“Bone” series coming to Netflix (Update: Cancelled)

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It felt like it was taking forever to get off the ground but I was really optimistic about it getting done this time, especially with Jeff Smith's own enthusiasm whenever he made a statement about it. This whole situation with Netflix right now sucks especially to see the animation side get such a hard hit when Netflix seemed to be one of the biggest avenues for getting original animation made today. I guess it was only so long that their business model could go without taking a hard hit like this. By the time this thing actually gets made, I'm probably going to be a senior citizen but maybe it'll happen some day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member

Dragnatek

Cancelled. Damn that sucks. Also I am worried that Redwall will suffer the same fate. Oh man the way things are going I will have no reason to keep my Netflix account.

Frontier

Staff member
Cancelled. Damn that sucks. Also I am worried that Redwall will suffer the same fate. Oh man the way things are going I will have no reason to keep my Netflix account.
Oh man, it would suck if they cancel Redwall (granted, we already had a solid cartoon version, but still) :(.

TsWade2

Geez, I didn't know there's going to be a TV series of Bone, but thank goodness I didn't subscribe to Netflix.

The Overlord

I wonder if Amazon or Apple could save Bone? Unlike Netflix, Apple and Amazon have deep pockets and are less likely to pull the rug from under this property.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Amazon is too cancel-happy for my liking. If I were Jeff Smith, I'd wait five years and reassess the entire streaming industry and which platform would be the best fit then. I kind of think maybe the notion of Bone on a streaming service came too early. The format was still far too new, and the story of Bone needs a far bigger commitment than something like Netflix would normally offer. If I were Smith, I'd take five and see how the Streaming Wars shake out.

LoudyKaizoku

Bread Makes You Fat?
If Jeff Smith revives Bone, I really want Sony Animation or Cartoon Network Studios to do it. Heck, maybe give Warner Bros. Animation a second shot.

Otakuninja2006

Jeff Smith is done with this. And frankly, who could blame him?

This is positive proof that he won't be trying for another adaptation anytime soon.

I don't blame him. But it's not just his loss. It's all our losses. Screw Netflix.
I feel bad for Jeff Smith and this franchise :(.
I honestly was more excited for Bone than Sonic Prime. :(

Jeff Smith deserves better.

That's a damned shame....

Yes he does indeed.

Maybe Cartoon Network could use Bone, it'd be a great addition to their lineup and would definitely rise up the ratings.

And you are right, Screw Netflix...

They have LOST ALL respect I had...

Not like I had much to begin with..........

And if it wasn't for the regulations here, then I'd say more....

But it's just time to move on.

Netflix failed us....

At this point, there is little to NO future for Western Animation...

And what's Minds, Rumble and all of those other sites?

I'm done holding up faith and hope that everything will get better, if Netflix couldn't save us all, then I truly don't know what will.....

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts