Pooky
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hey everyone, it's the 35th Anniversary of Count Duckula (at least in the UK). To celebrate I've tried my hand at being a YouTuber. Please take a look if you have the time

(Hope this post is OK, let me know if it isn't)
    Asa
    Asa
    E.T. ride, Animal Actors, KidZone Pizza, and SpongeBob meet and greets will stay

My guess is the old KidZone will be renamed to the Dreamworks Kidstopia or something like that.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    I think there will still be some Woody Woodpecker stuff in the parks, so the sentimentalist in me hopes that it retains his branding, but you're likely right that it wont.
    parkersfan89
    parkersfan89
    at least there's disney world & universal in orlando
    Reactions: Pooky
    Watching the first season of Timon & Pumbaa on Disney+; it's kind of jarring that Timon alternates between Nathan Lane and Quinton Flynn seemingly at random. Can't remember if I noticed at the time. think I did but may be conflating that with Kevin Schon taking over in Season 2.

Perhaps not coincidentally the Lane episodes seem to have a bigger animation budget too.
    Red Arrow
    Red Arrow
    It would be nice to have the episodes in the production order.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Yeah, I assume Nathan Lane was the voice for the first 10 recordings, and then had other commitments or got too expensive, but that's not certain. Doesn't seem like there's much out there about the series.
    This scene from Halloween 4 might be the only surviving evidence of M.A.S.K. Halloween costumes
    Reactions: Moe
    Moe
    Moe
    That's super nostalgic and remember about rerun of M.A.S.K. on independent station in early 1990s.
    I know this is nerdy pedantry but it bug me when writers refer to cartoons that aired in Prime Time or Syndication as "Saturday Morning Cartoons". I don't expect the average person to know/care, but when you're writing an article or a video essay? Come on, you should get that right.
    Dantheman
    Dantheman
    Yeah, I hear ya, but being syndicated, some people probably did see stuff like He-Man and G.I. Joe on Saturday mornings. In fact, I remember the DIC version of G.I. Joe aired on Saturday mornings in my area at like 8 a.m. when I was in high school.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Sure, but cartoons that were made for theatres aired on Saturday mornings too, doesn't make them "Saturday Morning Cartoons". There will be contextual exceptions and complications (e.g. shows that at different times were made for both, like The Real Ghostbusters and Animaniacs), but mostly when used in the past tense it should only be used for cartoons explicitly made for that time slot.
    Going to take a break from the site for at least a little while, just not enjoying reading or posting much at the moment for various reasons, and have mostly been coming out of habit. Best to all.
    It's so weird to me how far they've gone with the "this if the film Andy saw in 1995" marketing for Lightyear a) It's something which falls apart quickly as soon as you think about it b) Is that really an angle that's going to get people excited? Especially the core audience of kids born 15-20 years after 1995?
    Reactions: Frontier
    Frontier
    Frontier
    To be honest, looking at the way their approaching the film, it doesn't really feel like a film that would've come out in 1995 for Andy to see.
    I wonder why Mario Party 6 was the poorest selling MP Title, and the only one of the four Gamecube MP games not to break 2 million copies? What's surprising is Mario Party 7 sold better, despite being from the dying days of the GC. Did the microphone initially put people off (or raise the price)? Did Mario Party 7 get a boost from the early days of the Wii?
    Reactions: Low Spark of Lyman
    JoeMabbon
    JoeMabbon
    I remember playing 6 and the microphone working poorly. I can't say the same for everyone else.
    • Informative
    At the end of the 2009 documentary series Monty Python: Almost the Truth Michael Palin and Terry Jones are seen meeting with Aardman to discuss a proposed project. It obviously never got made, but I wonder what it was? Can't find anything about it online.
    Turns out a CG reboot of Nu, Pogodi! just launched in Russia

There are some overly generic contemporary elements in there, but it's not bad
    NixcoBox12
    NixcoBox12
    Just by looking at the thumbnail, it looks generic
    Friday the 13th Part VII features a rare on screen performance by Susan Blu. It also features someone called Jeff Bennett, although there's some debate if it's the voice actor although it is on his IMBD.
    3D Sonic games can't catch a break; even a remaster of a well-liked game is now beset with controvery
    Watching some episodes on YouTube reaffirms my belief that Men In Black: The Series is unjustly forgotten
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts