G
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• All this sadness over Choco Taco being discontinued and I'm here thinking I never had it.
    Reactions: RainbowCupcake
    Peter Paltridge
    Peter Paltridge
    I never had one either! My first thought was that it was a literal beef, cheese and lettuce taco with chocolate on it, and I thought "does that work???"
    PinkieLopBun
    PinkieLopBun
    I work at a grocery store and I don't remember even hearing of it.
    JaredCap43™
    JaredCap43™
    I had one once?

well here's a show I just discovered. This pre-dates all of the future adult animated sitcoms. Yeah the show is pretty dated but it's a fascinating piece of history.
    Hard to believe DiC lasted longer than most Saturday morning studios
    Rick Jones
    Rick Jones
    I was thinking of this earlier today while watching some old cartoons. There were some studios that made very memorable, successful shows during the 80s but for one reason or another, a lot were gone during the early 90s. Dic kept finding ways to go on.
    • Informative
    Reactions: JMTV
    Daikun
    Daikun
    DiC was able to survive through multiple acquisitions and partnerships, which kept the company busy over the decades. I highly recommend reading DiC's history on Wikipedia. It's quite fascinating.
    Streaker Prower
    Streaker Prower
    I think it’s because the DIC Library is retentive available
    I feel like breadwinners would’ve never been greenlit under Herb Scannell’s or Gerry’s Laybourne’s Nickelodeon or maybe they would say put more thought into it
    JMTV
    JMTV
    Or better yet, have this show never greenlight in the first place.

Same thing with Fanboy and Chum Chum.
    Man I remember when Gravity Falls was coming up, I thought it was going to be a Regular Show knock off due to the premise and art style looking similar. It didn’t help that the trailers made it look terrible.

It wasn’t until the word of mouth got theough that the show blew up bigger than expected
    JMTV
    JMTV
    Yeah, I remember back when I was 12-13, the trailers didn't really impressed me.

That, and I also stopped watching Disney Channel and focusing on watching YouTube videos.
    i've noticed when Musicians/bands try to sell out to NFT's it's either someone who hasn't been relevant in the past 6 years or so or someone who desperately needs money because their recent albums or songs didn't do much
    • Agree
    Reactions: CNC
    after watching Dr. Strange 2. I'm glad Sam Raimi gets to direct another film and put his filmmaking trademarks in their but at the same time It's still another manufactured Marvel movie and they got to hit certain beats or else audiences wouldn't like it.

I don't know if it's me getting tired of superhero films or me getting older and growing out of them and want to expand my movie tastes
    Do you think some clueless parent out there bought those animated Titanic movies and showed it to their kids like it was a Disney film?
    Pooky
    Pooky
    More than one. Many more.
    Dantheman
    Dantheman
    I'm sure. Don't underestimate the "electronic babysitter" market.
    Reactions: Pooky
    it's sad you don't see a lot of adult animated series created by artists or animators in the industry.
    • Friendly
    Reactions: Low Spark of Lyman
    Otakuninja2006
    Otakuninja2006
    I know, it's quite sad, but with the current state of the Western animation industry, much more importantly the entire world's economy over the past 2 years, and I could to some extent see why?

Maybe in 2-5 years? If we're even lucky enough?
    G
    Ghoster1987
    at least we have smiling friends
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts