Toon4Thought
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• I'm only partway through the first episode of Primal, but I already see this becoming my new favorite series. I know it's a miniseries, but sometimes that can be a big plus.
    So I just finished a fanfic essentially being how I think Equestria Girls should've ended (it got robbed of having a finale despite the crew having ideas).
    Just when you thought this version would never air again...
    The Aladdin remake is one of few films that I am actively hoping underperforms. The more we can convince Disney to stop giving animation the finger with these remakes, the better.
    Dantheman
    Dantheman
    In the immortal words of Jay Sherman, "If the movie stinks, just don't go!".
    Zanneck
    Zanneck
    What do you think I've been doing all this time in terms of Disney's nonsense obsession with live-action reboots of their classic animated stuff? Avoiding it like the plague and finding better stuff to watch with my time (besides real life getting in the way!), of course.
    Radiant97
    Radiant97
    Making this movie flop is the only way we can send a message to Disney.
    I never got the hype for later Star Vs.. Not only is it a vastly different show than the one it started out as (which I think modern cartoons do too often), but it went from doing its own thing to riding off the success of Steven Universe.
    Reactions: RainbowCupcake
    Radiant97
    Radiant97
    Early Star was too repetitive for me but the adventures were quite fun. Even though I didn't mind the tonal shift, I do think it set in rather abruptly, whereas SU slowly eased into it.
    SweetShop209
    SweetShop209
    Though the show did gain more attention when it became more plot driven, as opposed to early episodes only parodying anime and deconstructing princess tropes.
    SweetShop209
    SweetShop209
    Why not create your own thread so you can properly articulate your feelings on the show?
    Why is it that the only new cartoons that are able to take off in internet circles nowadays are huge serialized epics? Infinity Train is like the only new CN show this year that will get any attention, despite Craig of the Creek and Victor & Valentino existing.
    Red Arrow
    Red Arrow
    It doesn't baffle me, to be honest. I LOVE Craig of the Creek, but I don't know what to say about it. I tried to make a thread about it, but it didn't last long. Same with Clarence and We Bare Bears. Does Victor and Valentino not have much continuity? It hasn't premiered here yet, but I always imagined it would.
    SweetShop209
    SweetShop209
    @Red Arrow Victor And Valentino is a more standalone fantasy comedy with a Mexican twist. It could be more plot driven later on.
    Radiant97
    Radiant97
    V&V does look like something with potentially rich lore and mythology. People had been comparing it to Gravity Falls even before it premiered.
    I'm going to watch at least 5 of the 10 released Victor and Valentino eps later today. I've got personal things to do this morning, and also EqG Spring Breakdown.
    What's with new cartoons simply never catching on as easily as they used to?
    I'm starting to get a strong impression that SU's season 5 finale (which will no doubt air as a two-parter) will be a direct tie-in to the movie, and that the two will be shown relatively close together.
    Man, so much for me to binge in so little time... My Hero Academia season 2 (to prep for Two Heroes), Bojack season 4, Disenchantment, and Hilda... pity I can't seem to watch more than two episodes per day.
    I never liked Rugrats. There, I said it.
    Reactions: Fone Bone
    Gatordragon
    Gatordragon
    Meh. Fine with me, even though I liked it growing up.
    LinusFan303
    LinusFan303
    I am a big fan of Rugrats, but can't attack you for not liking it that's how you feel, that's how you feel.
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    Me neither. Let me one-up your blasphemy. I never cared for The Powerpuff Girls either.
    Is there a reason why so dang many animated shows are in artificial limbo right now? Welcome to the Wayne, Milo Murphy's Law, Close Enough... it's ridiculous.
    19MagiswordLane
    19MagiswordLane
    "Close Enough" is worst since we haven't heard a peep since the trailer drop and various rumors on its status since (though "Milo" is close second).
    Radiant97
    Radiant97
    IIRC one of the cast/crew members said that Nick was gonna air the rest of WttW S1 in bomb format in the summer...and they didn't. They could have, but they didn't. I just don't get why Nick does this.
    Toon4Thought
    Toon4Thought
    IMO Close Enough has it slightly worse, since that had more anticipation and a longer wait. But WttW's radio silence feels more egregious, and TBH the worst part about it is that it shows more than anything else that Nicktoons would much rather live in the past than have its own legacy for the current era.

But yeah, was TBS dissatisfied with how CE came out or something and it'll ultimately end up airing on AS?
    The DC Super Hero Girls short was just kind of okay to me. Tara Strong is Tara Strong, which is cute but feels a little done by now. Same for the concept, really. At least the animation was dang good.
    The fact that the SU ep that was shown at Comic Con is presumably going to be uploaded sometime today is literally driving fans to insanity.
    Why has Thundercats Roar overshadowed CN's actually good, original programming in terms of discussion? It's coming off as negatively biased.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts