Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Oh well, I'm not able to watch Boomerang anymore as my Cable Provider dropped it in my area, but I guess it's interesting to hear from the recent info above.

Moe

It's Xfinity.
Oh wow, it looks like Comcast dropped some channels to free up the bandwidth so they don't have to rely on SDV (switched digital video) technology because it make much slower to tune.

Spectrum is pretty bloated and out of sync, so that why I dumped Spectrum cable TV.

wiley207

Xfinity/Comcast NEVER carried Boomerang in my area (New England). Of course, back in the 2000s many Comcast providers did not carry Boomerang, and since a good chunk of the U.S.A. population used Comcast... well, there's a big reason why only a small percentage of people in the country got Boomerang then!
My dad would always say that Comcast would add Boomerang if enough people want them. And enough people DID want it, but Comcast New England still said "no", as it wasn't ad-supported back then.

Moe

Xfinity/Comcast NEVER carried Boomerang in my area (New England). Of course, back in the 2000s many Comcast providers did not carry Boomerang, and since a good chunk of the U.S.A. population used Comcast... well, there's a big reason why only a small percentage of people in the country got Boomerang then!
My dad would always say that Comcast would add Boomerang if enough people want them. And enough people DID want it, but Comcast New England still said "no", as it wasn't ad-supported back then.
Tell Discovery to make Boomerang as must carry under 1992 Cable Act, so Comcast is obligated to carry.

imflamey

What is Boomerang's future? It's going to end up as a block in HBO Max or a streaming app now.

Honestly, CN sort of killed Boomerang fully in 2015. Okay, the Boomerang rebrand did "NOT" kill Boomerang, first of all the schedule was already completely screwed up.They started airing TAWOG and TTG in 2014, Second it's programming wasn't all that bad at least Classics did air even if it was during the night, and that's the way it was for months. More, and more Classics started coming on especially on the weekends. Later, Boomerang would get "Original" programming later in 2015, which might've got some viewers on the channel "Wabbit", "Be Cool, Scooby-Doo" "Bunnicula". But no, CN just had to air ALL of them for some reason. In February of 2016, CN launched a block of "Saturday Morning Premieres", which lasted up until March of 2016. Second Disaster, the Boomerang streaming service. Boomerang had "The Tom and Jerry Show", "New Looney Tunes", "Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz", "Be Cool, Scooby-Doo", and "Bunnicula", but for some reason all of them were just dumped on the streaming service, they didn't care to launch a HD feed or make new promos. Just look at the state of the channel, every single freaking ad break they air the same promos, "Looney Tunes Promo", "Scooby-Doo and Guess Who Promo", "The Tom and Jerry Show Promo", and the Boomerang Theater promo (Although, that is mostly in ECPs) they're now dumping TTG, TAWOG, Craig of the Creek, and Total Drama Rama. What's even more annoying is this is only a big problem in the U.S, even Latin America and Brazil took the 2018 rebrand. Boomerang is fine in EMEA regions, this is only a big problem in the U.S, either way Boomerang has no more "Originals", and now is just a re-run network that airs Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes and maybe a few other things but that's it. It's constantly loosing viewership and it's going to end up as a block on HBO Max at this point.

Markus Nelis

It's funny y'all still say Boomerang linear will shut down. You said it in 2017. Never happened. It's already 2022 it still won't happen anytime soon. TV marketing in the US is strong. You can argue that cable nowadays get low ratings but marketing keeps going on strong.

Ad revenue: They make a good use to keep the channel on-air to get that money.

Plus the channel is a strong brand around the world so for you in the US it wouldn't make logical sense to shut Boomerang down while the international countries still have it. It would be weird if that happened.

wiley207

Looks like TVPassport and OnTVTonight are in the process of correcting their Boomerang schedules to the current one!

imflamey

It's funny y'all still say Boomerang linear will shut down. You said it in 2017. Never happened. It's already 2022 it still won't happen anytime soon. TV marketing in the US is strong. You can argue that cable nowadays get low ratings but marketing keeps going on strong.

Ad revenue: They make a good use to keep the channel on-air to get that money.

Plus the channel is a strong brand around the world so for you in the US it wouldn't make logical sense to shut Boomerang down while the international countries still have it. It would be weird if that happened.
They can at any time announce that all feeds will shut down. Although, it's unlikely.

wiley207

Looks like TVPassport and OnTVTonight are in the process of correcting their Boomerang schedules to the current one!
And it's been updated!
But they still tease us by showing "Tom and Jerry: The Fast and the Furry," and not the Road Runner cartoon the title is based off of! I swear that they KNOW that both were made by the same production company, but would rather air the "Tom and Jerry" one due to it being newer, rather than update their Looney Tunes selections beyond "Upswept Hare," "Rabbit Transit," "Buccaneer Bunny," "14 Carrot Rabbit" and other classic WB shorts without thunder and lightning.
Oh, and "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!" is back on the schedule!

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
I'm not sure when exactly this happened but according to Zap2it. The Looney Tunes Show now airs two hours every weekday morning from 6-8am, while Titans, Gumball, Craig, and DramaRama get reduced to 30 mins each from 8-10am. (I'm assuming this happened as Cartoonito got reduced once again, though I wish they picked different shows).

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
I'm not sure when exactly this happened but according to Zap2it. The Looney Tunes Show now airs two hours every weekday morning from 6-8am, while Titans, Gumball, Craig, and DramaRama get reduced to 30 mins each from 8-10am. (I'm assuming this happened as Cartoonito got reduced once again, though I wish they picked different shows).
Cartoonito didn't get reduced...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts