Disney International Channel Closures Thread

jokerbeans2091

I have a fear of that Disney Channel might be close down in the US

the US should be ok for another 5 years it is higher than most of the channels that lost subscribers and it still makes the company A LOT of revenue and profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jokerbeans2091

idk maybe we can change this name to Disney Networks getting shut down thread since even more of these networks are getting axed in the next few years maybe the moderators can do that?

Disney would likely to kill FXX, Nat Geo Wild, Disney XD, FXM, ESPN News and ESPN U before they touch Disney Channel.

FXM, DXD, and other low rated disney networks no one cares for should be axed honestly.

FXM, DXD, and other low rated disney networks no one cares for should be axed honestly.

i don’t see ABC getting axed because that’s an broadcast network and it’s literally the highest rated network there

Insidus

But Disney XD is more likely to Shut down once ESPN Classic shuts down
They are airing reruns of AFV so oh well and I'm guessing Disney Channel International will be a thing of the past by 2025 seeing that Africa has those channels until 2024. I'm certain that region won't be alone in the linear space

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I don’t see ABC getting axed because that’s an broadcast network and it’s literally the highest rated network there.
Correct. The only time a major US TV network was shut down was back in 1956 when the Dumont Network was shut down and again in 2006 when The WB and UPN merged to become The CW.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
DXD has turned to internal programming in order to stay afloat, "internal" in the sense of being limited to DXD USA without chances of exporting it (DXD Asia when it existed, maybe, because they were the only non-American feed to air its video game programming)

Francisque

I think even Disney XD might be relatively safe in the US, due to the fact US is a big country and the fact that cable channel contracts are still a difficult thing, so that they might want to play safe and keep the thing going for some time.

Disney Channel and Disney Junior (US), even more

RegularCapital

Staff member

Good to hear that the channels are staying and on one of America's largest cable TV providers, unlike Comcast's British subsidiary - Sky (although I think that was mostly Disney's decision, otherwise the closure of Sky Cinema Disney wouldn't make much sense and Sky probably wanted to pay a fair price for the viewing share the channels were getting, the real reason was Disney+).

Also the press release vaguely refers to the channels as "the Disney branded channels" and doesn't mention them individually, makes me think Disney XD is going but in the press release it's expressed in a way without instilling any concern.

Last edited:

Insidus

The media including myself believe that Africa will lose their Disney Channel and Disney Junior by the end of 2023 round it up you get 2024.

One thing I'm expecting from all of this is for some markets to still not have Disney+ kind of like Asia.

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts