"Avengers: Secret Wars" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

the greenman

Yeah, I guess he deserves it, but at the same time I miss the filmmaker Coogler. I would've liked to see him do new projects. I know he had one scheduled with Jordan about a school teacher. Would like to see him spread his wings a little is all. Honestly, Rian Johnson, is the same to me too. His Knives Out detective is a fun little series in the making. Though he could stand to do a trilogy of those for now, and if he wants to do his Star Wars stuff as producer; fine. Just miss his regular stuff.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Honestly, Rian Johnson, is the same to me too. His Knives Out detective is a fun little series in the making. Though he could stand to do a trilogy of those for now, and if he wants to do his Star Wars stuff as producer; fine. Just miss his regular stuff.

Not to get too off topic but IMHO from what I've seen of Johnson he's best when sticking to stuff likes Knives Out. Since I felt Looper was a movie whose first half was really good but lost... most of it's likeability when it went to the farm house and Last Jedi was another movie that was half good and half pretty eh. Knives Out though was a lot more focused where both of it's two parts really worked and were in great tandem with one another.

More on topic though if Coogler gets the position I have a feeling his next movie would be a lot more low stakes. Because quite frankly Coogler since becoming a major film director has gone from project to project of more and more note. Fruitvale Station was sort of a lower indie level film; Creed though from a franchise was a mid budget ranged franchise that was much more character focused then like story or big spectacle focus. Black Panther obviously had those things in it though being the major big budget film and Wakanda Forever is supposedly Marvel's biggest non Avengers movie to date. But you know Avengers 6 would be even bigger then that so if Coogler gets it that would be the height of bigness so I'm sure would want something smaller to do after it.

Frontier

Staff member
I've got mixed feelings about Waldron writing it like Frontier. Not surprised. He was good in Loki and the Multiverse of Madness but it reminds of that scene in The Life Aquatic when that guy at the red carpet asks Steve who he's gonna kill next.
I think Feige likes having a point man who is used to adapting to on-demand plot changes or castings...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts