Dantheman
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Sorry about my Random Thoughts and "Things you didn't know where things until you saw them in a movie/TV show" threads. Next time, don't be afraid to slap me.
    Reactions: Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    SLAP! When I saw the random thoughts thread, I was like "I ain't touching this." As for the things you didn't know were things thread, that one was actually a good idea.
    Anyone remember that episode of the 1990s Fantastic Four cartoon, where the Invisible Woman is kidnapped by the Puppet Master, and her costume is taken away from her, and she's wearing a negligee/nightie-style undergarment?

What was up with that? Pervy animators, or something?
    Pooky
    Pooky
    I don't, but I'm currently fascinated by this (to be clear this is from the actual cartoon and not a YouTube edit, even though it really, really seems like it is)
    Rick Jones
    Rick Jones
    That was the opening two parter of the series. It always stuck out to me but it's pretty tame in the grand scope of what got by in 90s cartoons.
    Anyone ever come across the movie Nickelodeon and think, "Burt Reynolds made a movie about the children's network?".

Also, don't get me started about the Raul Julia movie Kiss of the Spider Woman not having anything to do with the Marvel Comics character.....
    Rick Jones
    Rick Jones
    At about 4 or 5, my parents would take me to the video store. I would always pick up the Amazing Spider-Man: Chinese Web VHS. I would see the Kiss of The Spider Woman VHS nearby for some reason, and the title intrigued me but the artwork was a bit spooky and let me know it wasn't for me.
    From the way the weather is acting in my area, it maybe wouldn't be a bad idea to get some of those glasses Captain Cold wears.
    I'm surprised there isn't going to be some kind of animated project for the Turtles of Grayskull MOTU/TMNT crossover toyline. If anything, it might help increase Masters of the Universe's profile among toy's kids. But what do i know?
    So apparently, Peter Parker and Mary Jane are getting married again......

.....in the Ultimate universe.

Well played, Marvel. Well played.
    McFarlane announced at Toy Fair they're going to be making G.I. Joe and Transformers Page Punchers figures. I wonder how much the fact that Robert Kirkman has the comics licenses for both now played into the decision?
    When the boards were down, I discovered this weird old sketch comedy film from the 1970s on Tubi TV called Tunnel Vision. It has Danny Dark, the guy who voiced Superman on the Superfriends, as a newscaster, but he's making jokes about the Polish and telling you what you should say to a Hell's Angel Biker to tick them off, that I can't repeat here, all in that voice that puts "Great Scott!" in your head.
    Reactions: John Pannozzi
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Yeah, this was an odd little mini-genre of low budget movies that was a thing in the 70s and promptly swept under the carpet. Most famous is Kentucky Fried Movie, but there's also The Groove Tube, Dynamite Chicken (with Richard Pryor) and one with a young Robin Williams that I probably shouldn't even name on this forum!
    This morning at 5 AM, I tune into the Pluto TV Garfield and Friends channel, and find they're showing Garfield His 9 Lives. Man, that laboratory bit is as messed up as Peter Griffith said it was.
    Last night, I watched Here Comes Garfield and Garfield on the Town for the first time in like 40 years on the Pluto TV Garfield and Friends channel. Man, was that a trip. Even weirder was hearing someone other than Thom Huge as the voice of Jon Arbuckle.
    I remember when the only thing you could watch on Labor Day was the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon. Those of you under 30 don't know what it was like, the same thing on every channel, and barely no escaping it.
    • Informative
    Reactions: Spacething7474
    Dantheman
    Dantheman
    Don't get me wrong, muscular dystrophy is a bad thing, but to be beaten with the message how bad it is every year at the same time......you can see why people got tired of it, That, and reports of Jerry Lewis's scummy attitude to those with MD.
    LinusFan303
    LinusFan303
    I remember it being around as a kid, since I had local stations from different areas, there was two different areas airing with their local inserts. It also was on WGN Superstation. We don't really long telethons anymore, since the ones we do get are like maybe 3 hours and on one night, like the Stand up to Cancer events.
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    I have never even seen one of those. I always skipped them.
    A character on The Simpsons made the case that animation is a field built on plagiarism. I think the same thing could be said for comic books and video games, as well.

Just ask, and I could provide examples for both.
    Reactions: Sam the Cartoonist
    JoeMabbon
    JoeMabbon
    The fact that there’s a genre called “roguelike” and there used to be a genre called “Doom clone” demonstrates how ingrained borrowing and imitation are to video games.
    Reactions: Pooky
    Dantheman
    Dantheman
    I read how Mary Jane Watson was inspired by Ann-Margaret in Bye Bye Birdie, because Amazing Spider-Man artist John Romita (Sr.) had seen that movie and wanted to draw her.
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    IIRC, early space shooters had an even earlier precedent with the first two arcade video games: Computer Space and Galaxy Game (both 1971), which were themselves inspired by Spacewar! (1962).
    Recently saw some Black Adam movie Funko Pops at my local Wal-Mart. Doesn't this movie come out until October?
    The fact I've forgotten my high school locker combination, but still remember that Elroy found Orbitty when his class went on a field trip to the Moon (Take THAT, Harvey Birdman!) in the 1980s episodes of The Jetsons, says a lot about me.
    That SpongeBob "I don't need it I don't need it I definitely don't need it I NEED IT!" meme sums me up so well.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts