Cartoon Network's (Upcoming) 30th Anniversary

Toonhead2002Ultra

It might be just me, but a part of me is worried that the labor day weekend stuff is the only 30th anniversary celebration CN will give us. If it is I'll be a little disappointed. It'd be way better than nothing but there's only six pre 2010 shows (Teen Titans, Ben 10 Classic, Alien Force, Chowder, Kids Next Door and Ed Edd n Eddy), and even modern ones like Regular Show are missing. It'd also be weird since their actual birthday is October 1st. Is anyone else nervous about this outcome?

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
It might be just me, but a part of me is worried that the labor day weekend stuff is the only 30th anniversary celebration CN will give us. If it is I'll be a little disappointed. It'd be way better than nothing but there's only six pre 2010 shows (Teen Titans, Ben 10 Classic, Alien Force, Chowder, Kids Next Door and Ed Edd n Eddy), and even modern ones like Regular Show are missing. It'd also be weird since their actual birthday is October 1st. Is anyone else nervous about this outcome?
Very. The Labor Day schedule is not enough.

If the October 1st schedule sucks, then I'm officially done with Cartoon Network.

Markus Nelis

I think they're starting earlier to get more excited and a good build up to October 1st. I doubt they will ignore it on October 1. It's more like the final day of celebration and we most likely get to Halloween stuff after 1st. I hope y'all not getting so negative of this. It's just the start.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
How could 42,5% of other voters not know that Dexter's Laboratory premiered before any of those shows?
As was mentioned before, not everyone who's a fan of Cartoon Network was alive for when these shows were first active. I don't even mean kids, as we've hit the age where teenagers and even some young adults missed out on the 90's-mid-2000's CN era, and may only know these shows by name, if at all.

But also worth noting is that depending on the source you find, you may see a different answer. The first What-a-Cartoon short to air was "Meat Fuzzy Lumpkins", the first Powerpuff Girls pilot. To some, that may qualify as the first original show to air on Cartoon Network.

I actually have a friend who hosts trivia and writes his own questions. He's done a couple of CN categories, and he chose to ask this as a tie-breaker question for one. His search led to Powerpuff Girls being the answer, so that's what he put down. Thankfully, I had won the category without the need for tie-breakers, and he asked this later in the evening for a last chance points steal. I didn't get it, but I didn't need to.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I was actually wondering that myself, but it looks like it won't be stopping there.

AnimatedFan01

Now all we need is Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, PPG (original), Foster's, Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Ben 10 (original), Flapjack, Uncle Grandpa (HBO Max betrayed us), Steven Universe, Clarence, and Apple and Onion and CN's 30th Anniversary will be complete. I'm hoping they can throw in some surprises of short-lived shows we haven't seen on the network in a long time, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. But maybe October 1st will be that day...

jokerbeans2091

i would love too see old bumpers return i wanna see CN City make a return they should be doing more for their 30th anniversary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toonhead2002Ultra

i am worried because of this video

I do think that we should be worried in relation to HBO Max removing many of its shows, but I'm not sure about the CN shutting down part. It's still a relatively iconic brand, and I feel that it'll be safe for at least a few more years because of that. On top of that Austria Vox did walk back on his claim about classic shows like Johnny Bravo possibly getting tax right offs as well in a later video. I say we admire that CN is actually trying to celebrate their anniversary despite their crappy higher ups bungling things up. CN will more than likely live to see 2023.

Funktoon-Mix

CN is starting Twitter quizzes in preparation for their anniversary.

man, i was gonna say that the moxy show should've gotten a choice there but not like anyone besides nerds or older fans of the network even know about that

Last edited:

AnimatedFan01

Now all we need is Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, PPG (original), Foster's, Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Ben 10 (original), Flapjack, Uncle Grandpa (HBO Max betrayed us), Steven Universe, Clarence, and Apple and Onion and CN's 30th Anniversary will be complete. I'm hoping they can throw in some surprises of short-lived shows we haven't seen on the network in a long time, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. But maybe October 1st will be that day...
Updated to cross out the shows which are now confirmed to air on their schedule during anniversary month. Let me know if there are others I forgot to cross out or shows I forgot to mention that were significant enough to be aired during their anniversary.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts