General International TV Channels Thread

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
So, I was talking to a friend of mine about how the fact that Sony still has to get the Sony AXN rebrand out of Germany, after almost three years. And they were saying that they're not sure if Sony still wants to keep the channels they still have under their belt.

I still have that sensation that the first to go will be the US ones, because while you could sell Game Show Network and getTV to someone else, Sony Movies and Sony Cine would die like that. It's not like in Asia where KC Global Media could remove the Sony part from Gem and One or in CEE where Antenna Group could use the Viasat license for the two Sony-branded channels they ended with in Hungary.

The other countries where Sony still operates with the channels have caveats that make me think they're still safe for now (LATAM, India, Japan and the Iberian region for historical reasons, Germany because somehow, the channels did find their niche?).

J10

I found another video from TLC Balkan in Romania, on the same day, August 2nd, where the Romanian subtitle appears, which came from Kitchen Boss, and while TLC Balkan was in commercial, it cuts to the localized newly-launched Romanian feed.

Last edited:

TVArchive

Russian cable operators have started receiving notifications that Fox Networks Group channels will stop broadcasting from October 1. But they will leave in different ways.
If Nat Geo Wild and BabyTV completely stop broadcasting, then Fox, Fox Life and National Georgaphic will change their names, like Sony's last year.
For which names specifically - it is still unknown

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Russian cable operators have started receiving notifications that Fox Networks Group channels will stop broadcasting from October 1. But they will leave in different ways.
If Nat Geo Wild and BabyTV completely stop broadcasting, then Fox, Fox Life and National Georgaphic will change their names, like Sony's last year.
I bet one cent they become .[something] like it happened with the Sony ones.

TVArchive

Upd. I apologize for the misinformation. This news was spread by a schoolboy in the local public. Not officially confirmed

J10

@J10 Do you know when did Assadissa and Tamazight switched to 24/7 broadcasts? Checked their streams and they're on air now.
I guess Arryadia did that in 2019, and Assadissa is already 24 hours from few months ago, while Tamazight, on February/March, I saw the channel starts transmission from 11:00 GMT, where it broadcasts demos from the shows before 11:00 AM (Morocco local time).

It was supposed to be 24 hours for Tamazight, but still it airs demos overnight.

Last edited:

J10

NDTV will be acquired by Adani Group.

Also, Al-Araby TV will move completely to Doha, after 8 years of broadcasting from London.
1661334986544.png

1661335099727.jpeg

The London HQ of the channel is departuring, and has removed the signs from the building.

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

J10

Sudan News Channel is officially appeared on Arabsat. It’ll be broadcasted in Arabic, English, and French.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The funny thing was that instead of having soon in the promo, they used “Nearly in Arabsat” rather than the sentence “Coming Soon on Arabsat”.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Francisque

The Discovery UK channels intended for an Irish audience, have moved from a Dutch license to a Irish one (BAI).

This means there are restriction when it comes to the minutes of advertising shown, but nothing so dramatic.

Basically, BAI-licenced channels from Ireland can show "only" an average of 10 minutes per hour (18%) of advertising and teleshopping spots per clock hour, but up to 12 minutes per hour maximum.

In the UK this is 12 minutes per hour (20%) both as an average and as a maximum, on non-PBS operations.

Basically I think they "correct" this on the Irish advertising feeds, by logically not showing any adverts at the likes of 3am (as opposed to the British feeds, likely), and showing the coordinated 12 minutes maximum from the likes of 7am-12am.

But there are advantages, Irish BAI is typically "friendlier" towards British decisions and the British market

J10

The Discovery UK channels intended for an Irish audience, have moved from a Dutch license to a Irish one (BAI).

This means there are restriction when it comes to the minutes of advertising shown, but nothing so dramatic.

Basically, BAI-licenced channels from Ireland can show "only" an average of 10 minutes per hour (18%) of advertising and teleshopping spots per clock hour, but up to 12 minutes per hour maximum.

In the UK this is 12 minutes per hour (20%) both as an average and as a maximum, on non-PBS operations.

Basically I think they "correct" this on the Irish advertising feeds, by logically not showing any adverts at the likes of 3am (as opposed to the British feeds, likely), and showing the coordinated 12 minutes maximum from the likes of 7am-12am.

But there are advantages, Irish BAI is typically "friendlier" towards British decisions and the British market
Sadly, there isn't any record for the Irish Ad Feeds, to see how it looked like with the Dutch license.

What's next for WB-Discovery UK? Moving TCM Movies and CN UK from both Czech and German licenses to Irish ones?!

At 4:21 AM, changes has occurred for Saudi's SSC Channels:
  • SSC1 HD, SSC2 HD, SSC3 HD, SSC4 HD, and SSC5 HD has moved to a new frequency on Arabsat Badr 6, 12380 H.
  • SSC7 HD has been replaced by SSC News HD, before that, at 4:21 AM, it replaced SSC1 SD, before it returned back.
  • SSC8 HD has been replaced by SSC4 HD, just minutes before moving to their new frequency, 12380 H.
1661437679648.png
  • SSC Extra 1 HD, SSC Extra 2 HD, and SSC Extra 3 HD has launched, while SSC Extra 1 SD and SSC Extra 2 has replaced SSC 6 SD and SSC 7 SD.
1661437757481.png
1661437858657.png

Last edited:

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ
This update page could speculate that MTV Asia feed would completely close and replace with MTV 90s in Asia?
https://www.mysky.com.ph/metromanila/updates/1595/2022/08/23/rebranding-of-mtv-asia-to-mtv-90s
UPDATE:
According to Singtel TV EPG, MTV Asia will close on September 1, 2022 at 5:30am SGT and will replace with MTV 90s.
Screenshot_20220826_105336.jpg

The last program on MTV Asia will be MTV Diary: Christina Aguilera, however the first program on MTV 90s (Asian sub-feed) will be "Non-Stop Europop Hits!".

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts