Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus Nelis

Those shows were cancelled some go as far as 2017

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk
Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?, Tom and Jerry in New York, Looney Tunes Cartoons still air. Plus they have a lot of European acquisitions. Still that doesn't mean Boomerang will shut down anytime soon even if you try to disagree with me.

Insidus

Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?, Tom and Jerry in New York, Looney Tunes Cartoons still air. Plus they have a lot of European acquisitions. Still that doesn't mean Boomerang will shut down anytime soon even if you try to disagree with me.
Streamlining is where I'm getting at with my argument. Unlike Universal Kids, at least Boomerang managed to incorporate preschool programming to their lineup meaning if it had to become Cartoonito the affect would be small.

Don't turn to popularity as a justification for Boomerang. If you learnt anything from Disney XD, no one is safe one minute viewers find a channel they grow attached to next moment it's taken away.

When Disney announced that XD would no longer have original content most thought the channel would stick around and become another Nicktoons look what how that turned out internationally.

I'm sure you can adjust to change if my scenario became a reality. I can see both our scenarios work out as it is WarnerMedia doesn't look concerned about how much they're making through carriage agreements.

For all we know Cartoon Network, Cartoonito, Toonami and Boomerang will follow DreamWorks Channel and become a reruns graveyard for HBO Max.

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

Markus Nelis

I never said that popularity is the only justification. Also this isn't Disney. Disney is Disney and they focus on a lot on Disney+. Disney can shut down it's channels because of streaming but WarnerMedia isn't shutting down or changing names anytime soon just because HBO Max becomes a thing. Disney has shut down a ton of channels around the world but yet WarnerMedia hasn't started shutting down even 1 Boomerang channel yet. I can understand some of your points there BUT like I said, let's see what happens.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I never said that popularity is the only justification. Also this isn't Disney. Disney is Disney and they focus on a lot on Disney+. Disney can shut down it's channels because of streaming but WarnerMedia isn't shutting down or changing names anytime soon just because HBO Max becomes a thing. Disney has shut down a ton of channels around the world but yet WarnerMedia hasn't started shutting down even 1 Boomerang channel yet. I can understand some of your points there BUT like I said, let's see what happens.
Turning Boomerang into Cartoonito is not the same as shutting down the channel. Boomerang already focuses on age 4-7. Cartoonito can focus on age 1-7 or even 1-6.

Boomerang is definitely safe in the UK and Italy. Warner Media EMEA has already said that it currently isn't planning to close down channels. However, that doesn't mean channels can't change names.

(Boomerang Spain was shut down, by the way.)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A202F met Tapatalk

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
- So yeah, Idk what schedule did @CNFan89x receive with different program and no Boomerang Playground block. I am kinda curious, maybe it was a very early version of the line-up changed before it was completely scrapped, or what was it? I would like to know :D The schedule I received, as you can see, has the same program with minor changes as usual. Yes, the Playground block will be shorter but only on weekends, when the T&J/Scooby holiday block comes over by taking one hour of Playground. On weekdays it will just stay the same.

(All times CET; changes are bolded; slots in jungle green are part of Boomerang Playground)

06.00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? / Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! (from 19/11)
07.00 The Tom and Jerry Show / NEW Tom and Jerry in New York (from 16/11)

07.30 The Tom and Jerry Show
07.50 Lamput (one short)
08.00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
08.50 Lamput (one short)
09.00 Mush-Mush and The Mushtables
09.30 Pat the Dog
10.00 Kingdom Force
/ Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry (weekends; from 27/10)
10.30 Grizzy and The Lemmings / Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry (weekends; from 27/10)
11.00 Alice and Lewis / Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry (weekends; from 27/10)
11.30 Baby Looney Tunes / Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry (weekends; from 27/10)
12.00 Ben 10 (reboot) / Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry (weekends; from 27/10)
13.00 New Looney Tunes / Looney Tunes Cartoons (from 22/11) / Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry (weekends; from 27/10)
14.00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
14.50 Lamput (one short)
15.00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? / Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! (from 18/11)
16.00 The Tom and Jerry Show / NEW Tom and Jerry in New York (from 15/11)
16.30 The Tom and Jerry Show
16.50 Lamput (one short)
17.00 Mush-Mush and The Mushtables
17.30 Pat the Dog
18.00 Kingdom Force
18.30 Grizzy and The Lemmings
19.00 Alice and Lewis
19.30 Baby Looney Tunes

20.00 New Looney Tunes / Looney Tunes Cartoons (from 22/11)
21.00 Mr Magoo (2019)
21.50 Lamput (one short)
22.00 Taffy
23.00 Alice and Lewis
23.50 Lamput (one short)
00.00 Pat the Dog
01.00 Mush-Mush and The Mushtables
02.00 Power Players
02.50 Lamput (one short)
03.00 Taffy
04.00 Alice and Lewis
05.00 Pat the Dog
05.50 Lamput (one short, but only on random days; depends on Pat's episodes lenght)
@Daffyrocks The schedule i've got is from German sources (like Sky or something else) and it hasn't changed. Now i'm a bit confused... You may know it better, I don't really know why the schedules are that different. But we will see...

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

Turning Boomerang into Cartoonito is not the same as shutting down the channel. Boomerang already focuses on age 4-7. Cartoonito can focus on age 1-7 or even 1-6.

Boomerang is definitely safe in the UK and Italy. Warner Media EMEA has already said that it currently isn't planning to close down channels. However, that doesn't mean channels can't change names.

I get what you're saying but I think it's for the best if there's a Cartoonito as a block. They can even do 50/50 where Cartoonito airs 12 hours a day and Boomerang airs the other 12 hours a day. That way there doesn't have to be a name change.

One reason I don't want the channel to turn Cartoonito 24/7 since Tom and Jerry and Scooby-Doo are well established franchises and Boomerang is home of these shows.

I think it's a huge risk if or when they change the name since Boomerang overall seems to be more well-known than Cartoonito even if Boomerang already is preschool-ish at some content.

Yes, I knew that Boomerang Spain was shut down but I was talking about WarnerMedia era really.

guimax

SKY Brazil is sending messages to subscribers announcing that Boomerang will be replaced by Cartoonito on December 1st:

cartoonito-boomerang.jpg

J10

SKY Brazil is sending messages to subscribers announcing that Boomerang will be replaced by Cartoonito on December 1st:

cartoonito-boomerang.jpg

Why not replace Tooncast? They should replace it because it's unnecessary these days due to HBO Max, and it's neither 16:9 nor HD.

They're doing the same in Latin America just like what happen to Boomerang in Spain before Cartoonito Spain got closed in 2013.

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!

cartoonito-boomerang.jpg

I was expecting Discovery Kids to close given the fact that several current and former DK LA shows were featured in the Cartoonito montage and are also on HBO Max LA (among them, Curious George, Esme & Roy, Pocoyo, Caillou, and Sesame Street (though it's the US series and not the LA/BR shows)).

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level

cartoonito-boomerang.jpg

Boom LA & BR is becoming (permanently) Cartoonito LA & BR in time for the holidays. I might think that all content seen on Boomerang will move to Cartoon Network LA & BR.

J10

So there's a sign that some international Boomerang channels are getting replaced by Cartoonito
My prediction:
  • In MENA/Sub-Saharan/Turkey, Cartoonito would be a block, on CN (Arabic/Turkey) and Boomerang (Africa/MENA).
  • UK & Italy remains with Boomerang and Cartoonito as standalone channels.
  • Boomerang CEE would split into feeds and become Cartoonito after the split in Benelux, CEE countries, and DACH market.
So I guess that if DK LA were to be replaced, how about Boing? But what color will the logo be? Blue like Spain? Red like the other Boings?
I guess red (used in Chile (for their short-lived block on Chilevision), Italy, Africa, and France), as blue was used in Spain. They should merge both Discovery Kids and Tooncast together.

It was red in Chile as in this promo.

Last edited:

Francisque

cartoonito-boomerang.jpg

Then I guess Latin America is "doomed" as well

Why not replace Tooncast? They should replace it because it's unnecessary these days due to HBO Max, and it's neither 16:9 nor HD.

They're doing the same in Latin America just like what happen to Boomerang in Spain before Cartoonito Spain got closed in 2013.
Restricted availability, likely

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Latin America has Tooncast. Surely all programs on Boomerang can be divided between CN, Cartoonito and Tooncast.

Even though I don't think Cartoonito will replace Boomerang everywhere (it can just become a block on CN or on Boomerang), let's not forget that CN currently has very few programs! If Cartoonito replaces Boomerang, then most Warner Bros shows can go to CN and some can stay on Cartoonito.

Boomerang doesn't HAVE to be the home of modern Warner Bros shows. CN is perfectly suited for that as well. There is enough space on the channel for all non-preschool WarnerMedia programs.

Honestly the conservative view here perplexes me a little bit. Just go look at the American CN schedules from the 2000s. It had CN Studios originals, Kids WB reruns and other WB shows. It is clear that some CN feeds will turn into something like that. Looking at CN NL's schedule, that's exactly what's happening here. CN NL currently has 7 programs from CN Studios, 7 from Warner Bros, Gumball, Monster Beach and 3 acquisitions.

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love

RegularCapital

Staff member

You're right in saying that there's no plans to close WarnerMedia kids channels in EMEA (at least for the foreseeable future), as I originally found the source. Cartoon Network International News Thread 9.0

Hypothetically, considering that Boomerang has a HD feed in the UK and has a lower viewing share than Cartoonito, it could very well be that Boomerang closes when HBO Max launches here, with Cartoonito taking Boomerang's HD feed.

In Italy, Cartoonito is more important than Boomerang due to its reach on free-to-air television, the main use for Boomerang is the +1 service mainly used for special programming stunts, but with HBO Max potentially coming, this can be rather pointless.

Sky in both countries are likely to have HBO Max, due to the current deal with Discovery+, of which Discovery and WarnerMedia are currently organising a merger.

The Boomerang streaming service in the U.S. hasn't had any new content for ages, and any changes on the actual TV channel has been sporadic.

Things that I hope if there's any streamlining of channels:

1. Warner Bros. Animation shows based on classic properties will have more attention and focus on Cartoon Network.
2. Cartoon Network's variety will increase.
3. Cartoon Network will be airing more original content and less time for marathons, if viewers really want a marathon they can just binge-watch on HBO Max.
4. A lot of Boomerang's content is for younger audiences (especially the third-party programming), it would be more suited for a Cartoonito channel, also to maintain some consistency with the U.S. version.

The new demographics could be:

Cartoonito: 2-7 years old
Cartoon Network: 7-12 years old

EDIT and other points: The default colour for Boing is Red, I guess they used a light blue in Spain to separate it from the other Mediaset brands. Tooncast, a channel with limited distribution, has little purpose with HBO Max.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts