Nick on Paramount+

Moe

but Fred wolf went out of business in 1999/2000
But wikipedia said Fred Wolf’s company got resurrected in 2013.

I found a information from Reddit.
The 1987 series is owned by producer Fred Wolf. He licensed the show's home video rights to Family Home Entertainment (now known as Lionsgate) back in 1988. TMNT (1987) hasn't been aired on American television since 1997.

I have to agree with @AdrenalineRush1996

Markus Nelis

There could be more Ninja Turtles soon. It's not like they're going to add everything right away since otherwise they run out of content.

Moe

There could be more Ninja Turtles soon. It's not like they're going to add everything right away since otherwise they run out of content.
'12 TMNT is likely to add to Paramount+ after exclusive deal with Hulu expires - in the US only

Second season of Rise of the TMNT will be added to Paramount+ based on one year rule, so Viacom add recent content to Paramount+ after season concluded.

'87 TMNT and Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation are unlikely goes to Paramount+ so you have to read a statement in Reddit that I shared, but it would be miracle if one or both gets added to Paramount+.

Viacom could consider to have a new series for TMNT but they treated TMNT poorly by moved to Nicktoons channel that is well known for dumping ground, so I do think that new TMNT series are better suited for Paramount+.

For myself, I'm longtime TMNT fan, I found a move by Viacom or Nick is insulting and disrespectful to TMNT fans.

Last edited:

Moe

How are they disrespecting TMNT when they already have some TMNT on P+. Like I said, they can't add everything at once.
No, it isn't about P+. I'm talking about event before P+ was exist.

Nick did move '12 TMNT and Rise of the TMNT from main Nick channel to Nicktoons channel that is notoriously dumping ground that upset a lot of members in here and TMNT fans outside of this forum. Of course, I was angry at Nick at that time but I decided to buy rest of TMNT series to support their development team that worked hard to make TV shows and films. Those situation is heavily related to the US but I can't speak for other countries.

Clarification: It isn't about Viacom but it was Nick who made a decision, so I felt that TMNT may get better treatment on P+ instead of Nick.

Markus Nelis

You should know that the reason Nick puts shows on NickToons is because not enough people support these shows on the main Nick channel. No reason to keep a show that doesn't do well.

Moe

You should know that the reason Nick puts shows on NickToons is because not enough people support these shows on the main Nick channel. No reason to keep a show that doesn't do well.
I disagree and there is no excuse for Nick did like those. TMNT is popular enough but Nick marketed it poorly.

Most kids don't have access to Nicktoons channel because it is restricted to digital tier and it means you have to pay more for digital tier, at least in the US.

Markus Nelis

You do realize that Nick's strategy is only to keep the shows that are in the levels of Loud House and SpongeBob ratings. They care about money.

Failed shows = they lose a lot of money.

And it makes sense in the business. They know a lot what they're doing, we only know couple of things.

Moe

You do realize that Nick's strategy is only to keep the shows that are in the levels of Loud House and SpongeBob ratings. They care about money.
Yes, I know about you means and they relied on toy sale to determine the success of IP.

Many kids no longer interest in toys nowadays and I think it is bad deal to measure the rating based on toy sale.

Some ratings may be unreliable or underestimate.

Failed shows = they lose a lot of money.
It didn't make a big impact because they got most revenues from ads. The big issue has with Nick's marketing in IP.

And it makes sense in the business. They know a lot what they're doing, we only know couple of things.
Right, I have no control about what Nick wanted with their channel. CN and Disney aren't doing much better either.

That is past and I just moving on. I have a lot of hopes for P+ and they have a lot of potential, also better measurement and accuracy for rating too, however I will never forgive Nick about what they did.

Markus Nelis

That's fine. At least a lot of people forgive them. They can't be perfect but at the same time they know what they want to do. They have a lot of experience in the TV business.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
I disagree with your statement, shows should at least be allowed to find an audience before getting dumped to Nicktoons. Problem with Nick is they're impatient and will instantly kill of a show that isn't doing SpongeBob/Loud House numbers. I understand not every show will be a hit but back then Nick at least give their shows a decent amount of air time (or at the very least the 6am/7am time) but now they don't even bother to try. I get they want money as they are a business but they shouldn't give up on a show that isn't a rating success off the gate, heck SpongeBob wasn't getting great numbers when it first started airing.

Markus Nelis

This is your opinion, not a fact. I shared my opinion and since you still argue, I'm not even trying to explain more to you since you probably don't understand.

Streaker Prower

I Hope Paramount+ makes a Sonic Cartoon based on the 2020 movie of the same name, done inhouse at Nickelodeon Animation Studios and the show's animation was outsourced to seven animation studios:
  • Jam Filled Entertainment (which worked on the animation for Thomas and Friends (Seasons 17-24), The Loud House and DC Super Hero Girls (2019)),
  • Mercury Filmworks (which worked on Wander Over Yonder),
  • Rough Draft Korea (which worked on a majority of productions from the Nickelodeon Animation Studio like The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life, SpongeBob SquarePants, My Life as a Teenage Robot and The Patrick Star Show and the animation of The Simpsons and Ben 10: Omniverse),
  • AKOM (which worked on the animation for The Tracey Ullman Show (The Simpsons shorts), Transformers (Seasons 3-4) and The Simpsons),
  • Yowza Animation (which worked on the animation for Osmosis Jones),
  • Snipple Animation (which worked on DuckTales (2017), Looney Tunes Cartoons, the Animaniacs revival, and Green Eggs and Ham (2019))
  • TMS Entertainment (which worked on Sonic X and the animation for Batman: The Animated Series, Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Pinky and The Brain),
  • Tonic DNA (which would later work on Looney Tunes Cartoons and the Animaniacs revival),

CartoonLover2604

This is your opinion, not a fact. I shared my opinion and since you still argue, I'm not even trying to explain more to you since you probably don't understand.
Well agree to disagree then, apologizes if I came off as rude. I wasn't trying to start a fight with ya. I just wish Nick would be a bit more patient with shows but then again I'm not in the target audience so it is what it is…

kpgamingz

I disagree with your statement, shows should at least be allowed to find an audience before getting dumped to Nicktoons. Problem with Nick is they're impatient and will instantly kill of a show that isn't doing SpongeBob/Loud House numbers. I understand not every show will be a hit but back then Nick at least give their shows a decent amount of air time (or at the very least the 6am/7am time) but now they don't even bother to try. I get they want money as they are a business but they shouldn't give up on a show that isn't a rating success off the gate, heck SpongeBob wasn't getting great numbers when it first started airing.

Nick didn’t really do anything wrong with the TMNT franchise.

Remember that Nickelodeon is a kids network targeting kids not grownups.

The reason Rise was moved to Nicktoons was because kids were barely watching it like TLH or Spongebob. It was not because of marketing. Nick promoted the show a lot. (Trust me I watched a bunch of Rise ads on YT before it premiered)

Rise had its chance on Nick and it didn’t work like The Owl House or Amphibia. Just hope for the best after the Rise Movie on Netflix and try to get a spin-off instead.

Markus Nelis

See the message above:

You got more reasons why Nick won't air TMNT anymore. Plus there's already Paramount+ to get your TMNT content anywhere. Even 24/7 for you.

CartoonLover2604

Nick didn’t really do anything wrong with the TMNT franchise.

Remember that Nickelodeon is a kids network targeting kids not grownups.

The reason Rise was moved to Nicktoons was because kids were barely watching it like TLH or Spongebob. It was not because of marketing. Nick promoted the show a lot. (Trust me I watched a bunch of Rise ads on YT before it premiered)

Rise had its chance on Nick and it didn’t work like The Owl House or Amphibia. Just hope for the best after the Rise Movie on Netflix and try to get a spin-off instead.
Rise I don't think was selling enough merchandise like the 2012 version did so that was also a big factor in it getting screwed (though it's getting a movie so it kind of won in the end).

Again, I am aware I'm not in Nick's target demographic. I'm not a big fan of Patrick Star Show or Kamp Koral but I know kids probably love them and that's ok. This might just be wishful thinking on my part but I wish when Nick is appealing to older audiences, it's not just nostalgia but original stuff too. (But then again, nostalgia is what makes more money so I can see why from a business standpoint).

Markus Nelis

The reason SpongeBob is still on because they get a lot of money out of it so I don't think it has a lot to do with nostalgia. I barely see the channel being nostalgic nowadays.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts