Anime Superhero Forum

Markus Nelis
Markus Nelis
Maybe don't watch it if you're getting tired of it. Why are you even watching TTG if you get tired of it? There are more shows to watch and maybe you like those more.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
The petition comment regarding cancelling Titans was firmly tongue in cheek. I thought it was pretty funny. Maybe not, because you couldn't tell I was joking.

Also, I've seen every episode of Teen Titans Go! and can easily say it's not the worst DC Project. I can probably come up with 30 worse projects from DC, although posting them all in a profile post is asking for trouble.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
I'll give you a hint where I stand there: I think Teen Titans Go! is better than the original series. I am aware that's a controversial opinion, but it is what it is. I am also less frustrated by that show than Young Justice, probably because it's disposable and not asking me to take it seriously. That helps me forgive a lot.
AdrenalineRush1996
AdrenalineRush1996
AdrenalineRush1996
AdrenalineRush1996
@Fone Bone, I didn't find your tongue in cheek comment very funny at all because it didn't come off as tongue in cheek at all.

If execs really wanted a lighter Teen Titans show, then it should've been in vein of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, not something that comes off as insulting towards the 2003 series.
AdrenalineRush1996
AdrenalineRush1996
Continued from previous comment due to 420-word limit: Also, while I do understand why some people aren't keen on it but I don't mind Young Justice having a serious tone, though I'm aware that the comic book incarnation of YJ was lighthearted, which is why some fans of both see the 2003 series as more like the comic book version of YJ and the YJ cartoon as more like the comic book version of the Titans.
AdrenalineRush1996
AdrenalineRush1996
Continued again: Not everything needs to be lighthearted in order to be good. I'm tired of that "lighter and softer = good / darker and edgier = bad" mentiality.

That being said, I respect your opinions and I'm moving on from this.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
I agree that not everything needs to be light-hearted be good. In fact most great stuff IS in fact serious. But if a show wants me to take it seriously, I will, and judge it as such. And a LOT of dark stuff does NOT hold up to scrutiny when I do that.

The light, fluffy, disposable stuff tends to bore me, but because it doesn't ask me to take it seriously, it also doesn't tend to bug me.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
Fone Bone, I didn't find your tongue in cheek comment very funny at all because it didn't come off as tongue in cheek at all.
I am SO crappy at forgetting smiley icons. Here's a rule of thumb about my opinions regarding petitions to cancel stuff: Unless we're talking Fox News pundits, I don't believe in them. Crappy television is up to viewers to reject, not boycotts.
AdrenalineRush1996
AdrenalineRush1996
I am SO crappy at forgetting smiley icons. Here's a rule of thumb about my opinions regarding petitions to cancel stuff: Unless we're talking Fox News pundits, I don't believe in them. Crappy television is up to viewers to reject, not boycotts.
My apologies but we can definitely agree on that Fox News is unfair and unbalanced.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
If I ever offend you @AdrenalineRush1996 let me know. I'll either clarify what I was trying to say or figure out a different way to say it. I'm one of those people that if someone tells me to knock it off, I'll examine my behavior rather than assume the person is being too sensitive.

We're all good.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
I think my problem with Smiley icons is that make any subtle humor I'm going for obvious, which makes any joke I tell less funny. However without them, many people can't recognize it's actually a joke.
Fone Bone
Fone Bone
Because I'm a writer, I tend to care more about the quality of my post instead of how it could come across to outsiders. I think it was damn fine joke myself. But if you couldn't tell it was a joke, and like Titans, I totally see how it could piss you off.

Featured Posts