2022 on Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, HBO Max, and Cartoonito

Asa

We Baby Bears premieres in New Year.
You correctly speculated that

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I have two:
  • Cartoon Network Studios is entirely folded into Warner Bros. Animation, with CN's Burbank studio being used as WBA's satellite studio until Warner Bros' "Iceberg" buildings are completed and opened, where WBA, along with the WBA and CNS artists, are moved to.
  • Warner Bros., not Cartoon Network, does revival projects for CN's older shows.

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
  • Cartoon Network Studios is entirely folded into Warner Bros. Animation, with CN's Burbank studio being used as WBA's satellite studio until Warner Bros' "Iceberg" buildings are completed and opened, where WBA, along with the WBA and CNS artists, are moved to.
I don't get this one. Why would Warner Brothers Animation dissolve Cartoon Network Studios? CN is an internationally recognized brand that's showing no sign of waning. Even if this were to happen, it's not likely that WB would stop using the Cartoon Network Studios name.
  • Warner Bros., not Cartoon Network, does revival projects for CN's older shows.
I'm puzzled by this as well. This implies that Warner Bros. and Cartoon Network are separate entities, when in fact Warner Media owns Cartoon Network. Or are you just saying that any new CN project would be followed by the Warner Bros. Animation logo instead of the CN Studios logo?

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
You correctly speculated that
Oh, I guess my prediction about premiere in Spring was wrong. :sweat:

Asa

I also predict we will finally see the release date of the upcoming Ben 10 live-action series that's been announced since 2019.

SpongieLoud

Bingo Bango!
Here’s my predictions for CN, AS, Cartoonito, & Boomerang in 2022.

Cartoon Network-
Total Dramarama, Apple & Onion, DC Superhero Girls, & Mao Mao will end. Mao Mao S2 will be stealth dropped on HBO Max. The Powerpuff World show will be announced which will be a spin off on HBO Max. Ben 10 gets another sequel show ordered.

Lego Ninjago will return for another season but will be on a new network or streamer and not CN.

Jade Armor will premiere in late Spring, Total Drama Island around May or June on CN first then later on HBO Max. Tiny Toon Looniversity premieres in July on HBO Max and in September on CN. Tom and Jerry In New York will air on CN in January. Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs will air in March . New Summer Camp Island episodes from Max will air on CN in the Summer, probably July or Aug. Dodo will premiere late 2022 possibly delayed til 2023 on CN first then on Max. The new iteration of Cartoon Cartoons airs Saturday mornings. CN will air more classics to the schedule to celebrate its 30 anniversary and will go all out like they did in 2012.

ACME Night will expand to Saturdays and that will be for their original tv shows like Unicorn Warriors, Aquaman, Gremlins, & Max episodes of Infinity Train. It would probably expand in starting in the summer and this would also serve as the launch lineup of originals. Also classic shows like Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes will air there occasionally.

Cartoonito- The block will return to 6-2pm for now and CN will be airing from 2-9pm. New shows that will air on CN’s Cartoonito would be Little Ellen TV premiere, Ladybird Lu, Dylan, Wind in the Wallows, Jessica’s Big Little World, & Tom and Jerry Time. Also, more acquired shows will be picked up on the network like the Strawberry Shortcake Berry in the City Show, Fireman Sam, etc. HBO Max will get Bugs Bunny Builders and Batwheels first before it’s CN premiere. A Care Bears : Unlock the Music show will be ordered as well as a new Bob the Builder show.

Boomerang- The streaming service will be axed late 2022. It will become a hub on HBO Max for classic animation. The Boomerang channel will close in 2023 and will be on auto pilot all of 2022.

WB Discovery will announce a relaunch of Kids WB’ as a cable channel which will now be Discovery Family’s replacement for a 2023 launch.

Pibby will get a series ordered for Adult Swim & HBO Max.

flashfunk03

I have two:
Bad take my guy.

flashfunk03

Here’s my predictions for CN, AS, Cartoonito, & Boomerang in 2022.

Cartoon Network-
Total Dramarama, Apple & Onion, DC Superhero Girls, & Mao Mao will end. Mao Mao S2 will be stealth dropped on HBO Max. The Powerpuff World show will be announced which will be a spin off on HBO Max. Ben 10 gets another sequel show ordered.

Lego Ninjago will return for another season but will be on a new network or streamer and not CN.

Jade Armor will premiere in late Spring, Total Drama Island around May or June on CN first then later on HBO Max. Tiny Toon Looniversity premieres in July on HBO Max and in September on CN. Tom and Jerry In New York will air on CN in January. Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs will air in March . New Summer Camp Island episodes from Max will air on CN in the Summer, probably July or Aug. Dodo will premiere late 2022 possibly delayed til 2023 on CN first then on Max. The new iteration of Cartoon Cartoons airs Saturday mornings. CN will air more classics to the schedule to celebrate its 30 anniversary and will go all out like they did in 2012.

ACME Night will expand to Saturdays and that will be for their original tv shows like Unicorn Warriors, Aquaman, Gremlins, & Max episodes of Infinity Train. It would probably expand in starting in the summer and this would also serve as the launch lineup of originals. Also classic shows like Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes will air there occasionally.

Cartoonito- The block will return to 6-2pm for now and CN will be airing from 2-9pm. New shows that will air on CN’s Cartoonito would be Little Ellen TV premiere, Ladybird Lu, Dylan, Wind in the Wallows, Jessica’s Big Little World, & Tom and Jerry Time. Also, more acquired shows will be picked up on the network like the Strawberry Shortcake Berry in the City Show, Fireman Sam, etc. HBO Max will get Bugs Bunny Builders and Batwheels first before it’s CN premiere. A Care Bears : Unlock the Music show will be ordered as well as a new Bob the Builder show.

Boomerang- The streaming service will be axed late 2022. It will become a hub on HBO Max for classic animation. The Boomerang channel will close in 2023 and will be on auto pilot all of 2022.

WB Discovery will announce a relaunch of Kids WB’ as a cable channel which will now be Discovery Family’s replacement for a 2023 launch.

Pibby will get a series ordered for Adult Swim & HBO Max.
The best prediction of all of them. I 100% agree with this.

Asa

Here's my new speculation:

The Total Drama series (Island to the Ridonculous Race) will move to HBO Max to promote Total Drama's new season.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I don't get this one. Why would Warner Brothers Animation dissolve Cartoon Network Studios? CN is an internationally recognized brand that's showing no sign of waning. Even if this were to happen, it's not likely that WB would stop using the Cartoon Network Studios name.

I'm puzzled by this as well. This implies that Warner Bros. and Cartoon Network are separate entities, when in fact Warner Media owns Cartoon Network. Or are you just saying that any new CN project would be followed by the Warner Bros. Animation logo instead of the CN Studios logo?
Bad take my guy.
I thought WB would begin to streamline their animation operations in the future.

Last edited:
Cartoon Network - Firstly, they'll release a sizzle reel/trailer for what's new in 2022 in December 2021
Renewals: Apple & Onion season 3, Craig of the Creek season 5, Victor & Valentino season 4, DC Super Hero Girls season 3, Mao Mao season 3(hopefully once they air the show again), We Baby Bears season 2, Gross Girls season 2, Family Mash-up season 2, Tweety Mysteries season 2, Unicorn Warriors Eternal season 2.
Premieres of new shows:
We Baby Bears premieres in January
Gross Girls premieres in the spring or summer
Dodo premieres in May
Jade Armor premieres in March
Tiny Toons Looniversity premieres in September
TTG The Night Begins to Shine premieres in the summer
Total Drama Island reboot premieres in June/July
Battu premieres sometime in 2022
The new Prince Ivandoe series premieres sometime in 2022
Tweety Mysteries premieres sometime in 2022
Family Mash-up premieres in the Spring/Summer
Premieres of HBO Max originals
Tom & Jerry in New York, Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai, Aquaman King of Atlantis, Adventure Time Distant Lands, Infinity Train Book 3 and 4, Summer Camp Island current Max only episodes, AT Fionna and Cake
Cancellations:
Teen Titans Go finally ends with a big event to wrap it up
Total Dramarama ends as the original Total Drama is back!
Special Events: Cartoon Network celebrates its 30 year anniversary!!!
They launch the new shorts program, Cartoon Cartoons
Air reruns of CN classics, make special bumpers and videos
They premiere the new TTG/DCSHG crossover movie in the Spring
The Gumball FINALLY airs on Labor Day
Mao Mao season 2 finally airs and Ellliot from Earth returns with new episodes to resolve that cliffhanger
There are special holiday events for the Sping, Summer, Winter and Halloween
Did they?

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
They will make live-action movies of Total Drama and Craig of the Creek.
Personally, I find the trend of "Let's turn a popular cartoon into a live action movie!" to be a tad overrated, but I could see Cartoon Network doing this for Craig of the Creek more than Total Drama, which is a Canadian import.

Asa said:
I think Tom and Jerry Tales and the 2014 Tom and Jerry Show should release on HBO Max.

They probably will eventually. There's no legal red tape preventing them from being there, as far as I know. It could be some technical reason why these aren't on HBO Max as of yet, like those shows need to be formatted in a certain way for them to be streamed.

Last edited:

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
What's wrong with that?
Well, for one, I'm very sick of tired of the concept of taking a cartoon series and turning them into live-action because it usually stifles creativity and going for the cheap, corporate, lowest common denominator shmuck that ever existed in media. Okay, some of them can work decently like Detective Pikachu, TMNT 1990, and Sonic 2020, but most of them are god-awful money grabs.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts