Low Spark of Lyman

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Cartoon Network is trending on Twitter...I guess because of the WBB spin-off (which I read was previewed today)? And also the Christmas episode of original PPG?
    Here's a joke I came up with (don't know if it's been done before or not, but oh well):

Why is Thanksgiving a good day to watch bad movies? Because they're turkeys.
    I would like to know. Are ''Xiaolin Chronicles'' currently unlincensed, at least in the United States, and why?
    On MeTV's SMC this morning, there was Duck Amuck almost followed by Rabbit Rampage. In-between the two similar cartoons was The Jet Cage, which marked the transition from Milt Franklyn to William Lava.
    I really like this:

A collection of bumpers from WFLD in Chicago featuring various characters from their cartoon line-up back in the late 70s/early 80s: Super Cartoon Sunrise. Each with rain, snow and normal looks. The rectangle served as a clock when on air.
    R.I.P. to composers Ralph Carmichael (The Blob, My Mother the Car) and Leslie Bricusse (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; also wrote the lyrics to the James Bond songs Goldfinger and You Only Live Twice).
    Last year, about a month following the death of Gene Deitch, I decided to watch a compilation video of Rembrandt Films. One of the entries was an adaptation of Anatole, featuring the voice of Carl Reiner, who died one month later.
    R.I.P. to Koichi Sugiyama (April 11, 1931 – September 30, 2021), Japanese composer and orchestrator who is best known for his contributions to the Dragon Quest video game series.
    R.I.P. to actors Ravil Isyanov (GoldenEye, Transformers Dark of the Moon), Cynthia Harris (Mad About You, Edward & Mrs. Simpson, Three Men and a Baby) and Gerald Home (Return of the Jedi, Mr. Muscle television commercials).
    R.I.P. to directors Jay Sandrich (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Cosby Show, Soap) and Roger Michell (Notting Hill, Venus, My Cousin Rachel), both of whom passed away on Sept. 22.
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Also (Sept. 21) actors Al Harrington (Hawaii Five-O), Peter Palmer (Li'l Abner) and Willie Garson (Sex and the City).
    Earlier this year was the 20th anniversary of macOS (then known as Mac OS X): 10.0 "Cheetah". Today, it's the 20th anniversary of the next release: 10.1 "Puma".
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Less importantly: today's the 4th anniversary of macOS 10.13 High Sierra; yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of 10.14 Mohave (which I'm still using).
    The MeTV online schedule for Bugs Bunny and Friends mistakenly listed People Are Bunny for today when instead there was Hare Trigger.

Also, today seems like an anniversary for something...just trying to remember what it was I was thinking of.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts