“It’s Pony” News & Discussion Thread

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Announced at the upfront today was a new Nicktoon called Pony. It centers on a 9 year old girl named Annie, her family, and what happens when a talking pony comes to live with them. It’s been picked up for 20 episodes. It’s the first animated comedy series to be greenlit for the U.S. from Nickelodeon International. It’s created by Ant Blades and is based on a short of the same name from Nick’s 2015 International Animated Shorts Program.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...enlights-Original-Animated-Comedy-Series-Pony
Pony.jpg

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I wonder if the entire voice cast will be British, since the show is from the UK.

zoombie

This sounds like a Random Cartoon short about a girl and her talking doll. I wonder if that just a coincidence.

DeanBurrito25

It sounds like Nick is taking a page from The Amazing World of Gumball's book, acquiring an original series from the UK and all. Hey, it's worked well for Cartoon Network, so why not?

ToonsJazzLover

Looks like 2019 (or possibly the next two years) will be the year of cartoons with female leads.

Title is way too simple even for a Google search. It may be a working title as of right now.

I'm skeptical about this knowing Nickelodeon's track record of producing and or acquiring shows with a Female protagonist.

Mandouga

Looks like we will have another pony cartoon to take My Little Pony's place when it wraps.

(sigh) Okay, "unpopular opinion" coming up...

Hopefully, it won't be anything like Friendship is Magic, which, to make a long story short, was essentially trying to be two different shows at once, which, where the 36 (technically 37) year old My Little Pony franchise created by Bonnie Zacherle is concerned, is dodging the issue.

In any case, I suspect that this show, "Pony" takes place in our world (i.e., the human world), and the pony of this show is the only talking pony here (unless of course, the show, or just later episodes show other talking ponies). It will probably even be more a a "girl and her pony" story. So I'll definitely check the show out.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
(sigh) Okay, "unpopular opinion" coming up...

Hopefully, it won't be anything like Friendship is Magic, which, to make a long story short, was essentially trying to be two different shows at once, which, where the 36 (technically 37) year old My Little Pony franchise created by Bonnie Zacherle is concerned, is dodging the issue.

In any case, I suspect that this show, "Pony" takes place in our world (i.e., the human world), and the pony of this show is the only talking pony here (unless of course, the show, or just later episodes show other talking ponies). It will probably even be more a a "girl and her pony" story. So I'll definitely check the show out.

Don't feel bad - I'm personally not going anywhere near this if it's anything like MLP:FiM; too bad nothing about this show stands out to me just yet, so I'm just going to wait to get more material to make a proper judgment. Either way, I'd like a show that's its own thing, not something trying to one-up something else (that I otherwise personally find overrated, which is worse.), honestly.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Don’t know if plans have changed since this was from an upfront presentation earlier this year (though the 2018 dates stuck), but this video at the 1:32 mark has it premiering during the fourth quarter of 2019.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
A couple brief first looks at the show (which is now called It’s Pony) can be seen at 1:13 and 1:29.

EDIT: The video was taken down.

Not much, but it’s nice to see Nick hasn’t forgotten about it.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts