General International TV Channels Thread

RegularCapital

Staff member
The debut of the new BBC1 logo with the temporary idents and the 4 different regions in one.
The four home-nations to be more accurate England (the English region is only mentioned during opt-outs, before news bulletins or local programming), Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

J10

Before it relaunched, BBC Alba has slightly change the DOG.

Few hours later, BBC Alba has relaunched, and the font for the timer is not as reithed as BBC News/World News. Shouldn’t the countdown be Reithed. Also, the closedown is also included on the first day of new look.

Also, that’s BBC Four New Look Startup after CBeebies closure.

J10

Two days left for TNT RO/PL to become Warner TV. The Polish website domain has became known as “WarnerTV.pl”, instead of “TNT-TV.pl”. The old domains of both TNT Poland & TNT Romania has redirected to newer ones instead.

J10

ITV made fun of the BBC's logo change, with a joke that the font in the Good Morning Britain logo was changed to Brush Script.
And two hours and quarter later…

BBC has said “Coronation Street on ITV1 at 19:30”, instead of saying ITV.

Will ITV be angry and upset after this?

RegularCapital

Staff member
ITV made fun of the BBC's logo change, with a joke that the font in the Good Morning Britain logo was changed to Brush Script.
BBC has the last laugh, their branding has always been somewhat consistant and the purpose of the rebranding is actually to save money in the long run, meanwhile ITV always struggled to have an identity of their own.

Also, on the topic of Brush Script look at this from one of ITV's Good Morning Britain's predecessors, GMTV:

EEXqqhJWsAA3Gxe.jpg

Insidus

G4 owned by Comcast Spectator is launching next month with plans to rollout globally, according to the press release on their website. What is to become of the UK brand Ginx TV?

Ginx TV is owned by Sky with G4 owned by Comcast Spectator. Sky and Comcast Spectator are owned by Comcast, is it possible a rebrand is underway or could some of G4 content get added through Ginx TV?

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
G4 owned by Comcast Spectator is launching next month with plans to rollout globally, according to the press release on their website. What is to become of the UK brand Ginx TV?

Ginx TV is owned by Sky with G4 owned by Comcast Spectator. Sky and Comcast Spectator are owned by Comcast, is it possible a rebrand is underway or could some of G4 content get added through Ginx TV?

AFAIK, ITV is also involved in Ginx. Unless they dropped their side of the joint venture?

RONTV

J10

CGTN-Arabic HD has been launched on Arabsat Badr 6. The SD feed would cease transmission in the near soon.
image.jpg
image.jpg

1634855530846.jpeg

Insidus

ViacomCBS announced that they were rebranding Paramount Network into Paramount Movies Network in 2021 with the hopes to have original movies. Since then there's been no updates.

Wouldn't be shocked if it was delayed or shelved likely due to Paramount+. Either way it wouldn't surprise me if the channel closed completely with nothing in its place.

J10

ViacomCBS announced that they were rebranding Paramount Network into Paramount Movies Network in 2021 with the hopes to have original movies. Since then there's been no updates.
Currently, that's in the US. Still, there are channels under Paramount Network (e.g. Paramount Network Asia).

In other news, as NBA started the season, beIN SPORTS MENA didn't air the first matches. Elsewhere, beIN SPORTS France is airing NBA, and unaffected from beIN SPORTS MENA's issue.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Something that I haven't talked about is that the Sky channels (outside the movie channels) have implemented PIN protection for pre-Watershed programming (this actually happened in August 2020, following a change in Ofcom rules), I was watching Sky Comedy earlier (A show called Our Cartoon President) rated 15 and had to type in the PIN, even when I change the channel and go back to it.

Last edited:

J10

Currently, that's in the US. Still, there are channels under Paramount Network (e.g. Paramount Network Asia).

In other news, as NBA started the season, beIN SPORTS MENA didn't air the first matches. Elsewhere, beIN SPORTS France is airing NBA, and unaffected from beIN SPORTS MENA's issue.
Paul Fadel has said it’s not right that beIN lost the right. More details soon!!

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I find it strange that Nat Geo HU still used the older loop, in spite of the Polish sub-feed by that point already having new animated testcard during downtime (in the video below testcard kicks in at 3:04):
I'm surprised someone recorded something as obscure as this lol.

MediaClub and Atmedia will increase ad prices next year by 5-10%.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts