I'm Putting My Friends Out There! (Anime Superhero Edition!)

What do you think?

• Good idea! Good idea!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Great idea! Great idea!

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Attention @Palk Áron 2002 , @Gatordragon , @RandomMe , @superkeegan9100 , @Sam the Cartoonist , @stephane dumas , and anyone else on the Drawing Board who wants to participate!

After my health scare of chest pains, I have decided to post every issue of Gilda And Meek at my site. In doing so, I pimped the site at Daily Kos, the blog I frequent. Because of my persistence and plugging, the diary made the "rec list" (the Recommended List) a showcase of popular Daily Kos diaries that people check out and comment on. It got 112 Recommends (a fair share) and a lot of views too, I'm guessing. Either way, traffic at my site increased a LOT, just in time to prove to Google Ad-Sense that it's NOT a dead site (although they still haven't gotten back to me yet on if they'll allow ads on the site. )

Here is a link to the diary in question:

I want to do another diary, except this time I want to showcase the cartoonists at Anime Superhero. Not just the people, I tagged (who are the most recent active artists on the board) but ANYONE who has a thread here. What I need from you:

1. Your permission! Duh!

2. I want a drawing or picture to represent your work. Here's mine.

The Un-Iverse 1.jpg

Neat! Next, post yours in this thread. If you makes banners like @Palk Áron 2002 , the only thing I ask is that you submit a banner that contains original artwork by you. For clarification: Fan art is totally allowed. But the picture in question must contain a picture of a character or object that you have drawn yourself. It doesn't have to be your own character but it has to have come from your own hand, and not copied and pasted.

3. A blurb by you describing you and your artwork. It can be up to three paragraphs long and I will post it in the diary.

4. (Optional) An web address link to any and all sites that showcase your artwork (Deviant Art, Instagram, Patreon, Tapas, Web Toons etc.). For Patreon, Tapas, and Web Toons users this could be handy, and get you more traffic and income. If you don't HAVE an outside website for your art, don't fret! I will link to your most recent thread in The Drawing Board. I plan to link to everyone who opts in's threads in The Drawing Board too (unless you nix that).

5. (Optional) I am going to add a page on My Site showcasing "Other Artists I Like" and will put the link to it on my Front Page. Because this is MY site, I will use some discretion here. I will pimp EVERYTHING in the Daily Kos diary, but I ask that your artwork not be TOO offensive for me to showcase on my site. Keep in mind that my comic appeals to women and liberals, so misogyny, homophobia, and racism will be frowned upon. Also keep in mind that Daily Kos is a Democratic Blog, so that stuff probably won't fly there either. Opt in below if you'd liked to be showcased on my site.

6. (SUPER OPTIONAL). I also will do a post on the two other sites I frequent ( Action Figure Insider and Dreamwidth ) linking the Daily Kos diary. Be warned, there is little traffic on my Dreamwidth journal (but it couldn't hurt). AFI is also currently going through a slow spot, but you'll get a few views there too.

I'm keeping the Opt-In period for this thread open for about a week and will start working on the Daily Kos diary the week after. Again if Daily Kos or my site is NOT your jam, that's fine. But you'll get a ton of eyeballs from Kos readers at least. When it is posted, I will post the link in this thread.

@Gatordragon has already agreed to participate, but I do need a representative picture and blurb from him too.

Also, two other things to keep in mind:

1. I will ask Kos commenters to keep their comments supportive and constructive, as you guys will be reading the thread. They will almost certainly oblige. If you are scared of negative feedback, or people being mean about your art in a public space that a lot of people will see, I got your back.

2. I will also be using that thread in the same way I'm using THIS one, and asking Kos cartoonists to PM me if they want to participate in something similar.

Please opt-in below with your permission, a piece of representative art, a blurb, and a site link to your artwork or your Drawing Board Thread. You can also add your permission to post your stuff on Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse, my journal on Dreamwidth, and / or Action Figure Insider. What say you all?

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Also added another option: A blurb by you about you and your artwork that I will copy and paste into the Kos diary. It can be up to three paragraphs long. Tell us about yourself and your work!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I am also going to edit the first post when the Kos diary is posted to include the diary link so you will get maximum expose on Anime Superhero too!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Clarification: Fan art is totally allowed. But the picture in question must contain a picture of a character or object that you have drawn yourself. It doesn't have to be your own character but it has to have come from your own hand, and not copied and pasted.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Here is my entry artwork. I give you a permission to post it! :)

The blurb
- My name is Áron, a 20-year-old Hungarian boy. Not only do I make artworks, but I'm also interested in the world of Hungarian and British television. I'm nostalgic to the years between 2002 and 2011.
- This artwork below is about Bloo (one of the protagonists of Foster's Home) redrawing my television nostalgia. On a yellow background, a number 2002 is shown, spraypainted in burgundy and blue. Bloo holds two spraypainters, one is burgundy and the other is blue. These spray themselves.
- In the floor, on the left, a Cartoon Network logo, redrawn by myself to incorporate the "Redraw Your World" colors, is seen, with an arrow getting out of it. On the right, blocks, also colored in the same style, fall down to eventually form the initialism RTL (the animation seen in the idents from the Hungarian channel RTL Klub, 2008-2017). Below them is a RYW border, with my own logo (an edited CN logo also redrawn by myself), and the link to my Deviantart profile.

Clarification to Fone Bone
The recolored CN logo, my logo based on it and Bloo are redrawn by myself. The RTL letters are from one typeface. As for the DA link, they only need to type it in all lowercase. :)
entryart.png

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer

The blurb
- My name is Áron, a 20-year-old Hungarian boy. Not only do I make artworks, but I'm also interested in the world of Hungarian and British television. I'm nostalgic to the years between 2002 and 2011.
- This artwork below is about Bloo (one of the protagonists of Foster's Home) redrawing my television nostalgia. On a yellow background, a number 2002 is shown, spraypainted in burgundy and blue. Bloo holds two spraypainters, one is burgundy and the other is blue. These spray themselves.
- In the floor, on the left, a Cartoon Network logo, redrawn by myself to incorporate the "Redraw Your World" colors, is seen, with an arrow getting out of it. On the right, blocks, also colored in the same style, fall down to eventually form the initialism RTL (the animation seen in the idents from the Hungarian channel RTL Klub, 2008-2017). Below them is a RYW border, with my own logo (an edited CN logo also redrawn by myself), and the link to my Deviantart profile.

The recolored CN logo, my logo based on it and Bloo are redrawn by myself. The RTL letters are from one typeface. As for the DA link, they only need to type it in all lowercase. :)
View attachment 297775
Perfect! Thanks!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Not too many bites yet. I'll tell you what. I'll leave the thread opt-in period open for two weeks. I personally want to get at least six people's artwork and sites not counting myself. So far I have three commitments. If I can't get six other people, it doesn't make sense to make the diary. Three more of you guys need to opt in. Hopefully more. I hope you guys come through for all of us. I want to do this. And I want us to have the best shot possible to get clicks and attention. And the more commitments I get, the easier that becomes.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Am I the only one who has NEVER seen The Drawing Board this busy? Used to be you could go a week or two without a new post but we've been updating like crazy over the past few days. I am so proud of you guys.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
OK now, here goes nothing.

RandomMe is the embodiment of a name that reflects my childhood and the gateway to my late puberty. I joined the former Toonzone at the apex of my life (1 was 14 back then :p) and CN was still in English, cable was still worth it but was already starting to show its flaws, etc and such. But my time on the forums has been significantly reduced, especially due to a bunch of other factors: my counter-notification with YouTube to restore access to the channels, the past two years and their negative effect on my mental health.

I have had interest in merpeople for like fifteen years and merpeople are my comfort drawings. First because of saving my girlfriend at the time who was a mermaid in a sand pit in a dream and then within a few weeks Timmy Turntrout and such influencing my merman artwork. Over the course of the past dozen of years I had an active cartoon imagination, with projects like Darwin the Merman or Milo of the Deep acting as potential future cartoons to make merpeople more marketable to kids. However it seems that merpeople outside of Bubble Guppies aren't that profitable and one's dream can be someone's reality soon. Or a show like "My Best Friend is a Merman". At the age of 13 (The Thirteenth Year, anyone?) I started believing that maybe in other dimensions, merpeople exist, and are immortal like my headcanon for them.

Interests? Old TV and especially games from the 2000s until 2013 (my cutoff point between the "old" and "new" ages, though I feel rather divided about the TV and related communities, so I have to resort myself to old Shockwave and Flash games. Also interested in Japanese games and urban culture from the 90s and 2000s, the golden days of Akihabara. And some recent things like The Loud House, Rugrats' reboot, etc. Lost confidence in CN and the channel is currently at a crossroads.

I personally don't have anything else to say other than the fact that I want to show my silence to some of the Central and Eastern European users, as they're pandering more to the TV community, and I've been less of an archivist to try and concentrate more on my artwork for my sanity.

About platforms, I post my pictures on Imgur (mostly), my personal forum (sometimes) and Instagram as RandomMe Arts. There's plenty of merfolk and OCs. There I'm friends with Gatordragon (also on Discord), who I have a relation for a few years now, and a bunch of artists that aren't even on ASF like someone who draws a lot of Captain Underpants characters. Had a DeviantART account but I lost access to it :p

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
OK now, here goes nothing.

RandomMe is the embodiment of a name that reflects my childhood and the gateway to my late puberty. I joined the former Toonzone at the apex of my life (1 was 14 back then :p) and CN was still in English, cable was still worth it but was already starting to show its flaws, etc and such. But my time on the forums has been significantly reduced, especially due to a bunch of other factors: my counter-notification with YouTube to restore access to the channels, the past two years and their negative effect on my mental health.

I have had interest in merpeople for like fifteen years and merpeople are my comfort drawings. First because of saving my girlfriend at the time who was a mermaid in a sand pit in a dream and then within a few weeks Timmy Turntrout and such influencing my merman artwork. Over the course of the past dozen of years I had an active cartoon imagination, with projects like Darwin the Merman or Milo of the Deep acting as potential future cartoons to make merpeople more marketable to kids. However it seems that merpeople outside of Bubble Guppies aren't that profitable and one's dream can be someone's reality soon. Or a show like "My Best Friend is a Merman". At the age of 13 (The Thirteenth Year, anyone?) I started believing that maybe in other dimensions, merpeople exist, and are immortal like my headcanon for them.

Interests? Old TV and especially games from the 2000s until 2013 (my cutoff point between the "old" and "new" ages, though I feel rather divided about the TV and related communities, so I have to resort myself to old Shockwave and Flash games. Also interested in Japanese games and urban culture from the 90s and 2000s, the golden days of Akihabara. And some recent things like The Loud House, Rugrats' reboot, etc. Lost confidence in CN and the channel is currently at a crossroads.

I personally don't have anything else to say other than the fact that I want to show my silence to some of the Central and Eastern European users, as they're pandering more to the TV community, and I've been less of an archivist to try and concentrate more on my artwork for my sanity.

About platforms, I post my pictures on Imgur (mostly), my personal forum (sometimes) and Instagram as RandomMe Arts. There's plenty of merfolk and OCs. There I'm friends with Gatordragon (also on Discord), who I have a relation for a few years now, and a bunch of artists that aren't even on ASF like someone who draws a lot of Captain Underpants characters. Had a DeviantART account but I lost access to it :p
This is good. Is it okay if I just use the first three paragraphs? I'm not sure that Kos readers would understand what you were referring to past that.

Actually, I'd be willing to add the fifth paragraph too. It's the fourth one I'm not crazy about. Sounds a bit too insular. Keep in mind the readers of Daily Kos don't know much about cartoons or fandom. The diary is to familiarize them with it a bit. But we need to use language geek laymen can understand.

Here is the first link I will be posting:

Are there any other links to your art you want me to post? Post them in the thread below.

Also I will need a picture to represent your work. It can be your best one, or simply your best representation. Post that and any more links in this thread.

Also would you be interested in being linked on my site Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse? How about my Dreamwidth Journal or Action Figure Insider Forums?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer

The blurb

View attachment 297775
Great stuff @Palk Áron 2002 . Would you be interested in being linked on my site Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse? How about my Dreamwidth Journal or Action Figure Insider Forums?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
@Gatordragon

Still need a representative picture and a blurb. I have your link in my PM box. Thanks!

Also do you want to be linked on the other sites listed above? It would be an honor to link to you on Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
This is good. Is it okay if I just use the first three paragraphs? I'm not sure that Kos readers would understand what you were referring to past that.

Actually, I'd be willing to add the fifth paragraph too. It's the fourth one I'm not crazy about. Sounds a bit too insular. Keep in mind the readers of Daily Kos don't know much about cartoons or fandom. The diary is to familiarize them with it a bit. But we need to use language geek laymen can understand.

Here is the first link I will be posting:

Are there any other links to your art you want me to post? Post them in the thread below.

Also I will need a picture to represent your work. It can be your best one, or simply your best representation. Post that and any more links in this thread.

Also would you be interested in being linked on my site Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse? How about my Dreamwidth Journal or Action Figure Insider Forums?
I have no interest in joining DK, but I can send you my artwork for your blog.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I'm glad you've decided to participate. I need a Drawing and a blurb and hopefully an outside website link that showcases your work. Post that link below along with your best representative drawing. If you don't have an outside website, post the link to your Drawing Board thread.

I am unfamiliar with your work so I don't know if it is appropriate for Gilda And Meek And The Un-Iverse. After I look through it, and if I decide it is, would you like a link posted there? No promises but we'll see. I can also link my Daily Kos diary on Dreamwidth and AFI.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I have no interest in joining DK, but I can send you my artwork for your blog.
I'm not asking you to join Daily Kos. I'm asking you to present your artwork to that site to get more clicks. I will handle the entire diary myself. I just need a picture, some links, and I will do the first three and last paragraphs of that blurb.

I gotcha covered. All you gotta do it post that info in this thread and I'll do the rest. Sweet deal, right?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts