"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Huh, I guess Matt doesn't hide his identity from her...
MCU and secret identities, eh? lol.

I wonder if they'll allude to him instead o_O.
Yeah, they could be cheeky about it. Him being a butthead and declining, saying he's "busy" -- something in the vein of his cameo on What We Do In The Shadows season 1.

Frontier

Staff member
MCU and secret identities, eh? lol.
At least nobody knows who Spider-Man is anymore :rolleyes2:.
Yeah, they could be cheeky about it. Him being a butthead and declining, saying he's "busy" -- something in the vein of his cameo on What We Do In The Shadows season 1.
Maybe he only hunts vampires :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Kind of wonder how they'd approach it because they did some stuff I would've expected them to do in season 2...

Hopefully they use more from the comics this time (especially in terms of villains).
9/17: Yeah, it will be a tricky slope of how much they answer in The Marvels and if not all of it, then how much will then continue into season 2. Which on the other hand will be irksome to some fans who don't like having to keep up with shows to understand what's going on in the movies. Or do they answer it all in The Marvels and season 2 would be a new storyline, i.e. an easier jumping off point.

If they didn't plan it from the start, they could retroactively use The Inventor for instance. As I believe that Kamala hung out on his roof in season 1.

9/19: Now Moon Knight again rumored to have been renewed for a second season.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I think it makes sense they'd bring back more old characters despite it not being a traditional follow-up :).

And it's not Daredevil without Foggy Nelson ;).
Trying to catch up with Tony :p.

Kind of wonder what the context is...having to upgrade/alter the suit on the fly :confused:.
I think it was part of the rumor that they'd end up knocking boots...
What will he design next :rolleyes2:?
Now we're bumping up minor yet memorable characters o_O.

Frontier

Staff member
Or who built these suits? Or was it from Tony before his death and Rhodey/USAF had them in stashed?
I guess it's possible there are spare War Machine suits or Tony left Rhodey with one last suit he designed for him...or maybe Rhodey has to go through all his old armors o_O.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I guess it's possible there are spare War Machine suits or Tony left Rhodey with one last suit he designed for him...or maybe Rhodey has to go through all his old armors o_O.
True. Plus, we're still learning new things about the time skip between IW and EG like Hulk's island. He was building the Rescue suit by the time of EG. Maybe he got a bunch of ideas and built some more War Machine suits.

Frontier

Staff member
True. Plus, we're still learning new things about the time skip between IW and EG like Hulk's island. He was building the Rescue suit by the time of EG. Maybe he got a bunch of ideas and built some more War Machine suits.
If I remember right, wasn't his EG armor an old or repainted Iron Patriot suit?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If I remember right, wasn't his EG armor an old or repainted Iron Patriot suit?
All I recall is the Mark VI was destroyed during 2014 Thanos' assault but Scott found the Mark V in the ruins of the Avengers compound so Rhodey used it during the final battle and that was the one that had Iron Patriot's colors but super bulky. Tony had to have made Mark IV to VI post-Civil War at the earliest. IV definitely because that was in IW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts