Cartoon Network International News Thread 13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVArchive

by the way, Cartoon Network duplicated cartoons for Russia (+ CIS and Baltic) in the 90s and in the early 00s for VHS cassettes.

Some dubbing was used for the test in 1999-2005 (let me remind you that the Russian soundtrack was very rarely tested during that period).

But in April 2005, most of the cartoons were re-dubbed.

For example, "Powerpuff Girls" was originally referred to as "super devchonki". this name was even registered by Cartoon Network.

In April 2005, it began to be released under the name "super kroshki".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905-175227_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20220905-175227_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 48

Alexkik

by the way, Cartoon Network duplicated cartoons for Russia (+ CIS and Baltic) in the 90s and in the early 00s for VHS cassettes.

Some dubbing was used for the test in 1999-2005 (let me remind you that the Russian soundtrack was very rarely tested during that period).

But in April 2005, most of the cartoons were re-dubbed.

For example, "Powerpuff Girls" was originally referred to as "super devchonki". this name was even registered by Cartoon Network.

In April 2005, it began to be released under the name "super kroshki".
The first studio that dubbed PowerPuff Girls was "Most-Video". It was the first studio in Russia to receive exclusive rights from Warner Brothers in 1999, but even after 2005 , the first dubbing sometimes came across on the air.

The second studio that re-dubbed in 2005 was "Selena International"

RegularCapital

Staff member
Some good news, Jonathan Guetta, a French Media producer that has contacts at Warner Bros. Discovery France has interviewed a representative at the company, it seems that the Redraw Your World rebrand is coming to the EMEA region soon, although there's no date as of yet.

The rebrand is currently in progress, but at the moment the company is dealing with the bureaucracy of merging the Discovery and WarnerMedia teams.

This is a reputable source, because:

1. He has connections in the French media and animation industry including WBD and Annecy.
2. Cartoon Network France follows him on Twitter.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Of course, they couldn't realistically keep the channels in the current state forever, it was a matter of when.

Still, why does it have to be so late all the time?
EMEA is a complex region, which I think is the reason why it takes a long time.

I have a theory that Cartoon Network UK went into "Teen Titans Go! mode" during this month to buy them some time to do the graphics for the rebrand, they didn't have to worry about doing any other promos during the Summer and during September. We could be seeing the rebrand by October Half-Term or Christmas at the latest.

NixcoBox12

Also known as pizzabob, also a dubbing archiver
Some good news, Jonathan Guetta, a French Media producer that has contacts at Warner Bros. Discovery France has interviewed a representative at the company, it seems that the Redraw Your World rebrand is coming to the EMEA region soon, although there's no date as of yet.

The rebrand is currently in progress, but at the moment the company is dealing with the bureaucracy of merging the Discovery and WarnerMedia teams.

This is a reputable source, because:

1. He has connections in the French media and animation industry including WBD and Annecy.
2. Cartoon Network France follows him on Twitter.
At least it’s coming at some point, now, we can discuss dates again

TVArchive

The first studio that dubbed PowerPuff Girls was "Most-Video". It was the first studio in Russia to receive exclusive rights from Warner Brothers in 1999, but even after 2005 , the first dubbing sometimes came across on the air.

The second studio that re-dubbed in 2005 was "Selena International"
In 1999, Studio "Most-Video" was dubbed by Space Ghost, Powerpuff Girls, Jonny Bravo, I am weasel, Dexter, cow and chicken. Also, these cartoons were registered by Cartoon Network in 1999 in the Russian registry.

Probably, these dubs were used when testing the soundtrack. But for some reason, some of these cartoons were re-dubbed in 2005.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-201715_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-201715_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20220906-201752_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-201752_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20220906-201743_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-201743_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20220906-201819_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-201819_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 41

burak822

Jade Armor is coming soon to Cartoon Network EMEA/MENA.

J10

Jade Armor is coming soon to Cartoon Network EMEA/MENA.

You forgot this link, but still the description is in English.

StrikersSeventyOG

You forgot this link, but still the description is in English.
Let's go I gonna love that show once it premiered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts