Classic Speedy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Had to shut off another movie before it's finished: Larger Than Life. Didn't laugh once. Gene Siskel, what were you smoking?
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    Gene Siskel's skills as a critic have always been shady. There is probably a reason Roger Ebert hated him.
    Classic Speedy
    Classic Speedy
    I mean, there have been times when I agreed with him- this was not one of them. See also Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy.
    Just found out Larry Storch passed away at 99. For those that don't know, he did numerous voices for Looney Tunes shorts after the studio reopened in 1967, including voicing Cool Cat. Not too many LT golden age alum left...
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Oh yeah, I forgot about him.
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Late note, but I have recently thought of someone who did voiceover for Warner Bros. Cartoons (albeit outside LT/MM) who's still alive: Elizabeth MacRae, from The Incredible Mr. Limpet (and later of Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. fame).
    Reactions: Pooky
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Another late note (sorry): I thought of another one, albeit for the Cartoon Special "Norman Normal"- N. Paul Stookey, one of two voice actors for the cartoon. He was a member of Peter, Paul and Mary, who did the namesake song.
    Reactions: Pooky
    I have never watched a single episode of Transformers. And really not interested in sampling it anytime soon.
    Reactions: JMTV
    Classic Speedy
    Classic Speedy
    I forgot about Beast Machines. I have seen a few random episodes of it, mainly being intrigued by its CG animation at a time when it wasn't common on TV, but I never quite got into it.
    JoeMabbon
    JoeMabbon
    One of the things that really set Beast Wars and Machines apart from other shows was that they both had legitimate endings at time when almost every other show just stopped.
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    Another random thought: bash the episodic cheesiness of the 80's series (I agree it overall didn't age very well), but the 1986 "Transformers: The Movie" is awesome and still better than any of the Michael Bay films.
    You know how TV listings often abbreviate show names to fit in the tiny boxes? I remember one of the funniest ones was when they shortened "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" to "You Afraid?"
    Most re-watched DVDs in my collection? Probably Late Night With Conan O'Brien 10th Anniversary Special and The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. They're perfect comfort food.
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    My comfort food is Mystery Science Theater 3000 or reruns of 80's/90's cartoons. But I use the streaming services, not DVDs....
    I tried watching Once Upon a Time in America. I gave up after an hour into its three hour running time. I think that's fair. If a movie isn't doing anything for me in that amount of time, it's probably not going to. Shame too, because I heard good things about the longer version.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    I got about that far (maybe a little further) when I was about 17. I don't think I disliked it, just didn't find it very interesting. I picked in up cheap on DVD a few years ago with the intent of giving it another shot but, er, that hasn't happened yet.
    Watched Johnny Mnemonic for the first time today. Disappointed. I was hoping there would be more action in cyberspace, but most of it took place in real world 2021, which looked only slightly different than 1995.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    It's no Lawnmower Man
    Could you please my age.
    I was born in 2008 (the month and day are the same)
    I am deeply sorry for lying about my age and I will never do it again.
    PinkieLopBun
    PinkieLopBun
    Not him, but I just went ahead and did that.
    A visual trope in anime I don't like? Characters who always have their eyes closed. Unless the character is blind, no human being ever walks around with their peepers shut. I feel like Mary Albright on 3rd Rock: "Open your DAMN eyes!"
    LinusFan303
    LinusFan303
    Go for the superior long hair covers eyes , so they don't have to draw eyes in the budget
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Doesn't bother me, but Brock from Pokémon drove my mum crazy
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    How often is it done in Western cartoons? All I can think of off-hand (racial stereotypes notwithstanding) is Jon Arbuckle's mother from Garfield.
    They can't all be winners. I made it through about 15 minutes of Semi-Pro before turning it off. If a comedy movie hasn't tickled my funny bone in that amount of time, it's probably not going to improve.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Not very funny, but I did enjoy the retro 70s style and soundtrack.
    Classic Speedy
    Classic Speedy
    Strange thing is, I liked Taladega Nights, another sports-themed Will Ferrell movie. Go figure.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Different writer\director; most of Ferrell's best movies were his collaborations with Adam McKay (although I personally didn't like Nights as much as their other collaborations)
    It's funny how many times Jonathan Banks has been popping up in old movies I've watched lately. I watched Crocodile Dundee in L.A.- he's there! 48 Hrs.- there he is again! Under Siege 2- look who it is! Beverly Hills Cop - oh hai, Jon!
    Did you have any copies of three Zodiac Entertainment shows? Widget the World Watcher, Mr. Bogus and Twinkle, the Dream Being either from the official VHS release or you recorded from the TV?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts