CGI Caillou Series In Development For Peacock

SweetShop209

Recall how it was announced that there would be 5 CGI Caillou specials? Well, it looks like there's more content on the way with a new 52 episode series in development for the Peacock streaming service. Unlike the original, this series will be in CGI instead of 2D. Wildbrain will be involved in developing these projects.

TsWade2

Oh heck no! Not that little whiny brat again! Barney and Teletubbies are bad enough, but Caillou is the worst preschool character ever!

Last edited:

TsWade2

Well, I'm sorry, but he is! I mean, haven't you see his tantrums or pinching his baby sister in the face? And worst of all, he never gets punished. Sorry, but I do not like Caillou. At least he's not aim for me. Thank God!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Well, I'm sorry, but he is! I mean, haven't you see his tantrums or pinching his baby sister in the face? And worst of all, he never gets punished. Sorry, but I do not like Caillou. At least he's not aim for me. Thank God!
Caillou is arguably the worst children's TV show of all time. Most parents absolutely hate it and the imitable bad behavior it teaches their kids. Even Barney the Dinosaur is much less objectionable. Barney annoys parents. Caillou actually makes parents' lives harder.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Just one more thing to ignore. If you have kids, I wouldn't damage them with this. Or anything else named "Caillou". FACTS AND TRUTH.

Well, Wildbrain does make good looking CGI shows. Just check out Go Dog Go (which is also a preschool show).

As in something a good parent should let their kid watch, for example, and not Caillou, honestly.

TsWade2

Caillou is arguably the worst children's TV show of all time. Most parents absolutely hate it and the imitable bad behavior it teaches their kids. Even Barney the Dinosaur is much less objectionable. Barney annoys parents. Caillou actually makes parents' lives harder.
Exactly! Thank you!

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I'm surprised this is going to Peacock and not Cartoonito or PBS. I can probably understand why Cartoonito wouldn't get it, since they quickly dropped it after finishing its run and probably don't want to spend extra money on it. You would at least think PBS would get it, though, considering the show's long history on that network.

Peacock is pretty much the sloppy seconds for streaming services, so I imagine it won't gain much traction.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I'm surprised this is going to Peacock and not Cartoonito or PBS. I can probably understand why Cartoonito wouldn't get it, since they quickly dropped it after finishing its run and probably don't want to spend extra money on it. You would at least think PBS would get it, though, considering the show's long history on that network.

Peacock is pretty much the sloppy seconds for streaming services, so I imagine it won't gain much traction.
Actually, I think PBS got too many parent complaints. I got the sense the reruns were dropped due to that rather than low ratings. Lots of kids watched and loved it. And made their parents' lives hell by imitating it.

For the record I struggle to see ANY educational value in that specific show, so PBS always struck me as a strange fit.

SweetShop209

I would've assumed this might've gone to Netflix given how Wildbrain has made projects for the service. The more notable projects include Polly Pocket (starting in season 2), Strawberry Shortcake: Berry In The Big City (the later episodes of season 1, the CGI specials, and presumably the later episodes of season 2) , Go Dog Go, and Sonic Prime. Then again, they've developed projects for other streaming services, such as The Adventures Of Rocky And Bullwinkle on Amazon Prime Video (their first collaboration with DreamWorks) and the recent Peanuts specials and shows for Apple TV. Plus, in Canada, the show has also aired on Family Jr. They not only aired both Polly Pocket and Strawberry Shortcake, but Madagascar A Little Wild as well as shows that have their later seasons on Peacock (Curious George and Dragons Rescue Riders) have also aired on there.

SweetShop209

This article announcers the showrunners for the series. They are Miklos Perlus and Amanda Smith. The latter (credited on IMDb as Amanda Smith Kolic) has worked on shows like The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That, Corn And Peg, Creative Galaxy, and the later seasons of Max And Ruby. The former initially worked on live action shows like Degrassi before later transitioning to working on shows like Hi Opie, Nina's World, Elinor Wonders Why, and Alma's Way. He has more credentials as an actor.

SweetShop209

The first of the CGI specials is coming to Peacock on July 10, the same day as its premiere on Family Jr in Canada.

CookieS

The character had a lot of criticism. I think the issue is they use the main character to teach lessons, so he's perpetually ill behaved, whiny, and selfish. It is episodic, so its a seemingly never ending cycle of a child being horrible in order to have a plot resolution. Let's hope the new series takes a different approach.

SweetShop209

I would assume Caillou's more negative traits would be toned down. It's mostly from how the style of preschool shows have changed, where the flaws of the character are kept more in check. Like, how often do you see a kid character who's not a baby throw a temper tantrum in a preschool show these days?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts