspired by Iron Man. I still need a reason more why people in the MCU would have that respect for Captain Marvel on earth. I get why the Skrulls hold her in a high regard but Kamala... yeah again hoep there's more backstory explaining it.
To be honest I'm not sure how effective the Carol fangirling will be when we've barely seen Carol be that involved with Earth or doing general hero stuff compared to the comics, so it might feel a bit tell not show.

Of course that could be said for a lot of the MCU.
When you're female lead is a massive fangirl of another Marvel Hero :p.

(Although Kamala's #1 is Carol, she at least is a fan of pretty much everybody else...)
Figures you'd want more WandaVision people involved in a spinoff :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts