“Inside Job” News & Discussion Thread

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Surprised this thread isn't buzzing with popularity right now!

I probably already said this in another thread, but adult animation isn't my thing. However, I was a huge fan of Gravity Falls, and if Inside Job is anything like that show, I may just enjoy it. I'll definitely keep an eye on this and decide for myself once it is released.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
This article came out recently announcing the voice cast of Inside Job, created by Gravity Falls writer Shion Takeuchi.

"Inside Job is a comedy about a shadow government and the dysfunctional team whose daily grind is committing the world’s conspiracies."

The story follows Cognito Inc.’s anti-social tech genius Reagan Ridley, voiced by Lizzy Caplan, who is seen as the odd one out for believing the world could be a better place.

Christian Slater will voice Rand Ridley, Reagan’s father and disgraced head of Cognito Inc., who was fired after a paranoid downward spiral and now spends his unemployment plotting revenge. Clark Duke is Brett Hand, a lovable D.C. yes-dude whose fratboy energy is a cover for a sweet, caring guy who just wants everyone to like him.

Andrew Daly plays J.R. Scheimpough, CEO of Cognito; Bobby Lee (Magnum P.I) plays Dr. Andre, a free-spirited biochemist; John DiMaggio (Futurama) is Glenn Dolphman, a half-man, half-dolphin, conservative war hero.

Tisha Campbell plays Gigi, Cognito’s fast-talking Head of Media Manipulation and Subliminal Messages and office gossip queen; and Brett Gelman is Magic Myc, a psychic subterranean mushroom creature described as “the office jerk that likes to get inside your head, literally.”

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Am I the only one who finds the entire premise for this cartoon distasteful? The idea sounds even more offensive than Bordertown.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
The artstyle looks close to "Gravity Falls", the show's premise sounds pretty weird. Let's just wait for the official trailer, then we can talk.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The artstyle looks close to "Gravity Falls", the show's premise sounds pretty weird. Let's just wait for the official trailer, then we can talk.
The trailer will not change my opinion. It's not the execution I object to. It's the premise. Did the creators think Qanon weren't catered to enough and now they need a cartoon sympathetic to their crazy beliefs? I'd be similarly pissed over a Pepe the frog cartoon.

Worse, the title seems to be taken from Loose Change, that appalling and completely dated (and irrelevant) left-wing "documentary" about 9/11 being an inside job that nobody on our side actually takes seriously, so it appears they are going to "Both sides" this kind of crazy toxicity, as if left-wing cranks nobody listens to are equivalent to a dangerous political movement that has actually elected crazy people to office, and tried to overthrow our government. There is nothing about the idea of this cartoon that doesn't make my skin crawl.

I was actually planning to check out Gravity Falls someday. Now I probably won't even bother.

powerjake

Banned
So is this going to be another adult netflix cartoon thats full of shock humor to extreme levels like Big Mouth and Paradise PD?.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
What does this show have to do with Gravity Falls enough for you not seeing said show on Disney+, aside from both shows sharing a writer?
Because I have a ton of crap I need to watch already, and if this is the kind of stuff the creative staff comes up with, it's shot to the bottom of my priority list. Is it fair? No. Am I going to watch this show only after I've gotten around to seeing Breaking Bad, The Wire, and other stuff like that? Yes. And that's a no-brainer really.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Yeah..... I have to honestly agree with @Fone Bone - as much as I was OK with Gravity Falls (it really only got good with Season 2 for me.), THIS seems like a messy dumpster fire meant to prop up the wrong kinds of people politically/not seeing how this kind of crap is ruining this nation of ours (The US) daily, which is bad enough on its own - something even American Dad (which was never that good to begin with), seems to have gotten away from if only to better itself. Well, almost.

Again, with @Fone Bone, I agree wholeheartedly that THAT's all this unfortunately comes off as - I expect it to fail, unfortunately/honestly - unless it has has something more to offer that just propping up the wrong kinds of people politically, while trying to be funny with a serious issue hurting this nation of ours (The US) that just... isn't.

To me, as much as I hate to judge things at face value like this (something 4/8/whatever-Chan & YouTube do regularly and it annoys me to no end and I don't wanna be like those losers, ever!)? Yeah - It just feels like continued pumping up of a worrying subtext, rather than one more thing I indulge in this medium for - to have fun that I can't most other places, sometimes.

Even if I'm hopefully proven wrong - I still can't see myself keeping up with this like so many other shows I otherwise am (without saying examples, of course.), sadly enough.

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Cast revealed.
Also, a teaser image.

insidejob-1280x720.jpg

Dragnatek

The trailer will not change my opinion. It's not the execution I object to. It's the premise. Did the creators think Qanon weren't catered to enough and now they need a cartoon sympathetic to their crazy beliefs? I'd be similarly pissed over a Pepe the frog cartoon.

Worse, the title seems to be taken from Loose Change, that appalling and completely dated (and irrelevant) left-wing "documentary" about 9/11 being an inside job that nobody on our side actually takes seriously, so it appears they are going to "Both sides" this kind of crazy toxicity, as if left-wing cranks nobody listens to are equivalent to a dangerous political movement that has actually elected crazy people to office, and tried to overthrow our government. There is nothing about the idea of this cartoon that doesn't make my skin crawl.

I was actually planning to check out Gravity Falls someday. Now I probably won't even bother.
You realize that poking fun of conspiracies isn't catering to them. This seems to be catering more to people who think consperacies are bull crap and something to be laughed at then to people who actually believe them. Given who is working on this, I am fairly certain it will not "both sides" the subject but clearly be on the "these things are not real" side of the issue.

I think you are reading the exact opposite message then is being written here.

But that's just what I think.

Oh and I feel bad for the creator of Pepe the frog whose innocent creation got twisted and corrupted by the far right and turned into a symbol of hate. He has slowly regained control but the damage is done.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
You realize that poking fun of conspiracies isn't catering to them. This seems to be catering more to people who think consperacies are bull crap and something to be laughed at then to people who actually believe them. Given who is working on this it wont both sides the subject but will clearly be made by people who dont believe tnis crap and are making fun of it.

This is actually a really interesting point. I don't know if I agree with it but I hope it is right.

UPDATE:

I'm thinking more and more about it and I'm leaning towards your take now. What makes me feel a bit silly in hindsight is that it seems self-evident the more I think about it.

That being said, I still think the premise itself is offensive. A LOT of adult animated cartoons have offensive premises, but this idea is not really good material worth being explored. I'm no longer of the opinion that it might be an immoral show. But I also don't think it's a good topic to give any extra airtime to either.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So I didn't know this thread was a thing. Can someone merge the threads? I accidentally created another page for the show.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
So I didn't know this thread was a thing. Can someone merge the threads? I accidentally created another page for the show.

Done. Honestly, I forgot about this thread myself and I started it.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
You realize that poking fun of conspiracies isn't catering to them. This seems to be catering more to people who think consperacies are bull crap and something to be laughed at then to people who actually believe them. Given who is working on this, I am fairly certain it will not "both sides" the subject but clearly be on the "these things are not real" side of the issue.

Oh and I feel bad for the creator of Pepe the frog whose innocent creation got twisted and corrupted by the far right and turned into a symbol of hate. He has slowly regained control but the damage is done.
Exactly this. It's like Egyptian comedians laughing with terrorists. Westerners also deserve to laugh with conspiracy theorists.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts