“Inside Job” News & Discussion Thread

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I did get around to watching this show, against my usually better judgement... Oh dear lord, this is SO NOT as good as (or close to being such as) Gravity Falls - at much of anything. Keeping in my mind that I personally find Gravity Falls rather overrated, as it is... It's sad how below middling (Mid Low Tier) it all starts out, barely rising to middling (Mid Tier) by the end of the first season for me.

Going into this with low expectations was the right call for me, honestly. This is not a good substitute for something (otherwise overrated IMHO) like Gravity Falls is, like Amphibia, The Owl House, Ducktales 2017, and by extension - Molly McGee and/or Big City Greens have proven themselves already to be to me, instead. Again, IMHO, of course.

And in a time where more and more people are crazy enough to believe in things like "The Deep State", this is rather problematic. You know what should have been made, instead - if we must diginfy the existence of this otherwise proven fake concept of something among us secretly controlling us all? A show about people working to take said thing down, honestly.

Scoff at that idea all you want - too many jerks on the net when I put it out there already have by now. Whatever to those haters; Still better than watching this show try and FAIL to be funny with overuse of pop culture refs and/or making overdone political social statements to excuse weak writing and characters, overall, like oh way too many shows like and before it, that is.

Alex Hirsch - what were you thinking bringing about something this nothing special is my real question.....

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Dear god, I pity the people who have to translate this series... You cannot phantom how hard that must be. In Dutch we don't have terms for all of these conspiracy theories, so "deep state" would be translated as "een samenzweringstheorie die zegt dat een kleine groep machtige mensen de Amerikaanse verkiezingen bepaalt".

TheMisterManGuy

And in a time where more and more people are crazy enough to believe in things like "The Deep State", this is rather problematic. You know what should have been made, instead - if we must diginfy the existence of this otherwise proven fake concept of something among us secretly controlling us all? A show about people working to take said thing down, honestly.

Scoff at that idea all you want - too many jerks on the net when I put it out there already have by now. Whatever to those haters; Still better than watching this show try and FAIL to be funny with overuse of pop culture refs and/or making overdone political social statements to excuse weak writing and characters, overall, like oh way too many shows like and before it, that is.

Whether the "Deep State" is real or not shouldn't bother you. Let people believe what they want. There should be more shows like this that parody our incompetent leaders like this.

Sent from my CP3669AS using Tapatalk

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Dear god, I pity the people who have to translate this series... You cannot phantom how hard that must be. In Dutch we don't have terms for all of these conspiracy theories, so "deep state" would be translated as "een samenzweringstheorie die zegt dat een kleine groep machtige mensen de Amerikaanse verkiezingen bepaalt".

I checked out the German version, they just say ''Deep State'' in that one, rather than calling it ''Tiefer Staat''.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Same in the Dutch subtitles. I don't mind English words in Dutch but nobody hear uses these terms.

Oh sure, it loses its cultural context outside of its original language. The Deep State seems to me like a new phrase, only coming into being in 2015. The show runner Shion Takeuchi became interested in conspiracy stuff by listening to a paranormal radio show called "Coast to Coast AM", which is niche in the US and completely unknown everywhere else, except maybe Canada:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Oh sure, it loses its cultural context outside of its original language. The Deep State seems to me like a new phrase, only coming into being in 2015. The show runner Shion Takeuchi became interested in conspiracy stuff by listening to a paranormal radio show called "Coast to Coast AM", which is niche in the US and completely unknown everywhere else, except maybe Canada:

Well at least she ain't listening to Alex Jones. Nobody needs to be listening to that old fool ever, honestly. Too bad too many people do, unfortunately. Even when they shouldn't - simply because Jones doesn't believe what he says/preaches like these guys otherwise likely do (which is not just logical, but essential, if you're gonna indulge in such discussion at all.).

I may not be that big on this show like I would like to be, personally. Yet, hearing all this does tell me she was trying to make a fun show to watch and not just another social statement disguised as something enticing to watch and not truly being so.

Furthermore, glad most of us and this creator can agree: THERE. IS. NO. DEEP. STATE. I know things aren't going well for America right now, but to think everything bad happening is planned by something like that? LOL - Yeah. Nah.

Regardless, deleting Twitter and most other social media doesn't sound like a bad idea to pass onto people, which this show does somewhere - and I don'tgot any problem with that, really. This show is definitely onto something there, knowing how toxic social media mostly is in general...

I think I'm gonna keep watching, despite my less than stellar opinion on Season 1. That's really just my fancy shmancy take on all this, especially because things did get a little better later on by the end, IMHO.

Last edited:

TheMisterManGuy

One thing I would like to see in Part 2 is (especially considering the Part 1 finale) more emphasis on Cognito, Inc.'s role as Villain Protagonists. The series already establishes them as not really being the good guys, so more episodes focusing on the company's various cartoonishly evil and corrupt schemes would be funny to see, especially if they make fun of real atrocities the government already does.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
This video came out.

Edit: There's also a season 2 coming.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts