Goldstar!
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• So, it looks like Tiny Toons Looniversity hasn't set the world on fire. There's been very little buzz about this show after it premiered. For me, TTL is "eh". I don't love it , but I don't hate it either. Warner Bros./Amblin will likely just fulfill its commitment for 2 seasons and then the show will just quietly go away afterwards.
    Reactions: Frontier and JMTV
    Ace
    Ace
    I think just leaving the show with 10 episodes and nothing else to show isn't helping it. I don't know how long they'll take for season 2. If it's anything close to a year or more that's just not good enough.
    Reactions: JMTV
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    Well, there was .a writers strike that only ended recently. This likely has backed up all production considerably. Also, animated series take longer to produce than live action shows . More episodes of TTL are coming, we just don't know when.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    The lukewarm reception of Tiny Toons Looniversity could be a good thing. Perhaps Millennials are finally getting tired of seeing shows from their childhoods get rebooted and Hollywood studios will finally back off from making them. We can only hope.
    I have a feeling that one night David Zaslav will be visited by three ghosts. :)
    harry580
    harry580
    and this is the strike I wanted to see it happen, this is a complete revenge as disney close down blue sky studios, Netflix Animation laying off its staff & cancelling its film & Warner bros discovery tax write offs they did
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    Him being visited by three ghosts suggests he could be redeemed. Nah. The ghosts wouldn't bother.
    • Funny
    Moe
    Moe
    @JMTV Yes, yes, yes, please.

Coyote is going to team with Roadrunner to take David Zaslav from Discovery World and take back to WB World to face the court with full of animated WB characters.
    • Funny
    I want to tell you that your thread was awesome and while I do think wording could have been better the premise WAS sound and solid. Shows that are lighthearted wholeheartedly are VERY rare these days and that's sad to see. You dont have to come back to the thread but I wanted you to know your thread was awesome and there was nothing wrong about it.
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    I love forum members supporting each other.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    Thanks, @aegisrawks. I was worried that my thread just came off sounding like either a jumble of rambling thoughts or a grumpy old whining that "Cartoons were better in my day!", which is the sort of person that I hope to never become. I was worried that the post too unfocused, but if a decent discussion can come from, then it was worth it to create it. Thanks again. :)
    Can we get an independent cartoon series on the internet that's not dark, gritty edge lord stuff? Something that's just funny, has likable characters and there's no point to it other than to have fun watching it? Is that even a remote possibility?

#Make Cartoons Fun Again
    SweetShop209
    SweetShop209
    My guess is that the independent artists that make these pilots and other online content, many of whom are newcomers, are trying to take advantage of having less restrictions compared to regular television, and thus want to push dark content further. I'd recommend watching a fun show like Ollie And Scoops, though episodes are released sporadically.
    Frontier
    Frontier
    I mean, I could also make the argument that there was a real dearth and rejection of more serious, serialized, shows for a while but I understand where you're coming from.
    JMTV
    JMTV
    The only independent cartoon that was light-hearted was Ollie and Scoops, and that's about it.

And yeah, I do agree we need more light-hearted cartoons in this day in age. I don't mind edgy cartoons existed, but I don't wanna watch preschool stuff either (TBF, Bluey was pretty cute, for what I'd seen). Why can't we had stuff that was in-between?
    It's one thing of you have a generally pessimistic view of things, but just whining and moaning about how bad everything is while being grumpy and rude to other people for being positive or cautiously optimistic basically amounts to being a troll. Being a downer is no excuse for being a jerk.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    It's become apparent to me that one aforementioned member here (I'm not saying names, but I think y'all know who I mean) is an obvious troll who clearly posts for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of people, and therefore, there's no reason whatsoever to engage with this person. That's what the Ignore List is for. I use it and I suggest that you do the same.
    Silverstar
    Silverstar
    People like User X are precisely why the Internet Gods gave us the Ignore button. I don't come here for whiny internet drama, so I just hit that bad boy and problem solved. Ignore and Report, folks. It works.
    JMTV
    JMTV
    @Goldstar! Yeah, I know who is that person you're talking about. I already ignore his ass anyway, so it doesn't really bother me.
    Modern day Disney's problem isn't that the studio has "gone woke", it's that they're stuck in a rut. Disney's keep recycling the same types of stories and ideas. I want Wish to succeed, but the film looks so basic. How many Frozens and Encantos can you have?
    Silverstar
    Silverstar
    @TheMisterManGuy Disney's only problem with so-called wokeness is when they try to remake something old while crapping on it for being outdated. If that's the case then why not make a new original project and leave the old one alone?
    Moe
    Moe
    Mickey Mouse must be deaf enough to not take feedbacks from us to improve the Disney.

and yeah, Disney is extremely depends on magical prince/princess films nowadays.

My most favorite Disney film is Zootopia and it is very diverse film.

Disney should try something with storyline, not prince/princess, so it can be young boy from North Alabama find a buddy with bear cub. Any storylines work well.
    harry580
    harry580
    @Moe, with the addition of sweet home alabama & freebird by lynyrd skynyrd in the film & the end credits

ok, in all serious, I think I blame the Florida man for all of this
    A YouTuber called DC Network says that he would like to see Adult Swim's Checkered Past expanded from 2 hours a night to 5. Five hours is too long for a reruns block. If Cartoon Network were to expand CP to 5 hours a night, they might as well just call it Boomerang.
    PinkieLopBun
    PinkieLopBun
    I think Teennick's retro blocks were longer than that. They did get stale, but that could also happen to Checkered Past if they don't try to shake things up. That being said, I don't see it expanding to five hours. That would involve expanding into hours Adult Swim has had for years. They didn't use them for CN reruns then and I don't see why they would now.
    Tacomaster
    Tacomaster
    Oh god, I’ve heard of DC Network. I haven’t watched their videos but I have seen their white background black text boring font thumbnails and titles complaining about everything. Good to know where their loyalties lie… in the trash
    Could everyone please stop with all the "2D animation is dead/dying", "Theatrical animation is dying", WB is dying" doomsaying? Seriously, guys. It's getting old. Every medium goes through a dark phase. It's not The End every time that something bad happens.
    Eurbane
    Eurbane
    We should do a reversal on 3d animation.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    3D animation isn't the enemy. People think that CG animation is killing hand drawn animation and that simply isn't true. It's only the majority of animated features that are rendered in CGI. TV cartoons are still mostly hand drawn. This isn't about 2D versus 3D. There's enough room in the world of animation for both styles. That's not the issue here.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    The issue is that folks are too quick to hold up signs that read "The End is near" when something in the industry goes slightly askew. It's not always smooth sailing. There are going to be some rough patches here and there. We need to just ride it out and see how things develop before we declare that things are hopeless.
    • Agree
    I unironically love the theme song and intro for the Disney Channel's "Donald Duck Presents". TDC later changed the show's title to "Quack Attack!" with a new theme and intro, but the first will always be the best to me. That theme song is an earworm!
    Pooky
    Pooky
    I never heard of this version I only knew it as Quack Attack. Seems like it had original bumpers too, rather than the awkward "clips with trendy graphics" interstitials of Quack Attack. Shame they changed it really.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    You can find the original Donald Duck Presents intro on YouTube. There's no new animation, just clips from the theatrical shorts, but the theme song is really catchy.

If Warner Bros. Discovery doesn't want a bunch of cartoons on HBO Max, the studio should create a separate streaming service especially for the cartoons.
    I don't get how Warner Bros. has full access to the Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera libraries, but barely utilizes them, even for Boomerang. I don't get it.
    What with everything that's been going with Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and HBO Max and WB's merger with Discovery, I definitely feel like we're on the precipice of something, although it's not exactly clear what.
    I really wish that people would stop saying "cartoons and anime", as though they're 2 different things. Anime ARE cartoons. Just cartoons from Japan. Coming from Japan doesn't make it any less a cartoon. We don't give Candian, Latin or British cartoons a separate moniker, so why do people insist on doing so for Japanese animation?
    I never understood Hollywood's fascination with turning cartoons into live action movies. I grew up in the 1970s. I've always enjoyed the opposite: turning live actors into cartoons!
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Cartoon characters in live-action movies, for whatever reason, have a decent track record of making money. Animated movies based on pre-existing characters, for the most part*, at least in the west, do not.

*Exceptions I can think of; Care Bears, Rugrats, Pokémon (one time), Spongebob, and a few "adult" ones like Simpsons, South Park and Beavis & Butthead.
    JMTV
    JMTV
    Me neither.
    It kind of annoys me when people come on to the forums and ask other members questions that they could find the answers to just as easily by doing an internet search. If a question is off topic and you know that it's off topic, why ask it?

Folks, we are not the internet. It's not our job to research things for you. Don't ask us a bunch of questions just because you don't feel like doing the research yourself.
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    Amen. I came back from my hiatus a couple months earlier than planned to post a profile post saying just that. I personally think it's rude that people doing that are wasting other people's valuable time. It drives me nuts have many people actually indulge these inconsiderate people.
    Is it wrong that I have zero interest in seeing The Batman? It doesn't look bad. It just looks like nothing that I haven't already seen (this coupled with the fact that I don't have the patience to sit through a 3 hour movie).

I'm Batman-ed out. I just want to see a good Superman movie before I die. Is that so wrong?
    Daikun
    Daikun
    I agree. It just looks like it's going through the Burton/Nolan/Snyder motions again.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    There's not much Burton in there. There's a fair bit of the Joker movie and the Gotham TV series. That's the thing; not only did I not feel it was not giving my anything I hadn't seen from Batman before, I thought it wasn't giving me anything I hadn't seen from Batman before within the last 20 years.
    Mostezli
    Mostezli
    You can also throw Adam West Batman into the equation even if he's not a deputized arm of the law.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts