Low Spark of Lyman

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Organizing/sorting my Lego collection now that I've got most of it in one room. Don't know how long that will take.

I was big into collecting Lego from the late 90s to the mid-00s, not to mention some earlier sets from others. I've only sporadically gotten new Lego things since then.

And I have a lot of Lego Magazines/catalogs. Plus some misc. merchandise.
    Dan's Revenge
    Dan's Revenge
    Have a tub full of em that likely haven't been used in a couple decades or so. Had lost a couple of my favorites that I pretty closely by memory recreated at an event a few years ago.

Also - juuuuust in case, I hope you're wearing shoes! :)
    ATSFGuy
    ATSFGuy
    I still have mine, there’s a grey tote in my closet, I’m currently building a lego garage to store my HO Scale Hi Rail Truck and Hi Rail Supervisor SUV when not in use. The roof will be removable and the garage door will open/close.

Once it’s done I’ll post pictures!

I also shop for certain lego parts through eBay’s PicClick.
    When I learned about latitude and longitude in school, I remember thinking about an island (or something?) located where the Equator meets the Prime Meridian (for story writing, that is).

Turns out Colonel Bleep was the first to come up with that very concept: Bloomberg - MapLab
    Years ago, I got the Billy and the Boingers Bootleg book of Bloom County at a Goodwill store. Perhaps not surprisingly, it didn't come with the record single.

Just a few days ago, I bought that very single (along with 4 other ones).
    R.I.P. Kane Tanaka (1903-2022), world's oldest living person since 2018, and second oldest living person in verified history, following Jeanne Calment (1875-1997). Tanaka, whose death happened a week ago but was only reported yesterday, had recently taken the #2 slot from Sarah Knauss (1880-1999).
    R.I.P. to Merri Dee, Chicago television journalist, most famously at WGN-TV. Whilst primarily an anchor and reporter, Dee also did voiceover for ads and bumpers.

Dee was involved with charities and organizations, including AARP.

R.I.P. to performers Anna Karen (EastEnders, On the Buses), Laurel Goodwin (Girls! Girls! Girls!, Star Trek TOS pilot), Veronica Carlson (Hammer horror films), Ned Eisenberg (Law & Order: SVU, Limitless, Flags of Our Fathers), and John Stahl (Game of Thrones).
    Kipp Lennon, member of the band Venice and the singing voice of Michael Jackson's character on The Simpsons, is now the lead vocalist for Ambrosia (known for hit songs such as How Much I Feel and Biggest Part of Me), having joined last year.
    Today's Bugs Bunny and Friends is all Chuck Jones, including the entire Hunting Trilogy (albeit not consecutively).
    Reactions: Pooky
    Nexonius
    Nexonius
    They usually always air 3 Bugs Bunny centric cartoons as the first, middle, and last portions of the hour block.
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Yeah, I've noticed how the blocks are bookended by cartoons with the namesake characters. I guess in the case of the trilogy airing consecutively, there could have been a fourth Bugs cartoon at the end, but oh well.
    The 1955 movie Tarantula! is airing on Svengoolie tonight, having previously done so in October of 2020. As I remember, a certain scene from The Three Stooges' Disorder in the Court (i.e. in my current avatar) was featured.
    Happy 99th birthday to Larry Storch, whose cartoon credentials include Tennessee Tuxedo and His Tales (Mr. Whoopee), early Batman (Joker), WB-7A Cartoons (Cool Cat et al.), and Groovie Goolies (Drac, Ratso).

Here's hoping he makes his birthday next year.
    Today is not only New Year's Day, it's also Public Domain Day. Among the entries is the first Winnie the Pooh book.

• Informative
    Reactions: Pooky
    LinusFan303
    LinusFan303
    Now people can make their own Winnie the Pooh stuff, as long as it works with the first book and not the Disney stuff...
    20 years ago today, Apple released Mac OS 9.2.2, the very last version of their classic operating system. It would be available on computers as late as mid-2003, whilst Mac OS X (now macOS) up to 10.4.11 had Classic Environment for computers released before the Intel switch in 2006.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts